X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Central Coast of California

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 7, on a scale of 1-10

Do you consume dairy: Yes, except for drinking milk. Just don't like it especially.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, lots.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a logical person and it just makes more sense than the hogwash my doctors keep telling me.

Favorite exercise: Circuit training at Curves

Favorite Primal food: These: Balsamic-Glazed Drumsticks | Mark's Daily Apple. Except I make them with wings instead of drums, and an entire bunch of cilantro.

Best part about being Primal: I feel like my body is working the way it is supposed to for the first time, ever.

Worst part about being Primal: That I didn't know about it sooner.

Comment

• Hi All,
      Here are the answers to the questions.

How Primal: 80% (Hubby has a weakness for corn, ie. popcorn, corn chips, etc.)

Dairy: Only a bit of aged cheese (just can't give it up, yet)

Coffee/Tea: Yes coffee in AM (1 cup). Green tea and herbal tea during the day.

Motivator: I tried to get my family to convert to the Primal/Paleo diet way back in 2003. Alas, it was just to foreign for them. Now, they finally believe what I've been trying to tell them all these years.

Favorite Exercise: Walking. I was a flight attendant for the last 2 years and would regularly walk up to 16 miles on a 4 day trip, along with the lugging of bags, stair climbs, cart pushing, plane surfing Now, I'm back to my sedentary ways and need to GET GOING.

Favorite Primal Food: All of it! I like just about everything, it's getting my hubby to eat things he thinks are from another planet that's the hard part.

Best Part: Last night for the first time in months I slept through the night without waking up. I'm menopausal so I usually wake up at least once per night with a hot flash or night sweat. Last night was heaven. I had gone the whole day without anything non-primal. Woo Hoo! I hope this is the beginning of better things.

Worst Part: Since we live out in the middle of nowhere, it's hard to find organic, healthy choices. We get a grass fed 1/4 beef from a friend, but the rest is whatever we find at our local market. Fortunately, they are good about ordering the things we want, but it comes at a price.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Portland Oregon

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Right now 100% primal

Do you consume dairy: Nope.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep coffee. Black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be truly healthy, I want to feed myself well and take great care of my body. I also want to finish up the weight loss (47 to go!) or find a place that my body is healthy and I feel great.

Favorite exercise: lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: bacon. duh.

Best part about being Primal: nearly unlimited food options.

Worst part about being Primal: i don't know how to cook creatively - and so i use a lot of the same over and over...and it's new so i'm still learning.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Marseille, France

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I am 95% primal, I get better with time. I have been doing primal for 9 months and I have lost 5kg. Now my goal is to get more tone.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: get healthier & lose body fat

Favorite exercise: hikking

Favorite Primal food: sweet potatoe

Best part about being Primal: No more after lunch dozing

Worst part about being Primal: Being french, I miss my baguette!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you:about 75% there id say, working towards 100%

Do you consume dairy: yes, minimal amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes both, in moderation (ie, 1 cup /day usually)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I agree with everything primal is about

Favorite exercise: zumba dance aerobics

Favorite Primal food: sashimi

Best part about being Primal: the feeling your body gets

Worst part about being Primal: peer pressure from morons not to be

Comment

• Heading back to health

Your location: Toronto Canada

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: transitioning with plans to be fully primal by May 1st. Was primal before for 2 years and then went back to SAD in Oct 2011 for numerous reasons.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: fitness, health, energy, weight loss, better sleep, better skin, better mood etc etc

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: anything BBQ

Best part about being Primal: happier body

Worst part about being Primal: I really like diet coke

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just finished reading the Primal Blueprint and am tranforming my life meal by meal.

Do you consume dairy: a little bit of cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthy and feel my best, I need to lose 100 lbs. and I have food intolerances to glutten, soy, and dairy which are part of my weight lose struggle which are not part of a primal lifestyle, so it supports my dr. health goals for me. I also have an foot/ankle injury that will be helped by losing weight so I get back to doing the activities I love!

Favorite exercise: hiking and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: how amazing my body feels, more energy than before

Worst part about being Primal: Detoxing from carbs and limitations on eating out and seeing those around me eating the SAD diet

Comment

• [QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: new england

Age (If you want):
                  How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:
                  with glee!

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                  coffee breve-espresso with steamed heavy cream
                  herb teas

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                  better health=more fun

Favorite exercise:
                  riding my horse or rowing my boat

Favorite Primal food:
                  bacon

Best part about being Primal:
                  i feel so much better

Worst part about being Primal:
                  not eating the same as my partner

hi all, i'm suse and have found my way here via the hcg forum.
                  i'm a beginner primal eater and have also just begun paying attention to my blood type and so far so wonderful. my body is changing shape and composition, and i feel lighter and sated with so little food. this just feels good and right for me.
                  Last edited by suse1023; 04-21-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: increasingly Primal. I gave up almost all grains and sugars; I try to eat lots of animals and plants; I exercise 3/week ("Starting Strength" program); yesterday I did my first weekly sprinting routine.

Do you consume dairy: yes; usually 1 or 2 liters of milk a day; some cheese. I don't have allergy or intolerance to it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: muscle-building (I'm a skinny, hardgainer guy); better overall health; irritable bowel syndrome; allergies; better sex drive.

Favorite exercise: barbell squats.

Favorite Primal food: Argentine-style barbecue.

Best part about being Primal: I am surprised of how fast the changes begin to take place; my energy levels are really balanced throughout the day, and I find it less hard to get up in the morning; my strength and muscles are steadily increasing; my sex drive is soaring; my motivation to exercise is unprecedented; my digestive issues are gone.

Worst part about being Primal: giving up most desserts; having to say "No" to carb/grain eating opportunities.

Comment

• Name: Chelsea

Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Last week was my first week Primal eating! Before switching to this lifestyle I was really never a big grain eater, but I did love my breakfast oatmeal, sweets, and treats.

Do you consume dairy: I did before the previous week. I was an almond milk drinker but Greek yogurt and frozen yogurt were two of my favorite things to eat.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one cup of coffee every morning, and occasionally have tea at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been on and off diets for about two years now. I gained a little weight when I came to college and have had problems with yo-yo dieting to get the weight off. I decided to go Primal because it is a more holistic approach to making your body not just look better, but feel better. I'd like to gain more energy and a better sense of what I'm putting into my body.

Favorite exercise: Walking or running!

Favorite Primal food: Fruits and almonds. I know to eat these sparingly but I can't get enough of either!

Best part about being Primal: Having my whole body feel like it's more in sync. I can feel myself being energized and don't have to worry about putting artificial ingredients in my body.

Worst part about being Primal: I have five roommates who are definitely not Primal eaters so sometimes it's difficult to watch them eat the things I no longer consume, or go out to eat with them because of the places they choose.

Comment

• Your location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:Just starting, but I would say about 80%

Do you consume dairy: I did up until Friday, hard to give up yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink either, but I am a big fan of Viso

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthier and get away from all the processed crap that is out there.

Favorite exercise: Runnning and Weights

Favorite Primal food: Anything coconut and bacon

Best part about being Primal: coconut and bacon

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to get used to not eating pasta and bread

Comment

• wife
                          mother to 3 boys 7,8, & 11

The Questions:

Your location: Washington

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you: constantly trying to me more primal but so addicted to carbs and I work in a bakery

Do you consume dairy: a little - yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - copious amounts - trying to cut down

Motivator for switching to Primal: My dad - he is a low carb-er - Grandpa had diabetes - my dad's side of the family struggles with weight - 2 years ago I went low carb. I lost weight but more importantly I felt amazing! Full of energy and I was never hungry, unfortunately I'm a carb addict and an emotional eater. I can't remember how I stumbled across MDA (about a year ago)- but it makes perfect sense to me.

Favorite exercise: hiking and jogging

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: the energy

Worst part about being Primal: the fact that French bread isn't

Comment

• Massachusetts
                            Soon to be 49
                            Mother of 3 , grandmother to one beautiful two year old
                            Just starting out primal, no grains for the past three weeks now
                            Still doing dairy, but just whole organic milk in coffee, organic kefir and home made Greek yogurt
                            I run, just started crossfit, and getting back into the weight room
                            Am loving the steak, but missing sugar (getting better though) and having a tough time giving up my glass of wine after dinner
                            but overall, am really excited that I'm feeling this good!

Comment

• Your location: Colorado

How Primal are you: uuh, still making the transition but I think I'm doing pretty well

Do you consume dairy: Yes but I'm going to try and cut back on it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I like tea but I'm not an addict, I hate coffee though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weightloss, nothing else has really worked and let's face it, eating real foods is the only thing that makes sense.

Favorite exercise: oooh, well I love Yoga, pilates, biking, walking, and horseback riding

Favorite Primal food: I'm not familiar with all the fancy stuff yet but the classics are always great, I love a good steak.

Best part about being Primal: How all my tummy troubles melt away when I have really good paleo days

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the cravings, I'm still burning sugar not fat.
                              You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I joined this forum almost 4 years ago. I am still exactly the same weight I was when I joined. I guess that I should be grateful that with all the cheating I do, that I haven't gained weight. I've been basically living Paleo/Primal for more then 10 years. My health is great, but I still cheat, it causes binges and then I feel physically horrible. I've decided to start tomorrow with a personal 30 day challenge. I want to get back in shape and stop eating crap that isn't good for me.

The Questions:

Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten and Dairy sensitivities.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: All of it!

Best part about being Primal: How fantastic I feel when I'm eating clean.

Worst part about being Primal: Sticking to it.
                                Last edited by Luvbirds; 04-24-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X