• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Toronto

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I am planning on being 80%

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, with a drop of milk (that's my dairy)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, plus I feel wonderful when eating this way

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Meat!

Worst part about being Primal: The planning involved

Comment

• Hi all..

Your location:

Eastern Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want):

38 (me) & 42 (him)

How Primal are you:

I've been avoiding wheat for the past few months, but we've both just started eating in a way that is primal.

Do you consume dairy:

Cheese (it's my vice), heavy cream, butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

A daily buttered coffee for both of us.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Health reasons; autoimmune disease runs in my family and most people in my family, myself included, show a lot of symptoms that are related to wheat consumption. Funny thing...I stopped eating wheat and felt tons better! hm. lol Hubby wants to stay healthy. We've found weight loss to be a pleasant side effect of eating primal. Neither of us are obese, but neither are we in top physical condition. I would classify myself (for now!) as "skinny fat". :-/

Favorite exercise:

walking, weights & yoga for me, sometimes running. Cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter! Sailing is somewhat physical, though I don't know I'd class it as "exercise".

Favorite Primal food:

We love food. And there are so many delicious foods out there that are primal that it would be impossible to choose! Bacon and steak are awesome to be able to eat without the guilt though, I have to say!

Best part about being Primal:

Feeling way better than I have in a very long time (physically and mentally), knowing that there's something I can do about the way I feel, whereas I was told by several doctors that they didn't know what was wrong and couldn't help me, eating whole foods (which also happen to be DELICIOUS) that, at the same time as being so good for me, also help support and promote ways of farming and animal husbandry that I believe in. What's not to love?

Worst part about being Primal:

Sometimes the time/effort/organization required to eat great meals and, once in a blue moon, the few times I think about foods I used to very much enjoy (millefeuilles, homemade crusty peasant loaves, well-made croissants, you know..) and can no longer have, and not even just because they're "not part of the 'diet' (and I use that term very loosely)", but because I know how my gut would feel after I indulged. With so much good food to focus on though, it's rare.

Comment

• Your location: Toronto, Ontario

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 70%, as I am still eating conventionally raised meat and vegetables.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Coffee cream and butter for meats.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My family has a history of Type 2 Diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Neutral grip pullup.

Favorite Primal food: Mussels.

Best part about being Primal: Not stressing out about counting calories.

Worst part about being Primal: Cannot convince family members to try it.

Comment

• Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): It's all relative

How Primal are you: The verdict is still out. I have lots of questions before I commit

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and butter only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Haven't done it yet

Favorite exercise: Armchair football!

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Not there yet, here to learn and explore

Worst part about being Primal: I'll let you know!
          Last edited by jfedei; 10-24-2012, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: I've been trying the primal lifestyle since July 2012. I struggle because I am a mother of 3 young children and my husband does not want to eat primally. I had success over the summer, but since the cooler weather has hit I've lapsed quite a bit.

Do you consume dairy: I use butter, cream, sour cream and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose 15-20 pounds

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting, yoga, walking

Favorite Primal food: beef & sausage

Best part about being Primal: Less bloating

Worst part about being Primal: Adapting in social eating situations and trying to decipher which primal foods trigger weight gain for me - I'm starting to think that my body is sensitive to butternut, and acorn squash.

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Uh, not much, yet. Just started two days ago.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in moderation.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Unsatisfied with body composition, lack of energy, poor health, total lack of fitness.

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet, I'll let you know in 6 months!

Worst part about being Primal: See above.

Comment

• Your location: Cornelius, NC

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Not sure, my wife and I try to follow a modified Paleo diet, but stray a bit on the weekends or nights out to dinner.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my Coffee, cheeses and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried Paleo diet and Crossfit and lost 25 lbs last year, but on Nov 1 2011 I had major shoulder surgery because of injuries sustained doing heavy overhead lifting and kip pull ups at Crossfit. I really miss the Crossfit life style, but since I am limited in performing the heavy olympic lifting that is included in many of the Crossfit work outs I am searching for another option. I enjoy designing work outs on the beach whenever we take trips down to Hilton Head and I have pulled many ideas from the WOWs.

Favorite exercise: Burpees, box jumps, slam balls, wall balls, rowing, etc

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: TBD

Comment

• Hi Everyone, Been a MDA reader for a while but just officially joined the community.

Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal. Don't eat grains or dairy. The only processed food I really eat is the occasional larabar or some coconut milk coffee creamer

Do you consume dairy: no.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started as a spin off from a Juice cleanse. I did that searching for relief from my autoimmune condition (Sjogren's Syndrome) and my lifelong struggle to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: all meat but the king of these is bacon

Best part about being Primal: I feel awesome!

Worst part about being Primal: Gosh, is there one? No - I don't think so.

Comment

• Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Fully

Do you consume dairy: Ghee - I'm experimenting with adding butter and cheese back into my diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Reduce medication for allergies and high blood pressure.

Favorite exercise: Long walks, American KB swings

Favorite Primal food: Rib-eye

Best part about being Primal: Health

Worst part about being Primal: Not as many grab and go food options.

Comment

• Your location: Rhode Island

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Mostly
                      Do you consume dairy: No. Well, cream in my iced coffee sometimes...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep. Both.
                      Motivator for switching to Primal: Frequent heatburn, fatigue, and increasing body fat.

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting, hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling and looking great in my 40s.
                      Worst part about being Primal: I miss my beloved doughnuts.

Comment

• Your location: Pacific Northwest

Age (If you want): younger than most people think. I must look old because I'm a kid at heart...

How Primal are you: 2 days primal at about 80% so far.

Do you consume dairy: Right now yes, although I will probably cut way back as I get more into the swing and through the carb flu.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both & black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be healthier. I was 5'10" and 196 in 2009, now I'm 138. I lost weight through portion control and cutting out sugar. Now I would like to gain muscle and stay healthy.

Favorite exercise: I have a trainer who I work with a few times a week & love. we do crossfit-lite.

Favorite Primal food: avocado.

Best part about being Primal: couldnt tell you yet.

Worst part about being Primal: breakfast? I used to eat "healthy" granola bars, instant oatmeal, and toast (HA). Now I feel lost if I dont have time to cook.

Comment

• Your location: Sydney Australia

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 90% ish

Do you consume dairy: butter only

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and overall long term health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs and sausages

Best part about being Primal: not feeling hungry all the time!

Worst part about being Primal: i find it very difficult to eat out

Comment

• Newbie here! Want to learn how to effectively lose weight and keep it off for good.

Comment

• Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: Just started about 2-1/2 weeks ago. I'm about 90% primal right now

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Morning coffee everyday (w/ sugar free creamer =)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been at a plateau with my weight loss for about a year. I needed something new. A close friend was extremely successful and showed me how to get started. I'm already seeing results!

Favorite exercise: I don't really have time to exercise right now with work and school. But I love doing yoga, zumba and Just Dance when I have the time

Favorite Primal food:Stuffed tomatoes!

Best part about being Primal: Burgers are so much better without the bun!

Worst part about being Primal: Chocolate cravings

Comment

• Location- Netherlands originally from Scotland.

Age-27.

How primal am I- I'd say 95% i have the odd bit of milk from time to time.

Do you consume dairy- Just the milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea- Nope never have

Motivator for switching to primal- My kids would like to see them grow up (and move out)

Favorite exercise- Deadlift

Best part about being primal- Getting to eat all the meat,eggs and fat I want

Worst part about being primal- No more Big Kings or baked Alaska

Comment

Working...
                                X