X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 34 I think

How Primal are you: I am new to Primal and about 3 weeks into Paleo eating.

Do you consume dairy: I no longer eat or drink any dairy products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes maybe once a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was tired of being overweight and tired. Wanted to be able to play with my 3 year old.

Favorite exercise: Honestly I enjoy running and bear crawling in the yard with my son.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye steak.

Best part about being Primal: So far the weight loss and energy I have.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer. Being in Oregon we have so many Mircos I could easily drink a different one for a year without drinking it twice.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your locationelaware

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I just started transitioning about 4 days ago. I would say I am about 80% and hope to be 100% as soon as possible.

Do you consume dairy: I add a little creamer to my coffee and I eat some yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am in desperate need of a healthy lifestyle. I am 70lbs overweight, have high blood pressure, hypothyroid, and borderline diabetic.

Favorite exercise: I love hiking, but my health has kept me from doing much exercise the past 6 months or so. I hope to start easing into the primal exercise recommendations as I begin to feel better.

Favorite Primal food: I just got started, but I love a good steak.

Best part about being Primal: I love meat and vegetables so I think this lifestyle will be a good fit for me. I am praying that my health will improve as begin to adopt this new way of living.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't figured out how to eliminate some things yet. I like eating sandwiches, but bread is not primal. I will need to let go of my love of bread!

Comment

• Your location: Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: Little to none, if so, butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Improve health and body to next level.

Favorite exercise: Pushups!

Best part about being Primal: All the energy

Worst part about being Primal: Friends and family not being primal.

Comment

• Your location: Belgium

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: not sure

Do you consume dairy: none

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea. Lots of it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: don't know yet.

Favorite Primal food: all of it

Best part about being Primal: have yet to find out

Worst part about being Primal: dito

Comment

• Your location: New England

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am almost off coffee. Decreasing my consumption with herbal "coffee".

Motivator for switching to Primal: From what I have read, I believe it will address a hormonal imbalance (PCOS), which has been a major contributing factor in obesity in me. It is also naturally gluten-free and wheat-free (there are other proteibs specific to wheat that I am sensitive to in addition to gluten, which is found in several types of grain).

Favorite exercise: kick boxing

Favorite Primal food: Toss up between ribeye or salmon.

Best part about being Primal: So far, not being visciously hungry all of the time.

Worst part about being Primal: meal planning- I'm just not in a rhythm yet, but that will change.

Moonflower

Comment

• Your location: Germany (but dreaming of Argentina to come)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: a very lot. But I do love canned tomatoes (don't know if they are primal) and the casual nut butter + the manufactured fruit syrups I put into my homemade cocoa pudding)

Do you consume dairy: couldn't live without raw cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: only if i am offered to or have caught a terrible cold

Motivator for switching to Primal: the migraines and the plethora of health outcomes

Favorite exercise: cycling, volleyball, badminton, workouts

Favorite Primal food: meat and peas, and of course butter!

Best part about being Primal: the tasty food

Worst part about being Primal: the frequent dreams I got now about eating all kinds of junk food. It's like the legacy of my former self who subsisted almost entirely on sweets, pancakes, bread and noodles (I'm a fervent follower of the ketogenic lifestyle)

Comment

• Hello all,
                I live in Knoxville, TN and I am 48 as of this past April. I hope to be fully primal after finishing the book. I have already started with the quick list in the back of the book of things I don't have to avoid!

I do consume dairy in the form of cheese and yogurt. I don't like to drink milk but I do like the occasional chocolate milk. I love drinking sweet tea (southern girl, GRITS). I will be making the switch but will most likely use Truvia still. I do love my morning coffee as well.

My motivation for switching was after I talked to a good friend of mine who has lost 35 pounds so far and I asked her how she did it. She told me about the "Primal Blueprint". I always thought that the processed foods of today were unhealthy and I know our ancestors did so much better farming and eating what they grew. Of course with the fast-paced society of today that has become tougher. I have diabetes and high cholesterol so I need to find a lifestyle change that will work for me. Fad diets do not and if there was a pill that would make it all go away the U.S. would be a skinny nation and we are not.

My favorite exercise would be running and Zumba. I am signed up for five half-marathons this year (one has already been completed) and a few 5k's so far and I am sure I will do more. I am a MAJOR slowrunner! I just love the competitiveness and challenge of completing a half-marathon. I have completed two full marathons but they don't have as much appeal to me anymore.

Without studying all of the primal foods...so far...I would say Steak.

Best part about being primal will be the healthy feeling and the worst part will be my lack of sugar (sweet tea, chocolate, etc.).

I look forward to reading the forums and blogs.
                Michele

Comment

• Your location: Atlanta, GA

How Primal are you: depends on the day and energy level. We've currently focusing on GAPS for gut health as a family.

Do you consume dairy: Occassionaly, but I definitely feel better without it. Do ok with it as a condiment rather than a food group. Typically only consume high quality raw dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely as I respond very poorly and end up not sleeping if consumed after lunchtime.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have adrenal fatigue (dx diagnosed), Hashimotos and celiac - I can't function without being fairly grain free and feel much better with more fat (primal) than I do paleo.

Favorite exercise: None? Seriously, I frequently have a hard time coping with just getting through the day and REQUIRE 9 hours of sleep a night. I've been cardio free (other than walking a couple times a week) for almost 2 years on doctors orders. I am starting to think that doing some heavy lifting might feel good.

Favorite Primal food: grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: ability to keep my head above water!

Worst part about being Primal: dishes
                  Laurie

GAPS/Primal - Working on Getting Healthy!

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88988.html

Comment

• New here. A friend of mine has been doing Primal Blueprint since early this year, and has been very successful. He recommended I look into it, so I came to the site and did a bunch of reading. Looking forward to trying to get into it. I don't have a problem exercising at all, it's just the eating thing that is an issue for me. I consume alot of bread and grains, and hopefully I can change that.

The Questions:

Your location: AL

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Just looking into getting into it

Do you consume dairy: Yes, it never really has been something I've tried to avoid

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - with cream and sugar..probably way too much at that

Motivator for switching to Primal: looking for something to lose weight that works.

Favorite exercise: cycling, road and mountain

Favorite Primal food: TBA

Best part about being Primal: TBA

Worst part about being Primal: TBA

Comment

• Your location: Bolzano, Italy

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: About to go Primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but decent Italian cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, rarely with milk and never with sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: Longevity, energy, strength and a huge personal interest (not weight loss as I'm already at my ideal weight)

Favorite exercise: pulls ups and push ups

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!!! (Even if it isn't that primal)

Best part about being Primal: Energy and lots of it

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to fit into a country where they believe carbs are good and meat makes you fat and they eat cake and biscuits for breakfast

Comment

• Hi,

The Questions:

Your location: Canada

How Primal are you: Not really, wanting to start.

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, energy, confidence

Favorite exercise: Running

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Falkirk, Scotland

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Not very yet

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:Health, I've had a frozen shoulder for the past 5 months(actually both of them), my Doctor has done a glucose tolerance test, which has twice now come back as borderline.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell Swings, but not for the past few months

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal:yet to be answered

Worst part about being Primal:yet to be answered

Comment

• Your location: Europe

How Primal are you: A lot most of the times, none some times

Do you consume dairy: yes but not milk. I eat heavy cream, cheese, yogurt and kefir

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both with vigilance ...

Motivator for switching to Primal: gluten intolerance

Favorite exercise: planks (I CAN DO THEM --- yesssss) , squats and headstands ....

Favorite Primal food: meat in any form (but is was my favorite even before going primal)

Best part about being Primal: energy and the face of people when they realize how much and what I actually eat ...

Worst part about being Primal: the inability to grab something to eat from my office cafeteria

Comment

• Your location: Croatia

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: being as healthy and fit as possible.

Favorite exercise: PBF

Favorite Primal food: all

Best part about being Primal: Being healthier, having more energy, building muscle and no more sugar cravings (not getting the hungry horrors ).

Worst part about being Primal: -

Comment

• I'm in!

Your location: Denver, Colorado

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Barely starting "officially", but somewhat 'Primal' all along in a way

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not so much anymore

Motivator for switching to Primal: I grew tired of being an overweight, complacent little rabbit and want to become a BEAST!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!

Best part about being Primal: Thus far, the incredible feeling I have after ditching breads and sugars

Worst part about being Primal: I admit to missing foods like lasagna, pizza, calzones, etc... It will be worth it though. I can already FEEL it!

Pleased to meet everyone, and I look forward to learning more.
                                Eat like a Beast, feel like a Beast!
                                Eat from a huge bag of processed junk... Well... You know.

Comment

Working...
                                X