Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Virginia Beach(currently)

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you: 2 weeks in with no dairy, grains, legumes...except one major breakdown.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been working to lose weight but got stuck after losing 20 pounds. I wasn't on any sort of diet other than just eating less and being more active. I decided to change my diet entirely and make my goal to be healthier rather than to lose x amount of pounds. I read about PB and it all made so much more sense than just counting calories.

Favorite exercise: treading water

Favorite Primal food: all kinds of salad

Best part about being Primal: feeling healthier

Worst part about being Primal: fresh produce and meats are expensive. I'm a broke college student.

Comment

• Your location: Wellington, Colorado

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Striving for 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, approximately 1 to 2 Tbsp of Table cream most mornings in a cup of coffee. I also have ice cream from time to time, I'm working on building resistance to that temptation!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I enjoy both coffee and tea, but I don't have to have either.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To look good naked, of course! I just want to be healthy all around, honestly.

Favorite exercise: I don't like exercise at all, but I've enjoyed being able to do pull-ups without the chair (even if I can only do 3 right now). My goal is at least 5 unassisted pull-ups before the end of the year.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and eggs as well as steak and broccoli... What's not to love about primal eats!

Best part about being Primal: The best part of being primal so far has been feeling fantastic and having an abundance of energy. Other then my love for ice cream, it's been a very easy transition from the SAD.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing that I've found so far!

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm Lynsey, I have been lurking on this site for about 2 weeks, so thought it was high time I introduced myself!

Here goes:

Your location: Glasgow, UK

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: er, not sure how to answer this, I don't eat any grains or legumes at all, avoid grain oils as much as I can, partake in the odd diet coke. Just ate some shop bought Caesar dressing and won't be doing it again in a hurry due to the severe bloating I now have!

Do you consume dairy: lots of butter, some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both - black, no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: had some success with Atkins, but felt their pre packed items were unhealthy

Favorite exercise: bodypump

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye or avocado

Best part about being Primal: feeling like im eating to nourish my body, not for pleasure

Worst part about being Primal: cost of good meat

Comment

• Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Not very.... I cut out grains a few months back, I've got a long way to go.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and every now and again cream. I tried making my own yoghurt from local biodynamic raw milk but my breastfeeding son had a mild reaction to it. I will try it again if I ever get around to healing my gut. Primal will help with that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea mostly, some black tea with organic oat milk & some local raw honey (will try to cut them out) & once in a blue moon (once or twice a year) I might have a decaf latte in a cafe.... Does doing a raw organic coffee enema flush count?

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, cure eczema, energy, strength, to go against the grain (in more ways then one)

Favorite exercise: At this stage Pilates. Recovering from a knee operation.

Favorite Primal food: Pretty much all meat, I was vego for 7 years!

Best part about being Primal: Not as hungry

Worst part about being Primal: Am I allowed to say "pizza" on this forum?
          "You can either spend your time & money on being sick, or you can spend your time & money on being healthy"

Comment

• Hello All, my Jeff and I am an industrialized food junkie. I'm not overweight so I feel like I can indulge in whatever I like. My gut usually says different by way of bloat and upset.

Your location: Columbus, OH

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Somewhat. My challenge is a household with 3 other people not willing to go Primal. I don't have a problem cutting out bread and grains ( Chipotle rice my be a problem... I love it! ) My struggle is all the junk food my wife and mother in-law keep around the house.

Do you consume dairy: I eat cheese regular basis and I eat yogurt after a strenuous workout. I will most likely indulge in some icecream from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am coffee drinker. down to about 2 cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better gut health, I hope. More energy would be nice. I am tired of feelling like I am going to fall asleep on my drive home from work. Then barely being able to hold my eyes open as I read to my daughter.

Favorite exercise: Muay Thai / kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: Fillet Mignon maybe but I love all food. What's for dinner tonight. : )

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet only on day four. So far the sunday morning walk in the Metro Park with my wife and daughter.

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza and Chipotle's cilantro, lime rice. Beer but I keep that to minimum these days anyway.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Montgomery County, MD

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not! Will be starting soon though!

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: Have tried coffee numerous times but just can't get by the taste. Only drink tea at this little Cantonese place.

Motivator for switching to Primal: CANNOT end up like my pops and unable to play with grandkids (I don't even have kids myself yet but never too early to prepare!)

Favorite exercise: Pushups!!!!!!!!!! Good god I love them. Can't do a lot yet but it's getting there

Favorite Primal food: Grilled animal

Best part about being Primal: We'll find out!

Worst part about being Primal: I suspect initially it will be the low carb flu thingy
              The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Comment

• The Questions:

How Primal: trying it out; probably about 50%; hoping to go 80% starting tomorrow, but nervous, because I've been contemplating this for about 2 months and haven't taken the plunge yet.

Dairy: yes, I love cheese and can't imagine giving it up; may be worthwhile for the last 10 lbs.

Coffee or Tea: Green Tea, Costco's brand is my favorite

Motivator for switching to Primal: Arthritis pain (I especially noticed it after eating some fingerling potatoes with the skin on and then searching that on this website and seeing that Mark Sisson mentioned knee pain after eating potatoes with the skin on); 30 lbs. I'm carrying that I loathe. Life-long low blood sugar issues if I eat carb heavy meals.

Favorite exercise: walking, running on the treadmill (though haven't for about 7 months due to an unresolved injury), BodyPump by Les Mills (home version)

Favorite Primal food: steak, butter, eggs, leafy greens, good bacon, a bison burger...the list is long

Best part about being Primal: no arthritis pain

Worst part about being Primal: I bought a pasta maker about 6 months ago and I love making home-made seminola pasta and fresh bread.

Comment

• Hi, i am currently on day 10 of primal eating. My husband has been eating/living primally for 5 months and has had great results so I thought I would give it a try. I am just nearing the end (I hope) of my carb flu and am really staring to get into things... I am starting to get excited! I have about 25 pounds to lose and would like to get some more definition to all areas of my body. Good luck to all!

Comment

• Your location: Torrance, CA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, yogurt and 1/2 in 1/2 in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes coffee everyday and sometimes tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm fat!

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: reduces sugar cravings

Worst part about being Primal: lots of shopping, have to say no to a lot of foods people bring into work

Comment

• Jacob Thomas is web manager of MBC, a medical billing company that services clients across the US all 50 states. Jacob is an expert in medical billing and physician revenue cycle management.

Comment

• Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: As much as I want and can be and think is good for my health.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: From a young age I enjoyed the delights of nature. I want to take care of my health so that I can continue to do so. I also want to be good at the things I like to do and being primal helps.

Favorite exercise: Climbing trees.

Favorite Primal food: It depends on what I need.

Best part about being Primal: It's flipped my life from a downward spiral to an upward spiral.

Worst part about being Primal: The stress caused by the n00bs in the wake.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Pittsburgh, PA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 90% (5 days out of the week I eat 50g carbs, and I rarely exceed 100g)

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt (from Costco!), and cheese once every two weeks (when I get a craving...)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read the book Good Calories, Bad Calories, then found MDA. Then lived for a month somewhere else where I was able to totally revamp my diet (husband was away... he's anti-primal, sadly)

Favorite exercise: Yoga, strength training

Favorite Primal food: Almonds (so much that I have to avoid buying them)

Best part about being Primal: Healed my eating disorder, shed lots of anxiety about eating food. I no longer struggle with incessant food cravings, and I no longer binge (I used to be able to eat 2500 calories in one sitting!) Also, my blood work numbers are surprisingly excellent.

Worst part about being Primal: Husband gets vehement whenever I talk about my diet; I am forced to hide my eating patterns from him.

Comment

• Hi Everybody

Your location: Arlington, Virginia

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Butter and cheese (for the fat to keep the protein count down)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional cup of Starbuck's

Motivator for switching to Primal: General health and to lose those last few pounds of fat

Favorite exercise: Gym rat, Russian Twists (70 lb dumbell), cable chops and pull ups

Favorite Primal food: New York Strip with bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good and not having to count calories

Worst part about being Primal: People think I'm weird.

Comment

• Hi, I'm Shelly!

Your location: Philippines (grew up in the US)

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: about 90%,

Do you consume dairy: occasional milk or butter use, maybe 2x/week, trying to go dairy-free

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, about 10 cups/day (6 cups caffeine-free herbal tea, 4 cups coffee) MUST CUT DOWN

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight/appearance, reduce fatigue, reduce body aches and pains

Favorite exercise: rowing/kayaking

Favorite Primal food: steamed spinach & chicken, LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi

Best part about being Primal: constant obsession, desire, cravings for sugary/wheat based foods gone

Worst part about being Primal: VERY disappointed by minimal weight loss, budgetary constraints really limit variety & quality
                              Winterzodiac F, 31, 5'2"
                              HW: 230lbs (approx), size 22
                              SW Paleo: 155lbs (7/31/12)
                              CW: 155 lbs
                              GW: 130 lbs/Sz 10 and to fit into a cute Halloween costume this year!

My Journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63367.html

Comment

• Hi Primal people!

I am 23 and living in Los Angeles, but originally from Ohio. I am TRYING to be 100% primal for at least a month to kick myself off, but keep eating bars of dark chocolate and fried chicken...I do not consume dairy daily but ice cream thwarts me every now and again. It's still a favorite food of mine, but giving up milk and cheese has never been a problem for me. I will have a green tea every now and again, but if I regularly drink caffeine it turns into a pot of coffee a day. Whoops. I want to be primal because I want to be healthy and lose the extra twenty pounds (all in my stomach and neck) I've put on since college (and through being a vegetarian). I want to be hot! I'm twenty three and an actress and I just saw batman and thought to myself "if I want to do that (I want to do action movies and the like) I'm going to have to get a hold of my health and feel like a young woman is supposed to feel in her body! My energy is also super high sometimes and super low at times, and I don't enjoy that swing at all. It's like being manically hyper active and then needing to crawl under a rock. Not really how a healthy 23 year old woman should feel. My favorite exercise is sprinting for now but I love to dance, do yoga and I love martial arts. My favorite primal food right now is marinated steak and garlic green beans. The best thing about being primal is that I can eat meat as much as I want without ill effects (though that nagging fear of being unhealthy is still there. I aspired to be a vegan and was a vegetarian for a long time.) Worst part-feeling bad for animals and truly? I am realizing I get so deeply full eating meat and vegetables that I'm finding it harder to get 'high' from my food. I have an addictive personality and it looks like I will have to find a new vice...

Comment

Working...
                                X