X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Nevada

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I fluctuate between veganism/vegetarianism to Primal style and just go with the flow!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, yogurt, whey, cheese, and grassfed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: various herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: it's just a really cool all around lifestyle!

Favorite exercise: doing gymnastic work, kettlebells (love jerks/snatchs) and practicing mixed-martial arts

Favorite Primal food: I guess I will have to go with what I am working alot with pumpkin. Love pumpkin seeds and roasted kabacha squash. Great sweet tasting food. Don't know if they are exactly Primal though...

Best part about being Primal: The best part is the amazing health and energy along with nice physique! I also love the feeling of being more connected primitively to nature!

Worst part about being Primal: I burn through fats relatively quickly so I have to utilize some grain sources like quinoa, wild rice, and rice bread at times to keep me satiated or else I get way too lethargic! Plus, I try to keep my weight steady and need them to help stabilize my weight.

Comment

• Just saying hey - I'm new here and new to primal(as in I just got Mark's book and started a few days ago)
      *Waves*

Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes, small amounts of half & half or heavy cream in my coffee, occasional bits of hard cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both, 2 or 3 cups a day total

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been struggling with weight since the age of 22 ( my first pregnancy) and no other method i've tried has gotten me below 200lbs or kept weight off long term.

Favorite exercise: Walking, biking when I feel up to it.

Favorite Primal food: I love a good steak!

Best part about being Primal: I love pretty much all primal foods

Worst part about being Primal: I have a bit of a psychological attachment to breads & white potatoes.

I'm 49 yr old female - as a child, through my teens and early 20's I was quite athletic and muscular, enjoyed hiking, biking, swimming and a variety of sports, from racquetball to ice hockey. During and after my first pregnancy, it was like my metabolism just became super sluggish and I've been struggling since.

Here's what I've tried:

Pritikin
      Atkins
      ovo lacto-vegetarianism(with tons of grains of course)
      Zone
      juice fasts
      calorie counting
      outrageous cardio exercise programs
      and i could go on and on.

Obviously... I need help.

My starting weight: 269
      Current weight: 266
      My goal weight: ~145 to 160, whatever feels best
      Height 5'5"

So far, so good. The extreme cravings I have had for years(and which have recently intensified) seem to be abating. I have yet to really incorporate exercise other than a few short walks, but that's my next step..wish me luck!

Comment

• Hey everyone,

my name is Beau, been reading this website for about a week. Found out about Primal/Paleo all of a week ago, big life changes happening, needed to talk with others about all of this! Thankyou Mark and thankyou everyone for being here!

Your location: I live in Queensland, Australia. (Any other Aussies here?)

Age (If you want): I am 35, 36 in a two months.

How Primal are you: Um, don't know. Still learning. It's been a week!

Do you consume dairy: No. Don't want to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hate coffee, love tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of trying so hard to feel healthy/lose weight and it not working, need to try something different!

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: I feel good already. Will keep you updated.

Worst part about being Primal: Um. I am an emotional eater....so that will be interesting.

I actually found out about Primal/Paleo from a woman author/raw foodist/chef who wasn't feeling right and started eating eggs and she was getting a lot of flack for it from the raw food community, someone was blasting off about Paleo, so I searched that shit up! And here I am! hahaha! (are we allowed to swear? Coz I do )

Here is a link to my beginning journey, http://beaubutterfly3.wordpress.com/ I have started a blog and will start a journal here too maybe.

loadsa love!
        Beau (a woman, by the way
        Last edited by beaubutterfly; 03-31-2013, 06:00 PM. Reason: forgot to add link

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubutterfly View Post
          Hey everyone,

my name is Beau, been reading this website for about a week. Found out about Primal/Paleo all of a week ago, big life changes happening, needed to talk with others about all of this! Thankyou Mark and thankyou everyone for being here!

Your location: I live in Queensland, Australia. (Any other Aussies here?)

Age (If you want): I am 35, 36 in a two months.

How Primal are you: Um, don't know. Still learning. It's been a week!

Do you consume dairy: No. Don't want to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hate coffee, love tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of trying so hard to feel healthy/lose weight and it not working, need to try something different!

Favorite exercise: Dancing

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: I feel good already. Will keep you updated.

Worst part about being Primal: Um. I am an emotional eater....so that will be interesting.

I actually found out about Primal/Paleo from a woman author/raw foodist/chef who wasn't feeling right and started eating eggs and she was getting a lot of flack for it from the raw food community, someone was blasting off about Paleo, so I searched that shit up! And here I am! hahaha! (are we allowed to swear? Coz I do )

Here is a link to my beginning journey, Beau Getting Her Life in Order | This should be funny. Maybe sometimes sad, sometimes joyous, maybe even sometimes inspiring! I have started a blog and will start a journal here too maybe.

loadsa love!
          Beau (a woman, by the way
          Welcome, Beau. I'm glad but not surprised that you are feeling better already. AFter nine months on this plan I can tell you from experience I have found it ideal for weight loss and health gains, all with eating plenty of delicious food and not counting calories. From another tea drinker Down Under.
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• On the right path

Your location: Pennsylvania, US

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: yes, cream in coffee sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Realized how very out of shape I was when preparing for, and during, a recent birdwatching/hiking trip. Read "The Paleo Diet" on the flight home and there's been no turning back.

Favorite exercise: Recumbent bike, doing sprints on the bike because my knees aren't up for running yet

Favorite Primal food: Steak, spinach

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy

Worst part about being Primal: Socializing. So many events that I attend involve eating CW foods. Navigating these is going to be a challenge.

Comment

• Hello, Everyone New here and just started being primal today. I watch a spin off documentary called "Fat Head" and then I started to research insulin and body fat. That lead me to this site so I've decided to give it a go.

Your location: I'm orginally from the caribbean, but I currently live in Miami, Florida reminds me of home great beaches.

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just started today decided to give it a go. =)

Do you consume dairy: Right now I still drink milk but trying to stay away from it that and cheese too.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm a big tea drinker. Its big in Jamaica, where I'm from. We use to be a British Colony.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight Gain.

Favorite exercise: Cycling I do alot of that at my job. Its crazy I still got big eventhough I get that much workout but now I know why.

Favorite Primal food: I'll have to say Curry Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet just started will have to get back to this question.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure about this neighter.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 100%, decided this was the path I wanted to take, and cleaned out the house and stocked it with all good stuff. No processed foods, no Dairy, no grains. Nothing!

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: There is a limit to how far I can go. I must have my coffee and Tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: In the course of 6 months I was promoted, quit smoking, and had a friend tell me I looked like I was gaining weight. The promotion means almost no physical labor anymore. after 12 years of being a construction worker to now having 23 years left of being a supervisor, I had to make a change in my life. I don't want to be 500lbs and die a week after retiring (if I would have made it that far). Quitting smoking added to the weight gain, and being called out on it flipped a switch in my head. I have to change. I have to lose this weight, build my strength and start living life to the fullest!

Favorite exercise: I really enjoy walking and bike riding. I shoot Compeititon pistol, and Multigun, which involve a lot of running ad shooting. I'm hoping to improve my skills as part of this lifestyle change.

Favorite Primal food:Meat! I'm not picky, I like food. Bacon is a large plus, and so are brussel sprouts.

Best part about being Primal:knowing that I can still eat, and still be healthy. Knowing that the further along I get, the better I will feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up real Pizza there is just no grain free, dairy free way to reproduce it.

Comment

• Awesome to meet you Annie I'll be checking out your links

Comment

• Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Starting again. 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Knee relief and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak, Brussels Sprouts

Best part about being Primal: My knees don't hurt.

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations can be difficult.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

How Primal Am I: Pretty darn primal if you ask me, probably more restrictive than primal actually... Ha!
                      Do I consume dairy: HECK NO!
                      Do I drink coffee/tea: Yes (Nothing added to either)
                      Motivator to Switch to Primal: My Mother!
                      Favorite Exercise: Pilates & the Elliptical
                      Favorite Primal Food: Salmon Belly & Salmon Skin (Fish Bacon baby!)
                      Best Part About Being Primal: How happy I always AM! Always smiling!
                      Worst Part About Being Primal: Not a damn thing!

Comment

• Just dropping in to say the obligatory "Hi there!"

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: I live in a house, drive a car and wear clothes! How primal can I be?!?! LOL j/k.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - cream and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hell yeah! I'd be a cranky bitch without my coffee!!!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lost over 40lbs in the last year by eating very low carb. Found that I tend to gravitate towards eating more primal because I'm avoiding as much processed food as I can. However, I do indulge in a little dairy, and the occasional gin and tonic.

Favorite exercise: Walking and sex.

Favorite Primal food: Meat and bacon. And bacon....... Is that primal?!?!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling like I'm filled to the brim with chemicals and crap.

Worst part about being Primal: The thought that in order to completely immerse myself in this way of life, I will have to give up my dairy and my gin. :-( YIKES!!!

Comment

• haha! sex! yes definitely, shoulda put that on mine

Comment

• Your location: Jacksonville, FL

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Day 1

Do you consume dairy: Not today

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being overweight and tired.

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Don't know

Best part about being Primal: Don't know

Worst part about being Primal: The unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by beaubutterfly View Post
                              haha! sex! yes definitely, shoulda put that on mine

Yeah, my husband loves to ask me: "Are we exercising tonight?!?!" LMAO

Comment

• Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 37 (I'm not old)

How Primal are you: 50%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is absolute must.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and better lifestyle

Favorite exercise: biking, rowing, yoga, walking, lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Artichoke with lemon and butter

Best part about being Primal: Feel good and never feel too full.

Worst part about being Primal: Never feel full and sugar addiction/withdrawl.

Cheers,
                                ReNae
                                Last edited by denali; 04-03-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X