X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Chester, UK

Age (If you want):51

How Primal are you: Not much, just got the cookbook - haven't eaten bread or anything with oats in it for a couple of weeks now, and so far so good.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, loads

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have poor cholesterol levels so I am interested in diets that might help, also would like to avoid weight gain

Favorite exercise: Hill walking, but also like cycling

Favorite Primal food: Not sure, tried making the brownies in the cookbook using ground almond (can't get walnut meal/flour in UK) and they came out really nice. Amazed that you can make nice cakes etc without flour

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal: When my high LDL/low HDL was diagnosed a few years ago I didn't like the statin they gave me so I stopped eating meat & started eating fish - that helped, so I am not v keen on the idea of going back to eating meat (don't miss it), but meat seems to feature heavily in Primal. Also, seems hard to find some of the things in the Primal Cookbook here in the UK.

Comment

• Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get healthy, lose weight, enjoy life.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: Eating flavorful food

Worst part about being Primal: Not going out to eat to my favorite restaurants.

Comment

• Your location: FL

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes, sometimes but I try to eat raw cheeses.

Do you drink coffee or tea: teas: Kombucha, dandelion root, Yerba Mate, green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight and health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: meat, eggs

Best part about being Primal: good health, weight control

Worst part about being Primal: not eating chips, crackers, bread, or pasta

Comment

• San Diego, Ca,

old enough to know better

I stay away from packaged, non GMO foods, like sprouted, living foods
          I make my own raw jerky- love that!

I do consume dairy: Raw cheese, keifer and fermented

I love my organic coffee, make tea from home grown herbs (tulsi, dandelion, peppermint, stevia, etc)

I don't know what "Primal" means yet- but I do forage for my food and grow my own??
          I'm not sure I've switched to being completely Primal- but will be open to more info regarding it.

Training and racing my horses (yes, you do sweat and it primarily works the core) but I need to get my ass out of the saddle
          and that's why I'm here- for motivation!!

I love to run trails- but haven't done so in a long time.

Primal food? I love organic, grass fed, free range beef- but don't eat it often, Love wild caught Salmon
          Still need to research what "Primal" is- I could survive off the land from what i know about it and the
          food it provides- but I have a feeling its bigger than that.
          Last edited by Jett; 10-18-2012, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Rarely. Never really liked it anyway (besides pizza maybe)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. Never liked coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat and this actually made scientific sense

Favorite exercise: Swimming, hiking

Favorite Primal food: crab legs!

Best part about being Primal: Confusing the hell out of my friends

Worst part about being Primal: Food is expensive and time-consuming to prep

Comment

• Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want):56

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Small amounts of cream, butter, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, I would rather be hit by a bus than not have my morning coffee!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being fat, out of shape, always trying and failing!

Favorite exercise: Walking and easy hikes. Hopefully as I lose weight I can hit tougher trails and start backpacking again!

Favorite Primal food: MEAT, prepared any way and every way, love my MEAT!

Best part about being Primal: It's making me feel better, I have peace knowing my body is being fed what it was designed to eat.

Worst part about being Primal: More shopping, cooking, shopping, recipe searching, shopping...$$$$$ pay now or pay later!

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): Mileage may vary depending on how I feel

How Primal are you: Not sure -- it's my first day!

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally (butter, cream, milk for my coffee)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of tea (herbal, green, and black) plus my morning coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get healthy, lose weight, feel like myself again.

Favorite exercise: Long walks with my dogs

Favorite Primal food: Medium rare steak

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully to be healthier

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmm, will I miss sushi and pasta?!

Comment

• Your location: Glasgow, Scotland

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 90%, minus10 as still working on sourcing organic, grass-fed....

Do you consume dairy: Occasional: Greek yoghurt and cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: I heart Rooibos, have a cup of normal tea at work and about one coffee a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: sort out my digestion and lose weight

Favorite exercise: jogging, but definitely going to try Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: at the moment I'm loving 2 egg omelettes with veggies, ginger, chilli and coriander made in coconut oil - soooo good

Best part about being Primal: feeling like I'm eating 'right', very empowering. Bonus is I've never ever lost weight this easy and so quickly - fantastico

Worst part about being Primal: necessary budget adjustments
                  if you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room

Comment

• Your location: The Police State of NJ

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: 90% since around mid July 2012

Do you consume dairy: In moderation.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, improve immunity, better general health.

Favorite exercise: None yet.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat most everything I like and it's "forcing" me to re-try things (in different ways) that I haven't liked in the past. i.e. I've always hated vegetables.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out.

Comment

• Greetings

How Primal am I : I am not 100% primal in that I occasionally with have a processed item of some kind, although I will check it for the real big red flag no no's. For the most part though I stick to it. I have been for roughly two and a half months now.

Do I consume Dairy : I completely ceased drinking milk (no source on raw) but I will occasionally have half n half with my coffee

Do I drink coffee : Heh already answered but yes, occasionally I will drink a cup, but not in an everyday ritualistic fashion.

Motivator for switching to Primal : I had a friends father have great success with it and I have always struggled with weight. I
                      have also done quite a bit of research into health and anatomy so I saw this as being a truly
                      viable idea.

Favorite Exercise : Walking and moderate lifting (I have back/neck issues so I can't push myself too much)

Favorite Primal Food : Steak ;- )

Best part of being Primal : I finally feel like I have a handle on my body and its workings

Worst thing about being primal : I do miss some sweets and chocolate, but I do allow some dark chocolate in great moderation.

Comment

• Your location:
                        Aurora, Colorado
                        Age (If you want):
                        How Primal are you:
                        Just started
                        Do you consume dairy:
                        Yogurt, nothing more
                        Do you drink coffee or tea:
                        no, but doo take green tea extract supplements
                        Motivator for switching to Primal:
                        Figured my current diet wasnt too far off after a year of changing it, that it gave me a reason to leave grains and sugars behind for good
                        Favorite exercise:
                        walking, and lifting anything heavy, squats, deadlifts, etc...
                        Favorite Primal food:
                        eggs
                        Best part about being Primal:
                        enjoying the flavors without all of the fillers
                        Worst part about being Primal:
                        No more nachos

Comment

• Your location: Kentucky

How Primal are you: 80% or so

Do you consume dairy: butter, cheese, cottage cheese, and sometimes milk. (I make myself feel better by saying organic

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm not big on either, but I'll drink them if I get them (without sweeteners)

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get into amazing shape while eating great food, and to prove modern health is wrong.

Favorite Exercise: Don't really have one, anything that will get me moving!! (If I HAD to pick, I want to pick up on parkour and rock climbing)

Favorite Primal Food: Eggs

Best Part of Being Primal: The month I've sorta-kinda tried it out as best as I could, and the way better feeling I get.

Worst Part of Being Primal: Being told I'm unhealthy by people harfing down Mickey D's and "whole grains"

Comment

• hello guys,

myself prasann i am from india.

my age is 27.

i like this site very much

Comment

• Your location: Dartford, England

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: No processed food, grains, legumes, potatoes or dairy. I will not stress about what I eat if I go out, etc. Regular excercise but no weights yet. Primal for the last four months.

Do you consume dairy: 99% dairy free

Do you drink coffee or tea: 50% decaf and only "good" teas!

Motivator for switching to Primal: mainly weight control while training for my two and only triathlons last summer

Favorite exercise: anything outdoors with least amount of equipment.

Favorite Primal food: the whole pyramid but still very attracted to sweet things!

Best part about being Primal: Quite a few and the health effects are just astonishing: my chronic heyfever/allergy used to plague me since childhood and it's now gone and that alone would be enough. No illness so far (let's see how winter goes). I've never physically felt and/or looked so good. Etc.

Worst part about being Primal: seeing so many people missing out.

Comment

• Your location: Austin, Texas

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: I'm premi-primal. I just started yesterday, by doing what most say not to and throwing out all the rice, bread, flour, and grains. If it was there I would convince myself to start when it was gone. So I tossed it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes I love cheese, so baby steps

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup a day, black

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend introduced me to the book and it makes so much sense I just had to

Favorite exercise: l love walking with my dog

Favorite Primal food: any slow roasted meat makes me happy

Best part about being Primal: like I said I'm really new to this but I woke up before the alarm clock and feel like I can kick the world's butt. I'm excited

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Comment

Working...
                                X