X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Questions:

Your location: Kent, United Kingdom

Age (If you want): 35yrs old

How Primal are you: Can't answer that just now, as I have only begun this journey this month. I won't be able to go 100% straight away, but hoping for at least 75%-80% long term.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but am trying to limit my caffeine intake. Drink more water and introduce Green Tea into diet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get healthier

Favorite exercise: Yet to find one that I love, but have been exercising for bout 3mnths

Favorite Primal food: I love steak, does that count?

Best part about being Primal: I can't answer that just yet.

Worst part about being Primal: I can't answer that just yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

• Your location: Arnprior, Ontario

How Primal am I: Just started two weeks ago but around 70%

Do I consume dairy: milk in coffee and the odd greek yogurt

Do I drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health has taken a back seat over the years and recently separated and wanted something positive to focus on....plus it's fun!

Favorite exercise: Push Press, rowing

Favorite Primal Food: Eggs, steak, bacon

Best part of being Primal: having a goal

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza!

I read the book and I loved imagining the lifestyle of "Grok"so I sold my house and found a cave to live in. I refuse to give up my IPOD and modern amenities like deodorant though!
      Last edited by Shawn1657; 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• A cave? really? Not a real cave tho?!

Comment

Age 49
          Quite primal-but do have some sugar and some dairy
          coffee and tea yes
          went primal to maintain health and hate what is done with modern foods
          exercise-walking etc...
          favorite primal food: all
          best part: feel good and strong
          worst part: nothing

Comment

• Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 70% (still trying to give up diet soda :/ plus i have the occasional crumbed fried protein and am trying hard to avoid food cooked in vegetable oil. theyre everywhere!!!!)

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of following a fad diet. hated feeling bloated and fat every night.

Favorite exercise: long walks. push ups. jump rope. i hate pull ups.

Favorite Primal food: roast duck

Best part about being Primal: energy levels are sky high most of the time. bad case of flatulence gone. lol. able to maintain weight without too much effort.

Worst part about being Primal: too much energy levels at times. my mind is sayin rest but my body wants to go go go. the body wins most of the time

Comment

• Your location: Seattle, Washington

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Almost two weeks in...doing pretty good, learning a new eating habit and routine with the boyfriend is challenging.

Do you consume dairy: Just a little bit...cheese mainly in small amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes. Living in Seattle there is a plethora or Starbucks...it's hard to not give into the cravings, this might be my biggest challenge!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being the supportive girlfriend I am, my boyfriend and I are embarking on a new and healthier lifestyle! With our schedules we were eating out a lot and spending way too much money. I am excited for the change in how we eat and feel!

Favorite exercise: Yoga, dance, pilates...ugh running

Favorite Primal food: Steak...nom nom

Best part about being Primal: Being about two weeks in I can't really say yet. It is nice being able to cook more instead of going out all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: ...besides the headaches? Probably my sleep.

Comment

• Well it's spring so i'm waiting for the bears to come out of hibernation but I have my eyes on a real beauty.

Comment

• Your location: Seattle, Washington

How Primal are you: Almost two weeks in...doing pretty good, learning a new eating habit and routine with the boyfriend is challenging.

Do you consume dairy: Just a little bit...cheese mainly in small amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes. Living in Seattle there is a plethora or Starbucks...it's hard to not give into the cravings, this might be my biggest challenge!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being the supportive girlfriend I am, my boyfriend and I are embarking on a new and healthier lifestyle! With our schedules we were eating out a lot and spending way too much money. I am excited for the change in how we eat and feel!

Favorite exercise: Yoga, dance, pilates...ugh running

Favorite Primal food: Steak...nom nom

Best part about being Primal: Being about two weeks in I can't really say yet. It is nice being able to cook more instead of going out all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: ...besides the headaches? Probably my sleep.

Comment

• haha Shawn...let us know how you go good luck!

Comment

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just starting out but went pretty much all in

Do you consume dairy: Raw cheese only at this point

Do you drink coffee or tea: iced tea is one of my favorites

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and well being, and would like to get back into playing basketball competitively

Favorite exercise: playing

Favorite Primal food: fatty meat

Best part about being Primal: How I've felt so far (only 5 days in)

Worst part about being Primal: carb flu (going thru it right now...

Question for the community: Should I begin Primal Fitness after I recover from the carb flu or is it ok to do it during?

Comment

• Hello,

I'm from Northern California
                        Almost 51--female
                        Just started PB a week ago
                        yes I consume a small amount of dairy--cream in coffee once a day. Small amounts of Parmesan cheese
                        Coffee in mornings 1cup usually, occasionally 2 throughout the day, I've started drinking large cup of decaf green tea in the evenings to help me not munch at night
                        I need to lose 150. I've been morbidly obese for about 23 years now. Have lost n gained on several diets, but have reached a point in my life that I'm scared of the health risks my weight poses. I'm short of breath from minimal exertion, my legs n feet ache n I feel overall lousy most of the time, uncomfortable in my own skin I'd say.
                        I can't exactly say I have a favorite exercise, but with this amt of weight, walking is about the only thing I can do, although I don't get much of it either besides what I need to do to get through the day. I do janitorial work n feel like hauling around this much weight while working is exercise enough at this point, I'm hoping I will start feeling so much better soon that I'll be more motivated to go for real walks soon.
                        Best part of PB is the ease of doing it, even when away from home.
                        worst Part-Trying to be balanced with it. I still don't really understand how many calories approx should make up my food intake for the day. I know that will definitely have a large part in my losing n while I don't expect to lose it overnight, I would like to see a steady loss to stay motivated to continue.
                        I need to learn not to be an "All or Nothing" type person n if I fall short to just get right back to it and not feel like I might as well go off all the way.

Any suggestions on getting off to the best start appreciated, thanks!

Comment

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Brand new

Do you consume dairy: milk, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee w/milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Survival. Have had 2 heart attacks and fought weight and depression all my life

Favorite exercise: playing with my dogs

Favorite Primal food: prime rib

Best part about being Primal: we'll see
                          Worst part about being Primal:

Question for the community: None yet

Comment

• Your location: Moncton, NB, Canada

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: More and more, baby steps...

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt and small amounts of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. A lot.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Very heavy deadlifts and squats

Favorite Primal food: Nicely marbled cut of grass-fed beef.

Best part about being Primal: The very...alive feeling you get...mental clarity, energy, strength.

Worst part about being Primal: Reprogramming my life from a few years of bad decisions.

Comment

• Your location: UK – the South West

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Probably about 85% diet-wise. I avoid all grains, legumes and nightshades. As I'm losing weight I'm also not drinking and it turns out dairy is the source of my acne, so it's pretty much meat, fish, eggs and veggies. But since I don't have unlimited resources, it's not all organic or free-range, except for the eggs, and bacon is a daily breakfast component.

Do you consume dairy: No. I tried clarified butter after a few weeks when my skin was clearing up and it prompted an immediate flare-up of acne.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Lady Grey and Lapsang Souchong to start the day, with fruit tea later and decaffeinated or low caffeine coffee. Until I gave up the dairy it would be PG Tips Decaff as too much caffeine gives me palpitations.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Knowledge. It made sense when Dr Atkins explained the basics of fat and protein digestion vs carb digestion in his book, but when I read that, it was just about me losing weight. Now that I can see and have some understanding of what grain can do to someone's health over a lifetime (my father has Alzheimer's), it's much more serious than that. Based on my parents' lifespans I reckon I have another 40 years or so and I want to get the most out of it!

Favorite exercise: Probably badminton. It's a bit like an early video game. You've so focused on keeping the shuttlecock off the ground you really don't notice just how much you're moving until you stop. I actually enjoy 'catch' of any variety, but currently have no one to indulge with.

Favorite Primal food: Probably belly pork, though I'm partial to scampi and whitebait … and winkles.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I have control over what I'm feeding myself and that I understand what my body does with it.

Worst part about being Primal: Definitely watching friends with health issues who think what I'm doing is a 'fad' diet and CW is right. I've told them what I'm doing and why, but I have to leave the rest up to them. I'm hopeful that as I continue to lose weight and gain health, they'll wonder if there might be something in it for them. I think at the moment they're all waiting for me to give up or make myself unwell. Or they tell me that different things work for different people.
                              Me, My Father and The Alzheimer's - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread84213.html

Comment

• Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Been doing this with the occasional relapse for about six months. Recently I decided if I give myself one cheat meal a week where I just eat whatever craving I haven't been able to shake all week I will avoid relapses. I still have Natural WPI protein post workout, but this is because I had so much left over and didn't want to give away my open packets, I am not going to buy any more when I run out though.

Do you consume dairy: I still have organic full fat yoghurt (I am scared to entirely give up dairy because I worry about not getting enough calcium). I guess WPI is dairy too.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I have never been into coffee. I do drink Rooibos tea and occasionally drink green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:I was always very skeptical that my energy will be poor if I ate primal (I'm a Rock Climber and I have an extremely intense resistance training program) anyway, I tried it, I felt great, my body was at its best.

Favorite exercise: Pull Exercise Pronated Grip Pull Ups, Push exercise dips, legs front squat, Cardio high intensity interval training

Favorite Primal food: Wild Salmon

Best part about being Primal: How you feel

Worst part about being Primal: Eating Out or on the go (let's face it sandwiches are pretty convenient, especially at a crag)

Comment

Working...
                                X