• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Groveland, Florida

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Fairly Primal

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Tea occasionally wishing I could drink it sweet (I am from the South after all).

Motivator for switching to Primal: At first to lose weight, but after researching it the health benefits are the main reason to stay with it.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great.

Worst part about being Primal: Itís hard to eat out and avoid hidden carbs (like adding bread crumbs to meat loaf, etc)

Comment

• Your location: Thousand Oaks, CA

Age (If you want): 26 (11-23-1985)

How Primal are you: I've been primal since July 10th, 2012 (So, 1 week) & I'm as primal as my budget allows me to be. Cheap non-organic eggs but mostly all organic veggies & an occasional Ricola cough-drop at the end of the day to soothe my nasal cavities.

Do you consume dairy: NO! Dairy makes me feel SAD.

Do you drink coffee or tea: White tea, as I am a bit sensitive to caffeine in coffee, green & black tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss & Not feeling like crap all the time from refined carbs and junk food.

Favorite exercise: Slow Cardio (as Mark recommends)

Favorite Primal food: The incredible, edible Egg.

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy, happy, and hardly ever having to see the doctor because your diet sucked before.

Worst part about being Primal: Living longer than your all your SAD friends and loved ones.

Comment

• Your location: Spain

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Pretty darn primal...

Do you consume dairy: In moderation

Do you drink coffee or tea: Loads of coffee daily. Green tea once a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was 'Atkins' chick for years, losing weight being the motivation. But the 'primal' lifestyle really appeals to me and the community gives me loads more direction

Favorite exercise: Cycling (!)

Favorite Primal food: Yep. I like food! Bacon. Coconut. Turkey. Macadamia nuts. Eggs. Oh, yeah. I could go on....

Best part about being Primal: Meals are a joy to cook. I never feel bloated afterwards. I feel motivated!

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of much. Except the fact that I can't get some of the awesome primal 'snacks' that are available in the US. So I have to make my own jerky, etc...!

And that's me. Oh. And I cook. A lot.

TheCreativeCaveman | Back to basics cooking in a modern age

Comment

• Hello folks, so, day 2 of 90 day challenge. he's a little info about me:

Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 2 days into very. moderately for much of life but have had complex grains and legumes. ah, so not very then.

Do you consume dairy: Organic yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee occasionally, black tea daily, green tea daily. consumption decreasing....

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desire for greater energy and flatter curve. also always seeking lifestyle adaptation for best health and energy.

Favorite exercise: Yoga / Vigorous Sex.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado / Fresh organic Hemp seed milk

Best part about being Primal: Piss my friends off at dinner parties.

Worst part about being Primal: not allowed hummus.

Comment

• Your location:

Queensland, Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Currently a newbie, but great enthusiast.

Do you consume dairy:

Extremlely rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Tea daily, coffee occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Firstly the weight aspect, then to improve overall health/longevity, plus my appearance (gotta be honest).

Favorite exercise:

Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food:

Has to be Rib Fillet Beef or fresh Prawns

Best part about being Primal:

Overall health and life benefits

Worst part about being Primal:

Dont know if there is one yet.

Comment

• Hello,
              Very glad to be here...

My location: very southern GA, USA

How Primal are you: just getting started.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, for now.

Do you drink coffee or tea: About 1 cup of coffee daily. Got to find a replacement for standard southern sweet tea, because I love tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick of being Fat. Lost 80 pounds doing Weight Watchers (starving and exercising a LOT) during nursing school a year ago, but I need a change.

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: raspberries

Best part about being Primal: Not having to micro-manage my calories (I hope)

Worst part about being Primal: Fear that it won't work.

Comment

• Got to find a replacement for standard southern sweet tea, because I love tea.

Let me know if you find it... unsweet tea just ain't the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernMan435 View Post
                  Got to find a replacement for standard southern sweet tea, because I love tea.
                  Funny you mention that. On my walk, I saw stevia plants for sale @ the local WholeFools store this evening. Its called Sweet Leaf in South America. Buy the plant & pick/use the leaves(it would grow like crazy in FL, it's a shrub), or buy the extracted white powder online (Stevita brand) or an organic extract @ Trader Joe's of you have them in your area of Florida.

Some people on these boards insist it spikes insulin, but not of in my use it, I haven't noticed that effect. I used to use it a lot, pretty much daily. Now I use it a couple times a week, sometimes not at all. There is 0 calories & 0 carbs in it & it's a green plant's leaf. Been used for a long long time by native peoples & the Japanese have used it in their industries as a sweetener for decades. There's science behind it, look into it if you are the curious sort.
                  "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                  "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                  "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthernMan435 View Post

SouthernMan, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie

Comment

• Your location:
                      NW Arkansas

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                      I've made a very slow transition for maybe three or four months, but now I'm starting to get pretty hardcore.

Do you consume dairy:
                      Yes, but not milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                      I might drink coffee once a year and tea once every three months.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                      I learned about the PB from a libertarian website and it just made sense to me. I suppose my motivation is to simply live healthier, the way we evolved to live.

Favorite exercise:
                      I'm an arborist so obviously my favorite exercise is climbing trees.

Favorite Primal food:
                      MEAT

Best part about being Primal:
                      I have probably cut myself down to 75-150g of carbs a day and I just feel better. Plus I love eating saturated fats.

Worst part about being Primal:
                      The grocery bill.

Comment

• Your location: Canada!

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Mostly. Can't afford grass-fed/organic most of the time due to student budget.

Do you consume dairy: Yep! I try to keep it organic, but raw definitely is not possible at this point.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup every morning!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being tired all the time. I've been dealing with some lifelong anxiety issues, and am hoping to get off my medication through lifestyle changes. Also, I wouldn't mind losing a little weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking!

Favorite Primal food: Steak and berries (not together...)

Best part about being Primal: The energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with judgmental others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post
                          SouthernMan, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie
                          I love the Bellamy Brothers... and they are still putting out some good music like Jalapenos. Its a shame the radio stations down here won't play their new songs on the air.

Comment

• Your location: Canton, MI USA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 80% lol

Do you consume dairy: Hells yes, love it!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually coffee, sometimes tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat loss, even energy, overall health

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Meat! (and butter)

Best part about being Primal: Not being fatigued and strapped into an energy roller-coaster

Worst part about being Primal: Having to limit my ice cream intake

Comment

• Obligatory answers:
                              How primal: at least 80% or better (I have my moments of weakness)
                              I have drastically cut out dairy. - weak moment tonight was sharp cheddar with an apple
                              Yes- must have coffee in the am
                              Motivation- want to be stronger, feel better, be healthier- I feel better since eating Primal foods
                              Favorite exercise- hiking in Fair Hill (land) surfing (H2o)
                              Favorite primal food? All of it!
                              Best: I've already noticed positive results in my health - energy is up, lost 5 lbs
                              Worst: just takes more focus and planning

Comment

• Cynthia1126 you are an inspiration. I'll be thinking about your journey and holding a good thought for you as you work towards optimal health! I just went Primal about a month ago and had a similar start that you did- just kept grabbing walnuts & almonds because I knew they were ok (a good friend was eating Paleo and recommended nuts). Ive since expanded my food choices and do more and more research every day. I love food and I love to cook. It's getting easier to eat primal and I've lost 5 lbs and feel the best I have in a long time. Good luck and thanks for sharing your story!

Comment

Working...
                                X