X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Today is my first day on this forum!
    Do you consume dairy: Yes! the fatter, the purer the better!

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes! Tea, coffee, water and Kombucha are my only fluids

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and wellness and to take my wheat-free, sugar-free lifestyle further

Favorite exercise: my own program; BodyHugs; a program I created to incorporate all of my favs; ballet; pilates and core strenthtraining!

Favorite Primal food:Lamb and any high purine meats; I am truly a carnivore!

Best part about being Primal: if it's anything like the wheat-free, sugar-free journey I began just over one year ago, I will appreciate the calm and coolness of my life; no more emotion and physical surges.

Worst part about being Primal: falling into the old habits!

Comment

• Your location:
      Saint Louis, Missouri, USA

How Primal are you:
      I've been knowledgeable of low-carb lifestyles for several years. I've gotten what I'd call "seriously primal" in the last 50 days.

Do you consume dairy:
      Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea:
      2-3 cups of coffee per day w/non-dairy creamer and Splenda

Motivator for switching to Primal:
      The incredible amount of energy I seem to have while operating on very little food.

Favorite exercise:
      2-hand kettlebell swing

Favorite Primal food:
      Chicken, bacon a close second

Best part about being Primal:
      Everyone at the grocery store thinks I am "eating good".

Worst part about being Primal:
      Letting go of my non-primal life was harder than I thought. Much harder. In fact, I could only compare it to suicide, in some regard.

Comment

How Primal are you: 80% or so. Have done a few "30 day" paleo challenges, and now want to stay on the wagon for much longer

Do you consume dairy: occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, around 2 cups black daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to get healthy, boyfriend is a huge motivator also

Favorite exercise: body weight exercises: squats, lunges, pushups

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: feeling better on the inside and looking better on the outside

Worst part about being Primal: being Primal in Iowa, too cold to play outside!

Comment

• Hey everyone!

Your location: Lombard, IL (originally from Minnesota)

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Probably now at the 75%-80% range. I had dabbled in it for a while, thinking I knew what I was doing from reading Mark's blog, but finally bought the book and was quickly sold.

Do you consume dairy:Yes, yogurts and heavy cream with the coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: My greatest weakness is an iced sugary breakfast drink from my local coffee shop (mocha, latte, americano's-- I'd drink it all). Finally cut them out about a month ago. Now it's my favorite rare treat, I've had one in about a month.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My waistline finally got out of control, and I found that I liked eating like this by doing it on a part-time basis.

Favorite exercise: Swimming! I was a high school swimmer, but was never as fast as I would have liked. My goal is to increase my swim sprint times to faster than I could do at a Varsity level eating garbage and not working on strength.

Favorite Primal food: Once I am done with school and have a decent job, I will be eating bison regularly. I love it, it's just a bit pricey around here.

Best part about being Primal: Fasting! I love eating one large meal at night and then making it to the next day to chow down on a feast. Can't even hope to do that as a vegan/SAD eater!

Worst part about being Primal: It's hard to be primal without eating pork. I love the taste of pork, but I grew up helping neighbors butcher their swine and even on a small farm, the process is pretty brutal. Trying to cut out all pork products is a near-term goal of mine.

Comment

• Your location:
            Great Nation of Texas! Dallas, baby!

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 50%-75% I just picked up the book and I'm enjoying all the information. I've been following MDA and tryin to go primal for the last few months. I've now had grains and dairy (except for cheese, all-nat, high fat) cut out for the past 2 1/2 weeks. I have cheated on 2 meals. Breakfast crepe and a few slices of pizza (barely ate half the crust) I'm working towards a 85%-99% primal goal! Bringing my GF along for the ride.

Do you consume dairy:Only high fat All naturaul cheese. Maybe a lil yogurt ina fruit smookthie every once in a long while,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffe, Semi daily. Usually black but sometimes I like to candy it up (rarely)

Motivator for switching to Primal: The idea that our health depends on what we consume. Grok had the best health because he consumed the correct things. Longevity, energy, rejection of the SAD lifestyle and the general new american way are all reasons I want to get more GROK! Simplicity!

Favorite exercise: Pullups and push ups at home.

Favorite Primal food: LEAVES with everything! But the grassfed farmraised beef and cagefree vegen chicks and eggs are AWESOME!!! Make me feel so good!

Best part about being Primal: The new energy and peace of mind knowing I'm investing in one of the most important things my body. Also cheese, wine and 90% Cocoa.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up cookies and cake. But it's not so bad when you learn to love Walnuts and Cocanut shavings.

Comment

• Your location:
              Great Nation of Texas! Houston, baby!

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: i'm not too primal. im a long distance runner so i eat lots & lots of carbs. i should start eating better.

Do you consume dairy:sometimes. usually soy milk. is soy milk primal? probably not.

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee, sometimes unsweetened tea with meals. usually water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i like the primal-ness i get from running, just raw man vs himself type stuff. i like bodyweight & kettlebell exercises. id like to clean up my diet

Favorite exercise: running, kettlebells, pullups, running.

Favorite Primal food: meat, raw spinach?

Best part about being Primal: makes me feel strong

Worst part about being Primal: i dont know yet...

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Buffalo NY

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have about 70-80 pounds to lose but mostly I'm hoping losing the weight and balancing my hormones can help with my infertility

Favorite exercise: Elliptical

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully that my body will start burning all the excess fat

Worst part about being Primal: Its expensive

Comment

• Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Not at all currently

Do you consume dairy: Some

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am at my highest weight (about 35 lbs over my "ideal" weight) and I would like to combat anxiety in a healthy way.

Favorite exercise: Walking, lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: I would like to find out!

Worst part about being Primal: We'll see.

Comment

• Your location: Michigan, US
                    Age (If you want): 31
                    How Primal are you: Not at all
                    Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee
                    Motivator for switching to Primal: Health
                    Favorite exercise: Jogging
                    Favorite Primal food: Not sure. I love hamburger, and buy organic, but don't think it's grass-fed?
                    Best part about being Primal: Health
                    Worst part about being Primal: Bread

Comment

• Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: average 80%. 98% most of the time with some non-organic/grass fed meat (free range at least) but plan to start ordering online soon. I also eat some non-primal at social gatherings once or twice a month and when travelling.

Do you consume dairy: No. I'm allergic so Primal minus dairy is great for me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: not usually, chamomile or mint occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Husband's PT challenged him to "get ripped" and suggested paleo with a few non-paleo additions (oats on workout days) to reduce his body fat. He had too many q's about the eating plan that his PT couldn't answer so I read everything I could find and got hooked immediately. I have lots of fat to lose, have hated every diet and exercise plan I've ever tried (many!) and saw immediately that I could do this and even perhaps enjoy it!

Favorite exercise: Barefoot sprints on grass. If anyone had told me I would enjoy running in my 40's (or 30's or 20's) I would have laughed my head off at the remote likelihood of that ever happening. I am actually laughing now, but with glee!

Favorite Primal food: Egg-banana pancakes, but my husband has come up with many delicious ways to cook chicken thigh fillets too.

Best part about being Primal: Eating as much as I want and not getting fatter! Not being hungry all the time. Having energy. Wanting to exercise! (Sorry, I am still having trouble getting my head around this wanting to exercise thing... I can't quite believe it.) A big one is the lack of cravings for everything I shouldn't eat, never had that before.

Worst part about being Primal: Convincing myself it's okay to eat pizza at that one party where that's all there was on offer...

Comment

• Your location: Phoenix

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Primal / Paleo about 90% of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Heavy organic grass fed non-ultra-pasteurized cream with my coffee, full fat Greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Coffee daily, tea sometimes. Both with heavy cream (always).

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, longevity, weight control.

Favorite exercise: Favorite EXERCISE: spinning and bicycling, walking. Favorite FUN sport/exercise: Snow skiing.

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed rib eye or New York strip steak, broccoli with butter.

Best part about being Primal: Feel like I "belong" on this lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: None.

Comment

• Your location: Hartford, CT

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you:

Mostly primal, but Iím also very proud of my polish traditions so I eat some traditional food every now and then (think pierogies)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only fermented dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely

I donít remember how, but I just came across this site and started reading some articles. After reading a lot on this site and from other sites too, and judging it from my anatomy and medical classes, the primal blueprint makes so much more sense biologically than conventional wisdom. The only reason I could think of for not switching was because I was afraid of change and that is no excuse.

Favorite exercise:

I love doing pull ups. I donít know of a better word for it, but I just feel powerful when I pull myself up higher than normal.

Favorite Primal food:

A nice grass-fed steak right next to fried mushrooms still dripping in butter. Either that or bacon.

A night and day difference with my energy levels, and being able to have such great tasting food all the time.

I still live with my parents and they donít approve of how I eat...

Comment

• Your location: UkK

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you:

Mostly primal, occasional straying towards gluten free baked snack items and potatoes fries.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Drifted towards primal, from low GI. Read loads books about the evils of sugar/ wheat, processed low fat snack items and it all made sense once I read primal blueprint !

I also now know I'm slightly intolerant to wheat as I get bad stomach aches if I eat a roll or sweet cake. The very small amounts in gravy etc don't bother me.

Favorite exercise:

I love going to kettlercise classes - kettle bell work outs

Favorite Primal food:

A nice steak and large mixed salad or veggies in butter

I don't feel so "sleepy" and don't start dropping off to sleep during the day.

Actually not much.. But My "head" hunger for non paleo items doesn't help!

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea, black coffee very rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, Fitness, Lose weight, LGN.

Favorite exercise: Pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: Rump Steak Medium Rare.

Best part about being Primal: Energy, Sleep, Stress-Free living.

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing people who are stuck in their CW.

Comment

• Hi, to answer those questions
                                - I've basically been on and off primal for about 6 years now, I would say I've been about 70/30 the last 6 months.
                                - Yes, but not much. hard cheese and full fat cream are about my only vices in that regard.
                                - Yes, both.
                                - Good health (and all its connotations)
                                - Sprinting and lifting (dead lifts esp.)
                                - BBQ steak and onion; bacon and eggs (classic.) and avocadoes (for any occasion!)
                                - The way it makes you feel - so much energy, mental clarity, control, fitness etc.
                                - It's difficult to maintain when there is so much bull***t propaganda and brain washing out there, especially when you're trying at it without the support of those around you.

Comment

Working...
                                X