Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: no

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: all

Best part about being Primal: everything

Worst part about being Primal: can't think of one

Comment

Hi Primal Friends

I've been reading your posts for two weeks now and finally I have signed up .. while eating a breakfast of lamb, avocado, fenugreek sprouts, salad and Central American coffee with coconut oil and xylitol. Since yesterday, this Grokette has been working her way through Mark's book.

My location: South Africa

How Primal am I: My body has always pulled me towards Primal

Do I consume dairy: I would love to. My body has disagreements with it though. The only dairy I miss is yogurt and ... milk chocolate.

Do I drink coffee or tea: I am green tea girl. I love peppermint tea. I love the smell of coffee and have only started to drink coffee three years ago.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be super healthy, lean, energetic, clear headed, happy and experience that childlike health and wander I had when I was a child.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb - Throughout the years whenever I felt run down or flu-ish, some decent lamb has always sorted me out fast.

Best part about being Primal: I had already started before finding Mark's daily Apple, and within two weeks of extra fat in my diet, I look already younger and slightly more 'defined'. So younger, healthier, energized and finding my perfect blueprinted self.

Worst part about being Primal: I really wanted to be able to live of fruit, veg, nuts and seeds alone ... alas ... my body has other ideas ... It tends to break the pocket. Living in my country ... budget is tight! Quality food is worth it, but cost of living vs income is hectic.

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: Just beginning, aiming for 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, I have Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Cardiovascular Disease, Fatty Liver, Diabetes type 2, started on Insulin therapy recently. Need to lose weight urgently.

Favorite exercise: Hula Hoop

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Beef

Best part about being Primal: Healthier body.

Worst part about being Primal: None yet.

Comment

• Your location: Canberra

Age (If you want): 30ish

How Primal are you: 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes (Full cream) but not as much as I used too

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, sugar free esspresso's (30ml) on waking and with breaky. Another at work with some milk and some times a nice cold drip coffee over ice, the fine wiskey of coffees I also drink now and again various teas including Holy Basil.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose stubborn hip fat, and to lower chance of type 2 diabetes. Also the excercise was very easy to fit into my life. I had been struggling with fitting excercise into my life when my children and work entered my life, but Mark's primal fitness fits in nicely.

Favorite exercise: my favourites are heavy Deadlifting and very heavy pack walking up mountain trails.

Favorite Primal food: Pork Ribs stewed in homemade italian tomato sauce.

Best part about being Primal: How easy I have lost stubborn fat and felt better about myself

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating Pasta or Pizza, I am from an Italian background and lucky for my primal lifestyle I live 3hrs away from my parents. My mother says If you don't eat Pasta you will die by age 50. Surprisingly cravings for pasta and pizza get weaker the longer I abstain from it.
            Last edited by PGC; 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM.
            http://gustopaleo.com

Comment

• Your location: Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Just starting, so not very

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Im fat as hell

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Steak with grilled mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: Feels good

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to adjust to

Comment

• I'm over 50 and I'm not dead yet. You might night want to tell your mom she's wrong though. :-)

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: quasi

Do you consume dairy: Almost never (Although I love buttermilk)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Copious amounts of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight and diabetes

Favorite exercise: beer lifting

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: feel great

Worst part about being Primal: that first 10 days or so

I have to get with it again. Gained 70 lbs in the past 7 years. Blood sugar stays in the 150s.
                  It was easier the first time. My SO was on board, and had no problems throwing out all of the illegal food in the house.

We both lost 75 lbs each, and her doctor was so astonished that he asked her how she did it. When she said low carb, moderate protein he gasped, sat her down, and scared her so much that she stopped on the way home to buy 2 gallons of ice cream.

I will not be able to get her on board this time, and having junk in the house makes it sooo much harder.
                  (never mind that on a "proper" diet we both have re-gained all the weight we lost, and then some, and all of our chronic conditions have returned)

I love the old gal to death, I don't want to split with her, but I don't wanna die either.

Wish me luck (The book is on my phone)

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 70%, would love to be 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthier lifestyle, general feeling of well being

Favorite exercise: Weights

Favorite Primal food: Anything fromt the meat department

Best part about being Primal: Energy

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of primal friends restaurants and cafes

Comment

• Your location: Vancouver, BC

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Pretty much, I think, 75%? With one or two major deviations though.

Do you consume dairy: lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: not so much a switch as a realization that I've always tended toward "primal" naturally and am now learning more about it

Favorite exercise: strength training

Favorite Primal food: any meat and any vegetable!

Best part about being Primal: makes me feel great physically and fits with my natural tendencies all along

Worst part about being Primal: tough to fit in with the rest of the world at times, but still worth it!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 44 (M)

How Primal are you: Just starting out, guess we'll find out. I'm a HUGE fan of Chipotle and Chick-fil-A so it's gonna be rough kicking those, but overall I'm more a meat and veggies guy anyhow. The occasional wine/beer fest and tailgating are going to be the toughest part to overcome I'm sure.

Do you consume dairy: Hard Cheese only, and even then only occasionally. About an ounce or two at most to an omlette is my typical maximum. Can't tolerate any other form of dairy or else I won't be seen for a while (ugh)

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2-3 cups of coffee per week, sometimes more. Never more than a cup in a day though (honestly - it puts me to sleep)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well Hell - - 'because I'm fat!!! Seriously though, I just ran into an associate at a conference and he has dropped more than 50 lbs and kept them off for more than 2 years. The transformation is unreal, so I'm 100% convinced that this is totally doable and that it works. I need something to kickstart me into the right direction and choices for the rest of my life...this is NOT a diet for me, but rather a lifestyle choice - I WILL be here for my kids and eventual grandchildren.

Favorite exercise: P90X (and variants X+ and X2)

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: TBD (not a huge fan of pasta or pastries, and bread doesn't really 'like' me much anyhow) I think that tortillas will be the hardest thing to turn my back on....nothing like a good home made breakfast burrito on a Sat/Sun morning!

Comment

• Your location: Murfreesboro Tn, just south of Nashville

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Mostly. I don't touch grains or refined sugars or industrial oils, but I do still eat white potato and some "cleaned up" dessert like things.

Do you consume dairy: No, allergic.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I quite enjoy both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Depression and anxiety had a stranglehold, creeping joint pain made me feel ancient, various allergies made me constantly ill. Mind you, I did not realize exactly what was going on with the old body, just that I felt awful all the time. After a few weeks primal, I woke up one morning and I didn't hurt at all !

Favorite exercise: Hiking or swimming. Cant decide which is better.

Favorite Primal food: All of them. I am a big fan of variety.

Best part about being Primal: I am upbeat and energetic almost all the time, I feel GOOD.

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations. Last potluck I was at (required event for work, the boss provided coffee and everyone brought a dish) there was almost nothing I could eat without fear of the bellyache.
                          Last edited by Picturedragon; 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: add location

Comment

• Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want): 43 (F)

How Primal are you: Read and article 4weeks ago on Primal/Paleo and peaked my interest. I began Primal about 3.5 weeks ago. I would say i'm 93% primal : )

Do you consume dairy: Very little. Half and Half for my coffee, some Feta and goat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and Yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel healthier and loose about 5-8 lbs....Maybe 10.

Favorite exercise: I hate exercising. But when I do, I'll do some cardio and machine weights

Favorite Primal food: Beef Steaks

Best part about being Primal: Trying to figure that one out still

Worst part about being Primal: I miss carbs : ( Miss corn tortillas and frijoles refritos!
                            Last edited by primetester; 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want):31 (for one more week)

How Primal are you: 100% I think, but I'm new (1week) into this so you may have another idea

Do you consume dairy: very occasional raw cheese/whole cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: improve gut health, improve complexion, increase eneregy, regulate hormones, lose weight

Favorite exercise: walking barefoot with my dog and barefoot kids

Favorite Primal food: rarest of rare grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: lost 10 lbs my first week, not missing or craving grains, hardly ever hungry

Worst part about being Primal: my hubby doesn't quite get it, he says I should eat hungry or not so I can eat at regular times, also feel like am poisoning my kids giving them grains, am slowing converting them most meals are 80/20 primal right now, but waiting till my 30 day mark to pull the plug

Comment

• Your location: Denton, Texas

Age (If you want): 25 years

How Primal are you: Pretty frickin Primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, but only in the raw

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes herbal tea, coffee very, very rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Acid reflux

Favorite exercise: hiking for a whole day

Favorite Primal food: Organic dates and BACON

Best part about being Primal: Everything. I was dancing around the room today because I just feel so GOOD.

Worst part about being Primal:Having this amazing knowledge and wanting to share it, but no one wants to learn or even listen

THANK YOU MARK AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ashley

Comment

Working...
                                X