Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Hilliard, OH (suburb of Columbus)

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Started Jan 1 and still learning

Do you consume dairy: yes, but I don't drink milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: don't drink either

Motivator for switching to Primal: nothing else was working so I thought, what the hell, why not

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: eating this way doesn't seem restrictive

Worst part about being Primal: not having some great smelling baked goods (a weakness of mine)

Comment

• Your location: San Diego

How Primal are you: about 80% (more strictly low carb at this point)

Do you consume dairy: yes -heavy cream with 3x week decaf coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea every morning, decaf coffee several times /week

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: tie between back squat and yoga

Favorite Primal food: thee way tie between beef, caulflour and most pork products

Best part about being Primal: just feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: no pasta and potatoes

Great site ...looking forward to further exploration and participation...

Comment

• I'm located in Christiansburg, Virginia
        I'm 43 years old
        I'm extremely primal due to food allergies that are accompanied by hypothyroidism.
        One of my allergies is dairy, so no, I'm not consuming that right now.
        I am gluten intolerant
        Grain intolerant
        I also have hypoglycemia due to the hypothyroid so I avoid fruits and starchy tubers all together and I eat the lowest glycemic of the vegetables.
        I don't eat vegetables of the nightshade variety
        I don't drink coffee, my thyroid wouldn't allow me. I drink mostly flat water. Occasionally I will have herbal tea and sparkling water.
        The only nut I eat is the macadamia.
        I'm too tired to exercise most days.
        I LOVE fat.
        After reading previous posts, realized I haven't been sick either since I started eating this way.
        There isn't a worst part. I don't have attachments to foods like normal people do. I'm ok with eating this way.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I eat as much within the primal food options as I want. As I am new to this lifestyle I can't commit to a percentage just now.

Do you consume dairy: minimal dairy - butter, the occasional greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My sister in law! Who in just over a year has lost a significant amount of body fat, balanced her moods and has virtually eliminated her anxiety. She encouraged me to try it, and after reading/researching about this lifestyle, it just made sense.

Favorite exercise: Walking / kettle bell work outs / playing with my nephews

Favorite Primal food: Meat, meat, meat! I have been on many calorie restrictive diets in the past, so I'm so glad that protein is becoming a staple in my eating habits.

Best part about being Primal: No longer a slave to calorie counting, measuring and weighing food.

Worst part about being Primal: Telling people about my lifestyle change and having them lecture me about how wrong I am...whoa boy do they have a lot to learn. Aside from that, nothing so far

Comment

• Your location:Melbourne, Australia, but originally from Ireland
            Age (If you want):34
            How Primal are you: I'm pretty primal but I'm indulgent the odd time. I try to stay away from grains at all costs though.
            Do you consume dairy:Yes. Cheese please
            Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee with wholemilk
            Motivator for switching to Primal: to feel good and look great
            Favorite exercise: none. Don't like that bit
            Favorite Primal food:meat. All kinds
            Best part about being Primal: not being bloated and I'm never hungry. Using animal fats. Yum
            Worst part about being Primal: severely sitting my potato intake

Comment

• Upstate New York

I'm 29

Today is my first attempt at Primal although I have been thinking about it for a while now.

I want to try and cut Dairy because I have PCOS and read that dairy can aggravate the symtpoms

I cut out all tea and coffee 6 months ago

I want to lose weight, gain energy, and control my CONSTANT sugar/carb cravings

I dont exercise at the moment

I don't know what my favorite food is yet

I am new so I don't know what the BEST and WORST is yet.....although I can say any lifestyle that doesn't include cupcakes may be a challnge for me heh heh

Comment

• Your location: Pasadena, Maryland

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: I have only been doing this for about a week - as far as diet - I have been 95%. Exercise is about 50% as I have a hard date to lose a certain amount of weight - so I am doing more than prescribed for now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - but I don't care for milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - both. A cup of coffee in the morning and green tea - not every day, but several times per week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Frustration with health issues and not losing weight

Favorite exercise: Anything fo rmy shoulders because they show progress the quickest - but in general - free weights is my favorite thing to do in the gym. I detest cardio!

Favorite Primal food: Hmm - that is tough. I am not a meat eater, so I would say the big ass salad

Best part about being Primal: With the exception of having a touch of the "carb flu" in general I already feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: I don't have a worst yet. Only complaint would be the sluggish tired feeling but since I know that is temporary and is actually my body doing what it needs to do - I can't really even call that a complaint.

Comment

• Your location: Carrollton, TX
                  Age (If you want): 42
                  How Primal are you: 95% (we have Indian food once every two weeks)
                  Do you consume dairy: No
                  Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I like black, chai and green teas
                  Motivator for switching to Primal: The 105 pounds I have to lose and sick to freaking death of feeling awful!
                  Favorite exercise: Biking and Hiking
                  Favorite Primal food: I love fresh fruits and veggies and some chicken
                  Best part about being Primal: I am starting to feel a little better, I have only been doing this almost a week.
                  Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far!

Comment

• Howdy! I'm a new member to the Forum and Paleo in general. I'm really looking forward to becoming more involved.

The Questions:

How do I get more involved?

Your location: Washington D.C.

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Just started the 21-Day transformation (Day 3)

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally, but will abstain for at least the 21-day 'transformation' period.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and Yes ... no milk or sugar .... ever

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a classic metabolic syndrom, pre-diabetic, ex-heavy drinker, gout stricken, formerly very active, 43 year old male that wants to change the way I feel and the way I look

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: I'm a newbie ... but so far it's the Moroccan Chicken w/ Cauliflower Rice

Best part about being Primal: I'm a scientist, and to me it is the convergence of several diet plans and ways of life that makes simple sense.

Worst part about being Primal: I LOVE sorbet ... I'm not a big dessert eater, but the Sorbet is my weak point. I can inhale 1/2 a pint (or more) very easily after a meal.

Comment

• Nice to 'meet' you .... I'm within my first week too. Just posted an intro.

Be well!
                      Matt

Comment

• ANOTHER Welcome Committee Guy =)

Hey guys. My name's Joe. I am a 26 year old guy getting ready to start a health and wellness consultation business.

How Primal?: Currently; very primal. I don't eat grains except very rarely some sushi or some homemade salsa with organic blue corn chips

Dairy?: I consume raw butter. That's all for the moment

Coffee or Tea?: I drink green tea sometimes in the winter. No coffee

Motivator?: Improving my health

Favorite Exercise?: Chair push ups.

Favorite Primal Food?: Tough one. Switches day to day and season to season. Currently? Toss up between Warmed salmon sashimi with coconut or olive oil, and rare juicy lamb slow-heated in my oven on low heat.

Best part about primal?: Health benefits, connection with ancestors and nature, the earth, etc.

Worst part?: Social explanations, turning down "normal" things, sometimes time or money intensive, etc

That's it for me guys =) I love living a full life and honoring the food that we have always eaten on this planet.

-Joe

Comment

• HI, everybody, Iím newbie hereÖI just joined this community to get & share some more info about health and fitness with you all. I hope you will help in my future queries.
                          Thanks to you all!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Warrington, England

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: probably 85% if you allow for not eating grass fed animals (down to cost) albeit I buy best quality I can. I try and ensure every breakfast, lunch and meal is either primal or 90%. I don't eat bread although I did bite a nan bread from the Indian restaurant last week......quickly stopped though. Stopped eating pasta 12 months ago and rice is now very rare. Not had a bowl of cereal for 12 months either.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love eggs and cheese, although I have cut the latter down significantly

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, black, coffee is no more than 4 cups a week, tea is Redbush and its caffeine free. Both are organic.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I watched a friend die of cancer nearly 2 years ago. He was too young and it frightened the hell out of me. He left a young son and I decided I needed to look hard at what I was doing to myself. I started increasing my fitness and then did things like changing white to brown bread and then to Spelt bread, the went to rice crackers then gave them all up; eating more Quinoa, cutting down on pasta and other carb dishes. I started losing loads of weight and it became noticeable to friends and family. I started at gym and discussed with the trainer that I hated doing long one tempo runs and also disliked weights machines. He introduced me to MDA and I haven't looked back. I have a new exercise regime around the primal movements and I was assessed only last week as having a fitness age of 31, a full 10 years younger than my real age.

Favorite exercise: pull ups although I am pants at them at the moment

Favorite Primal food: eggs and steak

Best part about being Primal: knowing that I've made a positive commitment to myself and my family

Worst part about being Primal: was getting through the initial ketone burning phase

Comment

• Your location: Mexico born and raised in Arizona

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and just getting rid of milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea all kinds of fusions and teas. Hibiscus, black, chamomile, etc.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stopped being a natural primal at about 28 and am now a big fat guy.

Favorite exercise:Swimming or running hard to say

Favorite Primal food: I love eating most animals.

Best part about being Primal: It just feels right

Worst part about being Primal: A lot of little things like nachos and home made bisquits

Comment

• Your location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: just started with paleo diet yesterday, after some 2-3 weeks reading. I've not taken milk and soft drinks for 12 years; candies are rarely consumed; chocolate is a problem; was a vegetarian for 1 year; social drinker; non-smoker; capoeira practitioner for 18 years (although 2 shoulder surgeries have been keeping me from most activities in the last 5 years)

Do you consume dairy: until yesterday, yes: cheese, condensed milk, yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yerba mate tea, from time to time - not since yesterday :-)

Motivator for switching to Primal: because of my shoulder surgeries, I have stood somewhat away from my beloved capoeira in the last 5 years - which lead me from 144 to 169 lb. Now I'm decided to drop these extra pounds.

Favorite exercise: capoeira, running, swimming, lifting

Favorite Primal food: I only learned to like vegetables at 17, but I learned it right - became vegetarian at 18, and stayed there for 1 year (at that time, exactly to drop some weight). Everything about primal food tastes nice to me - my meals until yesterday had everything the primal menu prescribes, except the carbs - but even then, they were not a ton.

Best part about being Primal: I've noticed a small weight drop from yesterday to today: 24 hours without sugar or carbs took 0.5 lb overnight. Ok, maybe it's just an empty bladder of difference, but I want to believe the drop is consistent. I'll take measures everyday to make sure. I still don't have "the energy" described by other users, but again, it's only 30 hours in the diet - no hurry.

Worst part about being Primal: the first 24 hours were hard - I got a sensation of lightheadedness, as if my skull were full of cotton :-) Anyway, the most difficult things to me are: 1) quitting chocolate 2) money - I really don't have enough cash to keep the meat at the base of the pyramid. It'll have to be at the second floor :-)

Best regards,
                                Hilton

Comment

Working...
                                X