X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Your location: The South East of UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Partially. I keep trying to go 100%, but slip up occasionally. Grains and processed foods are out though. Bread, in particular, is a big no-no, simply due to the reaction I have to it.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally, but recently been trying whole 30 which doesn't allow it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. I can't stand coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'd gained a lot of weight and was generally very unhealthy. Someone pointed me in the direction of this site and the more I read, the more sense it made, so I since got the book too and changed my eating habits.

Favorite exercise: 30 day Shred workout (20 mins HIT)

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and/or cashew nuts

Best part about being Primal: Being healthier, and hormones levelled out.

Worst part about being Primal: Putting up with all the 'oh that can't be healthy, you NEED carbs like pasta' comments.

Comment

• Hello all. Excited to be here.

Your location:Houston, TX

Age (If you want):51

How Primal are you:Just getting started, but totally committed.

Do you consume dairy:Cheese,Almond Milk,Whey Isolate

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee black

Motivator for switching to Primal:Tired of dieting, looking for a lifestyle.

Favorite exercise:Cycling

Favorite Primal food:Steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal:Seems like it connects me with the way man was meant to live.

Worst part about being Primal:Might worry if LDL,HDL or Tri's get whacked.

Thanks all.

Comment

• Your location:Ontario, Canada, eh !?

Age (If you want): 53.8

How Primal are you:Except for my day job and grocery store, totally !

Do you consume dairy: only cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee and white or green tea, cutting back on coffee now

Motivator for switching to Primal:Lose fat (around midsection), get rid of nagging problems and some more chronic issues

Favorite exercise: pilates/yoga , and just getting into Mark's activities now.

Favorite Primal food: Meats, fat, veggies, nuts and fruits !

Best part about being Primal: i am starting to eat bacon again ! )

Worst part about being Primal: I really do NOT see a downside right now.
        Last edited by thepak; 02-10-2013, 10:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Your location: Vermont

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: just started so I will need to log some time before I can determine

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: health/weight

Favorite exercise: spinning

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel - clear and alert, healthy and energetic

Worst part about being Primal: I love baguettes!

Comment

• Your location: Texas, USA

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 98% then fell off the wagon when we had a huge stressful event, getting back up and dusting myself off now.

Do you consume dairy: yes, went without, no change, started it back up, no change. so apparently it doesn't effect me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: PCOS and insulin resistance

Favorite exercise: playing chase with my dog (he always wins!)

Favorite Primal food: meat! lol, seriously, especially a good fatty cut, mmmm fat.

Best part about being Primal: the way I feel better in just about every way.

Worst part about being Primal: carb/grain-flu after indulging in the cupcake/pasta/pizza/whatever and then paying for it for a week!
            One step, one decision, and one change at a time leads to a total transformation.

Comment

• Your location: Sacramento, CA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Brand new, but following it pretty strictly at the moment

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, to both (no sugar or cream, though)

Motivator for switching to Primal: trying to maintain weight I lost using the HCG protocol

Favorite exercise: running and playing with my dogs and the dogs I work with at the animal shelter

Favorite Primal food: fat, so nice not to be afraid of it any more

Best part about being Primal: feeling satisfied after eating a reasonable amount

Worst part about being Primal: my grocery bill has gone way up

Comment

• Your location: Brisbane, Australia

Age (If you want): 34 (only just)

How Primal are you: Just getting started and am aiming for 90% primal, but 100% grain free!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee: yes, but cutting back; tea: only green

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose fat without the starvation associated with those other "diets" and to maintain a liveable lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: 2 things: 1) not starving my freaking a$$ off; b) tasty fat!

Worst part about being Primal: sugar withdrawals

Comment

• Your location: New York State

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Considering but have been doing a program that is very similar for awhile now, fell off the wagon for a bit but ready to start again.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, try to only have organic, yogurt, cottage cheese,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health Benefits, Weight Loss, Getting and keeping children and spouse healthy

Favorite exercise: Excercise Bike

Favorite Primal food: Beef, Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Health benefits

Worst part about being Primal: The cost...

Comment

• Hello,
                    i have been reading and promoting marks daily apple for months. i am new and not sure how to navigate this sight very well. i am in alberta, canada and would like to see a thread for canadians to coment on and make suggestions for good places to get meat ect. my daughter is hooked on primal and so are a bunch of her friends. love the friday posts. nice to see people taking charge of their health. keep up the good work everyone

Comment

• Your location: Idaho

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: Food wise 100% (but only for the last couple of days, just started), exercise, not so much

Do you consume dairy: No. Experimenting with cutting it out completely.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, one large cup in the morning with unsweetened almond milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: 1st I cut out wheat/grains, then dairy. I realized I was loosely following Primal/Paleo eating anyway, so I might as well go all the way. Health benefits.

Favorite exercise: Running (with my dog)

Favorite Primal food: Nuts and Salmon

Best part about being Primal: I'm eating so much better and have eliminated the processed food.

Worst part about being Primal: Processed sauces, like mayonnaise, ketchup and bbq sauce. I need to make my own and quit being lazy.
                      My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

• newbie here, setting up my profile... I am a retired nuclear physicist, have lots to share, health conscious, know what works, I am proof...now I am trying to upload a photo... nice to see who you are talking to ...

I am the Sage
                        bb.jpg
                        Last edited by Sage; 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 100% - currently in week 4.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea more than coffee, and even then I go for the low caffeine kinds. I've started drinking decaf coffee purely because I like the taste of the dark brew but don't need the kick.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was the one thing that my wife was excited about, as much as me. Doing it together was the only way.

Favorite exercise: Have completed 3 rounds of Insanity, P90X, Yoga, sprints, stair sprints, 7-10km runs. I'm currently mixing it up with Yoga, stair/sprints, endurance runs and Rushfit for some kick-ass functional fitness.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, sunny side up, with grilled bacon for breakfast.

Best part about being Primal: I eat 3 times a day and I don't feel hungry in between meals. Previously I was very tough on my nutrition, 5 5-6 meals per day, macro/calorie counting, low fat...almost no fat in my diet. It's great to be free of that!

Worst part about being Primal: Friends, family, co-workers giving grief about it. The almost daily temptations of cake, sandwiches, muffins and the like in the kitchen at work.

Comment

• Your location:
                            Minnesota
                            Age (If you want):
                            How Primal are you:
                            I'm just starting out and have adopted a few of the ideas.

Do you consume dairy:
                            Yes, whole milk, butter, and yogurt from grass fed sources.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                            I struggle with coffee, I've quit before and I always feel better. So far my increasingly primal diet has made coffee more of a nuisance as it causes me to get into a carb frenzy.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                            I have struggled with eczema my entire life. My hands have had a constant flare up of eczema for seven years. The flare up on my hands started when I left for college and ate a mostly vegetarian diet . . . hmmm. It all makes sense now. After introducing more fat into my diet my eczema has subsided drastically. Hooray!

Favorite exercise:
                            My favorite exercise is rock climbing, sort of primal, except for the ropes.

Favorite Primal food:
                            Meat and fat as nature intended.

Best part about being Primal:
                            Finally seeing my eczema subside.

Not being a vegetarian anymore, talk about brain fog.

Worst part about being Primal:
                            Haven't been primal long enough, just figuring all this stuff out. This way of living makes so much sense it makes me crazy that I didn't find this community earlier.

Comment

• Your location:
                              Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                              Still new to this and feeling my way. No grains, but legumes still form part of my diet.

Do you consume dairy:
                              Yogurt, cheese, butter but not milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                              Max two black coffees a day; green or nettle tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                              I recognised that bloated feeling from a Christmas of excess pastry, cake, etc etc. Not good.

Favorite exercise:
                              Racket sports, lots of walking, free weights, yoga... love it all.

Favorite Primal food:
                              Too many to name!

Best part about being Primal:
                              Loads: feeling so much better in my gut, dry skin gone, no mid-afternoon dip in energy...

Worst part about being Primal:
                              Still too early to say - probably turning down the office cakes... Also bread-eating, potato munching, cake-loving hubby is sceptical - would be nice to get him on side!

Comment

• Your location: Savannah, GA

How Primal are you: Just beginning.

Do you consume dairy: None at the moment.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic IBS, depression, autoimmune problems in family.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: A tender steak or BBQ pork.

Best part about being Primal: Having a lifestyle to be well and not just a "diet".

Worst part about being Primal: Sugar and grain cravings!

Comment

Working...
                                X