Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: east coast of Scotland.

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: hard to put a figure on it, I am a newbie. In my 2nd week. No processed foods, no grains, mostly no sugar...still trying to cut out the tsp in my tea.

Do you consume dairy: yes, I don't seem to have a problem with dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea of all types but no coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: my main motivator is weight loss, I have around 40kg to lose.

Favorite exercise: at the moment walking is pretty much the only exercise I have been doing, looking to add in more of course.

Favorite Primal food: so far I am loving it all. Not missing grains or my old way of eating at all....yet anyway.

Best part about being Primal: I seem to have more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: slightly worried about the cost... single mother with 2 kids on low income.

Comment

• I am a 54 year old living in California
      I have not yet started a Primal lifestyle but am eager to start!
      I do consume dairy
      I drink coffee
      I have decided to go Primal because it makes most sense to me
      my favorite exercise is hiking
      I would like to see if in fact I can train my body to burn fat and not muscle

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): just turned 48

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: I stopped drinking coffee on Jan 1 this year, I drink some herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to help my husband with his quest to see if eating Primal would reduce inflammation he suffers with.

Favorite exercise: walking and squats

Favorite Primal food: Venison

Best part about being Primal: I am satisfied with this way of eating

Worst part about being Primal: going out to dinner with others not eating primal. Oh, and I miss wine!

Comment

• Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Not yet grass-fed or all organic, but otherwise I'm there.

Do you consume dairy: Fage total yogurt, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Couple herbals a day, no sweeteners or dairy

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling tired. Went from a super-athletic and fit person in my early 20s to being sadly trapped in an overweight and chronically painful body in my 30s.

Favorite exercise: Anything I can do with my wife and kids. Mostly enjoy snowboarding and biking, but perhaps my favorite thing is loading the pack and heading off into the woods for multi-day hikes.

Favorite Primal food: BAS w/ steak.

Best part about being Primal: Sustained energy with a great mood while losing weight without effort.

Worst part about being Primal: Festive eating with others can be tricky.
          My blog: Regular Guy Paleo and please feel free to "like" my Facebook page.

Comment

• Hi,

Your location: Cork, Ireland

Age (If you want): Too near 50.

How Primal are you: Just taken my first walk.

Do you consume dairy: mainly cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I've dropped about 10Kg using Atkins + denial, then lately intermittent fasting. I need to drop another couple of kgs and improve my fitness.
            I don't believe most of the Conventional Wisdom and want to learn more about Primal.

Favorite exercise: Gardening, walking

Favorite Primal food: Red meat.

Best part about being Primal: It makes more sense to me, compared to the CW.

Worst part about being Primal: Missing fresh bread

Looking forward to learning and exploring Primal. Regards Joe.

Comment

• Your location: Western Washington

Age (If you want): 30ish

How Primal are you: progressing along

Do you consume dairy: Yes, enough for a few lattes per week. I've been missing cheese, though!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel better when I have avoided grains. That has always meant low-carb ways of eating (Dukan, Adkins, etc) but I always felt something was missing in those paradigms- REAL rather than simulated food, for instance, along with maintaining good carbs in the diet.

Favorite exercise: I love P90x, but afraid I have burned out on it. I'm looking for an equally effective workout plan without quite the time or overuse commitments. I fear that I will just have to augment the regimen myself, as I am skeptical as to what could be as effective for me.

Favorite Primal food: I'm a foodie, so this is tough to narrow down. I love all the stuff I have avoided most of my life- bacon comes to mind.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling less sluggish. I find that grains have apparently compounded the issues of living in the Seattle area in the winter with so little sunshine and lots of rain and bone-chilling cold. I'm glad to be getting some energy back before July when summer starts here.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found it yet. I'm just hopeful for a trimming of my body fat % again. Looks like I'm doing the right stuff, and I'm appreciative for all the feedback in the forums!

Comment

• Name: Mikki

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you:Haven't started yet. I'm currently gluten free, nightshade free and partially dairy free.

Do you consume dairy: Some cheeses only

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a lot of health issues. I have autoimmune hashimotos. I have leaky gut and I'm tired of it. I really want to be healthier.

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: Well, I guess it's the same as going gluten free and nightshade free. I can't just walk into a restaurant or anywhere really without knowing every ingredient before eating.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Been a "clean" eater for years.....Primal for 3 weeks

Do you consume dairy: Nope and if I do it's a splash of half n half

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Always looking to be the best me I can be. Got a little junk in the trunk that I'd like to effortlessly melt away. Last spring I did Jamie Eason live fit trainer.......TORTURE.........I did get incredible results but there is no way I could live that way long term.

Favorite exercise: It's a tie between lifting and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Eating a lot of healthy fat

Worst part about being Primal: Keeping myself out of the almond butter jar

Comment

• Your location: Fremont, CA

Age (If you want): Just turned 40!

How Primal are you: Partial, considering adding red meat and animal fat. I end up eating carbs once a day.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I have switched to grass-fed milk, yogurt, kefir, and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: I make my own chai when at home (once during the weekend) with lots of ginger and black tea and milk. No sugar. At work, sometimes I am tempted to have one cup of coffee/day +H&H + sugar. But since starting to eat primal, I am losing the coffee craving. I have it more out of habit or without thinking head to the espresso machine....I now ask myself, if I truly will enjoy this cup of coffee and have one if the answer is a resounding yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I realized I included SAD only when I moved to the US. Within 3 years of SAD, I was depressed, low energy, 30-40 lbs heavier, and generally dissatisfied with life and not making any real progress in any spheres of life. I needed to get SAD out of my life. For good. When I recently turned 40, I started asking myself some tough questions. I HAD to take control of my life and the gene argument - that not much has changed in the human genes - clinched the primal deal for me. As a single mom (no dad for him), I want to be healthy, happy and full of energy for my 13 year old son. I cannot afford to neglect my health any more and as a parent I need to be more responsible. There was a time when I put everything ME at the end of the priority list thinking I was being a great mom. But now I realize I am far from at my best with this neglect since last 3-4 years.

Favorite exercise: Running. I have this love/hate relationship with it. I am also an AFAA certified group fitness instructor and I teach aerobics classes (Spinning, step, circuit, Bombay Jam) regularly. I also like sports. For most part of my life, i have been active. It's only over the last 3-4 years, I had become a couch potato. When all else fails, I go for a walk at lunch or later. Most times, I use that walk to clear my head. I never listen to music while walking, even when I was not primal. I like to appreciate the sun, the nature, and the birds etc. I just like to be, even if I am not solving any important problems.

Favorite Primal food: boiled eggs. easy to make and carry along.

Best part about being Primal: I smile a lot! I know this sounds ridiculous but when I eat primal, I make a ritual out it. I feel content from within and a smile spreads across my face. Of course, losing 4 lbs since turning partially primal 4 days ago also helps.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating meat! Before stumbling upon PB, I was considering reducing my meat intake. In India, I grew up eating very less meat, working out, and was in a great shape. So this recent weight gain and malaise associated with it, I attributed to eating meat 2-3 times a day. But of course, it was not the healthy portions of meat. It was more burgers and such. So these exactly opposite philosophies - my hypothesis and PB - keep clashing in my mind. Plus, I never really ate red meat before and not sure I want to start now. I will consider it.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Riverside County, CA

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you:Pretty Darn Primal - sometimes I mess up but I always get right back on the Primal wagon.

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea with raw honey and almond milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: promises of better skin, hormonal balance, digestive balance and weight loss

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: feel great

Worst part about being Primal: people asking if "isn't that just like Atkins"?

Comment

• Your location:Brisbane

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: hmmm kind of fell upon paleo and realised I am already almost there so made a few changes to be more paleo for health I guess!

Favorite exercise: Walking at the mo but intend to build in some strength training

Favorite Primal food: cauliflower rice!

Best part about being Primal: knowing others out here are doing what I always thought I was doing alone! I'm not weird after all!

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out at other people's houses!

Comment

• 1. Mumbai , India

2. 30 years old

3. 80 percent Primal . I do consume ice cream and chocolates sometime and other junk foods

4. i used to. Now i dont. Its been over a few months

5. I drink black coffee on waking up in the morning . no sugar no milk.

6. I think Primal living gets you fast , strong and has a lot of health benefits

7. Deadlifts

8. Salmon steak and grilled vegetables

Comment

• Arkansas

52 female

Just started primal five days ago. No processed food, no grains, healthy oils and fats, some dairy in the form of small amounts of kefir and cottage cheese, sometimes greek yogurt. Sour cream and butter on occasion. Organic chicken, unable to get grass fed beef at this point in time so opt for lean cuts mostly. Range free eggs.

Coffee and tea

Motivator is to lose belly fat, lean out and become stronger. Gain some lost muscle mass. Over all healthier lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights, HIIT treadmill, kettlebells. Fishing and hiking.

The fats! And steak.

Best part, my stomach bloating and gas has mostly disappeared in less than five days.

Worst part, brain fog and irritability, hope this passes soon and feeling energetic kicks in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous View Post
                              In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: maryland

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:just started a week ago ...

Do you consume dairy: just butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes ... both

Motivator for switching to Primal: constant stomach pain

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: no stomach psin

Worst part about being Primal:
                              I keep overeating...

Comment

• Your location:New York (long island)

Age):30

How Primal are you:Just started 6 days ago, still doing a lot of reading

Do you consume dairy: Not much, I can easily do without it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A coffee a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal:All the incredible weight loss stories. Ive been pretty active and in good shape for all of my 20s but fell off hard the past year and packed on 60+lbs.

Favorite exercise:Brazilian jiu jitsu.

Favorite Primal food: I dont know yet, but my girlfriend made some kickass coconut chicken.

Best part about being Primal: So far the 12lbs I lost in under a week. And no heartburn or acid reflux this past week.

Worst part about being Primal: hmmm pizza, ice cream etc. But ill gladly give that up to be back to my in shape competition weight.

Definitely seems like a lifestyle I can adjust to. Figured I'd post in here first as im sure ill be asking some questions soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X