X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Eastern Europe, Bucharest, Romania

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Just started out, 2 weeks ago, feeling better and better
    I have to get 95% primal, it's a worthy and healthy lifestyle!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, i have to - milk is needed for my protein intake, trying to find grass-fed one / usually buying raw and boiling it pre-drinking it ; also usually eating cottage cheese and parmessan / mozzarella once a month

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both, a lot

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health is wealth + getting the ripped & lean look (too young to be fat and slow), started out martial arts training, where physique plays a great deal of importance ; the self-motiving aspect, better self-esteem, better overall feel, better everything

Favorite exercise: Weight-lifting related / Bench-Press / Inverse Crunches / Prone Bridge / Sprints / Jumping / Martial Arts / many more

Favorite Primal food: Turkey breast / Tuna / Salmon / Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The food choice, the need to envolve both mentally and physically and remain fit

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of grain is hard to acknowledge and understand at the beginning, yet....the greatest motivator is the TARGET of this lifestyle which is - overall health & joy, therefore there's really not a "worst part"
    I used to miss sodas like Coca-Cola, but never more!
    Last edited by alexpanait; 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM.
    "...Primal or not primal - that is the question!"

------------------------------------
    Starting weight 85kg, 22% bodyfat (December 2012)
    Current weight 78kg, 15% bodyfat (March 2013)
    Desired weight 83-84kg , 7-8% bodyfat (May 2014 or sooner)

Comment

• Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 22 (23 in June 2013)

How Primal are you: Not as primal as I could be.

Do you consume dairy: Of course, only whole milk and high fat organic yogurt and some cheeses (not often though)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No tea, coffee only when I have to get up really early.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I watched too many people, including my grandma, eat themselves to death.

Favorite exercise: climbing trees, running through fields/hills, hiking, and yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, bacon, avocados, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, almonds, bananas, mangoes, strawberries, spinach, uh....I could go on for days....

Best part about being Primal: I don't have to stave myself and I can eat whatever I want.

Worst part about being Primal: I live in a cold and rainy climate and I can't stand rain or cold so it's hard for me to get motivated to go outside.

Comment

• Your location: Minneapolis, MN

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 100% at the moment

Do you consume dairy:Yes, some butter from time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: The basic reasons for being Primal make a lot of sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Anything using my own body weight.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, steak, and more steak!

Best part about being Primal: I no longer have heartburn on a regular basis and I sleep like a rock.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find sunlight in Minneapolis during the winter.

Comment

• Hello!
          The questions:

How Primal Are You: Not at all, about to give it a shot.

Do You Consume Dairy: Yep

Coffee or Tea: Both

Motivation: Have lurked on this site for a while researching. My husband's stomach problems have gotten worse, so as I'm the cook I'm having having him try the 21 day plan to see if it helps. It's only fair if I do it with him.

Favorite exercise: Me, Krav Maga. Him, mountain bikes.

Favorite primal food: Don't know yet.

Comment

• Hey all,
            Though I've been hearing about it for months now, I just started the partially Primal lifestyle thanks to my husband. I didn't really believe in diets until I saw how great he looked after a few months of being Primal.
            Below are the answers to my questions:

Your location: Toronto

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Partially Primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea - black

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband

Favorite exercise: I go to the gym 4 times a week and will never leave until i've done planks and squats - both my personal fav. I also do Yoga every morning.

Favorite Primal food: Cauliflower Mash; Kale chips

Best part about being Primal: Feeling fresh, energetic and light

Worst part about being Primal: The feeling you get after you've had a cheat day; Eating out.

Comment

• Your location: northern WI

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: one day in!

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, feeling "better"

Favorite exercise: walking, hiking, biking, xc skiing

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Your location: Sonoma County, California

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I am still new to this but it seems I have already implemented a lot already.

Do you consume dairy: Greek Yogurt- FAGE - & Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I once was very unhealthy. 3 years ago I started making changes in what I eat and how I live. Now I feel so much better that I am never going back.

Favorite exercise: Warm weather exercise such as hiking, canoeing, anything outdoors. In the winter I will use a treadmill or go to Zumba type classes.

Favorite Primal food: Steak & Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I feel good

Worst part about being Primal: Figuring out what to eat at a Mexican or Italian Restaurant. Also, when I am at a social gathering at a Pizza parlor.

Comment

• Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Pretty dang primal, I'd say 90-95%

Do you consume dairy: I'll have a serving of full fat cheese maybe once per week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Persistent belly fat and weight yo-yoing despite years of regular exercise. I couldn't stick with my "diets" because I treated sweets and processed junk as a reward. So when I gave them up to diet, I felt like I was majorly depriving myself. Plus I drank a couple beers every night.

Favorite exercise: Zumba (I'm an instructor). I know many here will say no cardio, but I consider Zumba my play as well as exercise. It is an interval workout, so some songs are low intensity (similar to fast walking) and some are very high (like sprinting). At least that's how I see it. Feel free to put me in my place! I love it, so it's great for relieving stress and there is a huge community aspect. All very Primal things. I def. need to add weight training. I do most of my body weight exercises in Pilates class (planks, push-ups, side planks).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon =)

Best part about being Primal: Peace of mind knowing I am not feeding my body poison every day.

Worst part about being Primal: Annoying naysayers.

Comment

• Your location: Perth, Western Australia

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Not started being Primal yet, busy gathering information on how to be Primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes, low fat milk (only in tea) and cheese on sandwitches and other dishes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Loose weight and improve my health

Favorite exercise: I don't like excersize, but walking is OK

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Don't need to excersize myself half to death in order to loose weight from what I understand

Worst part about being Primal: I have to excersize

Comment

• Your location: Atlanta, Georgia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Between 40-60% depending on the day

Do you consume dairy: Yes,

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, but have been decreasing it for awhile so around two times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Honoring my body and changing my family's legacy when it comes to food with nutrition that was meant for the body (A 6-pack wouldn't hurt, though!)

Favorite exercise: Plank

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Less stress

Worst part about being Primal: Did I just see a doughnut in my dreams?

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: not very I think. I'm trying, but I seem to be eating too much processed meat, in an effort to keep the cost down. I want to be Primal, but I am struggling at the moment. It's only been 3 weeks.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, way too much probably. I have a full fat milky coffee in the morning, and I snack on Cheddar all day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I mostly drink green tea or peppermint tea, with a coffee in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to help my husband get healthy, as he is older than me, has a big belly and high blood pressure and always seems under the weather/ unwell. If I can lose weight and look great as well, even better!

Favorite exercise: hmmmmm. don't do a lot at the moment. Normally crunches are my favourite.

Favorite Primal food: I eat mostly eggs. (cheap) I need to experiment with more types of meat and fish.

Best part about being Primal: I am looking forward to being lean, and having thicker, stronger hair!

Worst part about being Primal: The cost!!

Comment

• Your location: St. Louis, MO

How Primal are you: Definitely eliminated wheat from my diet... trying to go full primal

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Co-worker challenge... and reading "Wheat Belly" and "The Primal Blueprint"

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Avocaos

Best part about being Primal: So far I have had more energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to read product labels for hidden grain products

Comment

• Hi all

Hi all, total newbie here

Your location: Staffordshire, UK

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Very slightly - still looking into it!

Do you consume dairy: Intolerant to dairy but have soya milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to get lean - my hard work at the gym is not paying off!

Favorite exercise: Running and weights

Favorite Primal food: Salmon with vegetables

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully see my body tone up!

Worst part about being Primal: Dreading going 'grainless' 0_0
                            Lilith

'Be yourself, everyone else is taken' - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Hey Everyone newbie here. I'm coming from Michigan (or as I call it the little Arctic)

I'm 34 years old

I am learning the Primal as time goes on, but I want to incorporate it more into the family.

As for my dairy intake I have taken a lot out of my diet. I do eat a yogurt occasionally as well as ice cream (that was a hard one because I love Ice cream) a little bit of sour cream sometimes and a little bit of crumbled blue cheese on my salads.

I drink about a cup or two of coffee each day

My main motivation for switching to Primal is due to some health scares I have had over the past couple of years. I had Thoracic outlet syndrome (its rare)and because of this I experienced a minor heart attack due to the fact that my artery was being compressed and was victim to a side affect of a medicine I took. That has since been taken care of, thank goodness, however, I am experiencing some other health issues and thought that working out would be the answer. While my work out routine has helped I am still experiencing pain and believe that my diet has a bigger impact on how my body works and behaves then I realize. My husband has suggested me jumping in all the way with Primal and seeing how I feel. I truly believe you are what you eat, not that my diet is full of processed junk, but I am interested in learning how to better manage the right foods at the right time all while helping my body feel better.

My favorite exercise is swimming which I do 3-4 times a week, I also do yoga 2 times a week

Favorite primal food: Raspberries and coconut oil (its awesome for your skin, even though you may smell like a muffin, you'll feel soft)

Best part about being Primal: My husband has been doing Primal for a while and so he is a good go to resource.

Worst part about Primal is when you are away from home and don't have a say in the food being served. I travel a lot for ministry and it can be difficult.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Midwest

How Primal are you: 60-80% I would guess, still making adjustments to get to where I want to be.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To me it just makes sense. I hate processed foods and the direction the health of our children seems to be taking.

Favorite exercise: Lifting my two favorite weights, my kids.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: The way you feel, the energy level.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably because this is still new to me, over-thinking what to eat.

Comment

Working...
                                X