• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Adrian
    Your Location: Cracow, Poland
    How primal are you: 100%
    Do you consume dairy: No
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, quite often
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to gain weight, fought with anorexia and other health problems.
    Favorite exercise: Weight lifting
    Best Primal food: Bacon & eggs fry up
    Best part of being Primal: Better health condition, more energy
    Worst part about being primal: My school mates look when I eat, or when I answer "no" to pice of pizza or crisps.
    Hardgainer trying to gain - my primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread91644.html

Comment

• Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 90%? I am not sure, I just started a week ago >.>

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I do have about a teaspoon of milk in my coffee in the am, and I eat some cheese, and some yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee - a cup or two a day. I used to use 3 sugars in my coffee, but cut that out when I decided to try this lifestyle. I couldn't give up the milk though, not a huge fan of black coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My kids. I wan't to be healthier for them, and to have more energy to do things with them.

Favorite exercise: I really don't have one yet, I've not really been much of an exerciser before this, so I am slowly trying to incorporate it. Right now, I mostly walk.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. ( course right, being that I am from Canada )

Best part about being Primal: So far, after the initial 4 days ( I felt terrible) I have felt really good. Not very tired, or cranky at all like I used to be, I am not constantly hungry and when I do get hungry, I no longer shake and feel like I am going to faint.

Worst part about being Primal: My husband doesn't understand it, and is constantly trying to tell me what isn't okay to eat and what is. Example : Potatoes are fine, they are a vegetable, eggs are BAD they are full of cholesterol ext. He's been a cook for 13 years of his life and swears he knows nutrition like the back of his hand. Also that he is constantly bringing home ice cream, pizza, and sweets. But I've been able to resist them so I am super happy about that!
      Last edited by JenLiana; 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM.
      There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears, get over your hill and see what you'll find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Comment

• Your location: United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Mostly - apart from when I have a slip up!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only butter and unpasteurised goats cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal only - however some of my occasional 'slip ups' are of the milky tea and sugar variety!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle choice to help with weight, IBS and other health issues. Want to be a healthy mum if and when the time comes.

Favorite exercise: Love pilates and Body Pump class... as for individual exercises, possibly squats.

Favorite Primal food: Ummm... possibly my yummy thai green chicken curry with cauliflower rice, or some yummy primal-friendly carrot cake!

Best part about being Primal: Knowing exactly what is in the food I eat and feeling so much better as a consequence.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to people that just see it as another fad. Also, having to try and explain why certain foods are 'not allowed'.

Comment

• Hi everyone!

Your location:Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Not very - just learning about this new concept and I love it!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mainly just cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, black, and the occasional tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: The concept just makes sense to me. I've always kind of known these basic rules but haven't necessarily followed them. I like the thought of having some basic "rules" that I can follow.

Favorite exercise: Anything outdoors, any sport!

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up cheese and pasta!! I am on the road a lot and I feel like eating out will definitely be challenging. I don't want to do this for a little while and give up on it - I don't want a "fad diet", I want to actually make a lifestyle change and I'm worried about my ability to do that.

Comment

• Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I started my first Whole30 on May 19, 2013. I feel so great I plan to continue that indefinitely. I've adjusted my workouts to be inline with the Primal Blueprint.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 4 oz black organic cold-brewed coffee per day, recently adding organic coconut oil and ghee to make bulletproof coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy, physical and mental health, nutrition, mental clarity, physical appearance

Favorite exercise: easy pace biking, walking, Tabata squats, weighted front squats, planks, chest-to-floor pushups, assisted pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, steak, coconut manna, shredded sauteed veggies

Best part about being Primal: Feeling energized, focused, satiated and more in touch with my emotions, learning to cook, changes to physical appearance

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling judgmental of and helpless over loved ones' non-Primal choices when they suffer from inflammation-related diseases and disorders but are not interested in considering changing their eating habits.

Comment

• Your location: Italy

Age (If you want): just turned 42

How Primal are you: 8 out of 10

Do you consume dairy: once a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: yeah

Motivator for switching to Primal: mainly for loosing waight but I soon realized that is the best way of eating

Favorite exercise: tennis

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: haveing a full english breakfast ( without toast) and not having to woory about it

Worst part about being Primal: well... not have a bear

Comment

• Your location: Forest of Dean, England

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Moderately. Have basically given up wheat but still consume rice on occasion.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mark's arguments for giving up grains (esp wheat seemed compelling. Also weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Fasted Walking

Favorite Primal food: Blueberries

Best part about being Primal: It makes fat loss relatively easy.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to put more thought into meals & the extra expense of buying primal foods. Worth it though.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Australia, East Coast!

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you:Not at all, I only started researching recently, and I'm starting tomorrow.

Do you consume dairy:yes I will, but only milk in my coffee when I don't have it black.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both!!!! All the time!!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Im sick of counting macros all the time, I just want to feel healthy and supplement my body without timing when I eat my carbs post workout or applying a strict IF, time to listen to my body.

Favorite exercise: Weights, and heavy! Adding cardio in, I also play defense in women's soccer.

Favorite Primal food: Salmon with the skin on!!! Or fresh crab caught by us!

Best part about being Primal: Looking forward to ditching the calculators and all the bad processed foods.

Worst part about being Primal: hmmm not sure yet but I'm sure challenges will be on their way!

Comment

• Your location: Durham, NC

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I've been dabbling, at various levels of seriousness, for a couple of years, but I want to go "whole-hog."

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier and happier lifestyle and to eliminate reactive hypoglycemia and extreme fatigue after gastric bypass surgery (2008)

Favorite exercise: riding horses, kayaking, anything that doesn't resemble a "modern day" exercise routine.

Favorite Primal food: Caveman style T-bone steaks, right in the coals!

Best part about being Primal: increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: struggling in a non-Primal world

Comment

• Your location: South Queensferry, UK (it's in Scotland, near Edinburgh)

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Not very, at the moment - my husband and I have been trying to switch - he's doing very well, but I'm currently pregnant with our second child and struggling to face anything with any nutritional value! Hoping to switch back to a much cleaner diet once I'm done with the first trimester and start feeling a bit more normal!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I gave it up once while breastfeeding my son to see if it was affecting him - it wasn't, and I didn't feel any different, so I've carried on. Try to stick to yoghurt, creme fraiche and cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither, never have. Horrible diet pepsi habit though, must work on that.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, energy, weight loss, better sleep, better mood.

Favorite exercise: CrossFit. I suck at it, and hate it when I'm there, but it's awesome when I'm done!

Favorite Primal food: Strawberries, raspberries, sweet potato wedges

Best part about being Primal: Mood is much more stable, easy weight loss, feel generally much better

Worst part about being Primal: Constantly falling off the wagon and having to face the first few weeks of carb flu again and again! My own fault I know, but it sucks!

Comment

Your location: Central Point

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 3 days old

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: green + sleepy tea during the winter

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight and health

Favorite exercise: team sports

Favorite Primal food: Elk Jerky

Best part about being Primal: Feeling like I am camping and being a kid for life

Worst part about being Primal: no junk food (which is actually a blessing I just haven't got that in my mind yet)

Comment

• Hi

Your location: Perth Western Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not very... YET

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise: Mountain Biking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Im not there yet but looking forward to the health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: Is definitely going to be eating out

Comment

• Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 45+

How Primal are you: 85/15 -ish

Do you consume dairy: yes - full fat plain Greek yogurt (PC 9% is the best!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: diagnosed Celiac in 2009

Favorite exercise: hiking with my dog

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: Being fit and not spending hours and hours in a gym

Worst part about being Primal: I can't really think of anything

Comment

• Your location:New Hampshire, USA

Age (If you want): Late 30's

How Primal are you: For the past several years I suppose I've been more Weston Price-ish than pure Primal/Paleo I guess...but I have been following Mark's blog for a while. I pretty much cook everything I eat (except Ezekiel bread and tortillas) from scratch, but I haven't totally banned potatoes or brown rice (yet) from my diet. However, I'm going to try doing it 100%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter, cheese (raw milk preferably), yogurt (I often make it myself), raw milk, and raw cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. I like both but I'm finding tea to be preferable. Coffee tends to make me jumpy. Love a good espresso, though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm carrying too much body fat and want to do something about it.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling hungry, and food tastes better

Worst part about being Primal: Pastured meats are expensive

Comment

• Aprilrae420

Your location:Miami

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you:mostly? Like 60% it's hard when I'm on vacation but when I'm home it's all I cook

Do you consume dairy:yes butter and cheese, some milk and heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea:not really

Motivator for switching to Primal:my gym introduced me and it works and works for me

Favorite exercise:none

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal:meat

Worst part about being Primal:sugar

Comment

Working...
                                X