• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location:

Columbus, Ohio

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Pretty Primal, at least 97% (over the last two weeks anyway)

Do you consume dairy:

Yes but only in small amounts (heavy cream maybe once a week, cheese maybe once a day at most)

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Coffee - decaf usually - caffeine gives me heart palpitations (or at least combined with tobacoo it did)

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Wow...so many reasons. When I graduated I weighed around 140 lbs. Not long after graduation I was put on meds for anxiety and depression. This caused my weight to balloon to 190 lbs within a year. Within the last year or so I have made a lot of changes in my health...stopped using tobacoo, limited alochol to virtually none, and now I want to look and feel better about myself. I started at 177 lbs and as of yesterday I'm down to 166. Feeling much better and loving life!

Favorite exercise:

Swimming or Pull ups (hard as hell but I love to see myself improve)

Favorite Primal food:

Meat

Best part about being Primal:

Being aware of the crap I use to allow in my body. Being aware of the world around me and I can either engage or ignore it.

Worst part about being Primal:

Being at the firehouse during meal time. I hate not eating the same meal as the guys but what they eat makes me want to throw up.

Comment

• Hi everyone! I'm very new here, so here are the basics:

Your location: outside of Boulder, CO

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm currently 3 days in and have been 100% in those 3 days . I'm striving for 80-85% with a pat on the back if I do better than that.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in moderation. I don't seem to have an ill-effects from consuming dairy, so I'm keeping a small amount of cheese and whole milk around. Considering the amount of dairy that I would consume on a daily basis just a few weeks ago, I've cut down drastically (0-1 servings a day).

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've been caffeine free since April 2011, so I only drink herbal teas. Since 2008 I've gotten routine migraines (3-4/month), and cutting out caffeine dropped that number down to maybe 1/month, so I'm not going back to coffee now! I'm hoping this lifestyle change will help eradicate the pesky buggers for good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My mom has had type 2 diabetes for about 6 years, and in January my dad was diagnosed with it as well. Along with a history of HTN for both of them and heart disease with my dad, my family history doesn't look too hot. I've been researching ways to re-write my future, and I'm hoping this is the key. Oh, and I began doing Crossfit in February, which is where I first heard of anything Paelo--that instigated a google search which lead me here.

Favorite exercise: hiking--I live in CO ya'll!

Favorite Primal food: uncured, organic bacon

Best part about being Primal: Haven't figured that out yet (it's only been 3 days!). I was a vegetarian for 3 years in an attempt to "get healthy" (yeah, stopped doing that when I realized all I was eating was grains and dairy!). My husband (an avid carnivore) would be so frustrated going to restaurants with me as eating out was usually a challenge. So far I like that I can pretty much eat anywhere (except McDonalds!) and get a chicken breast or steak and some veggies and be good. [Side note about Micky D's: out of extreme regret, Josh and I went to McDonald's a few months ago and sat in the restaurant. Besides how disgusting the place and food is, I was totally shocked to discover that there was no water tab at the drink station. You could get every flavor of soda and juice imaginable, but not a single drop of water. You could purchase a bottle from the counter, but that was your only hope at anything healthy at that place. I was done at that second....never again to return, no matter how desperate. I'd rather go hungry!]

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing what other people are doing to their body with the junk they eat, and knowing that I was doing the same thing to myself for so many years.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:Florida, Pembroke Pines

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you:Not at all..researching it

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea, ginger, peppermint,and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am a Ovo-piscetarian, I am wondering if I can do this as a Ovo-piscetarian. I am ready to change my life and be healthy and fit

Favorite exercise:Planks I know this is silly to some..but I couldn't even Plank two weeks ago!

Favorite Primal food:I don't know yet..I eat salmon, sardines, cod fish, yellow and red tail snapper..any fish that has scales..no shell fish and I love eggs.

Best part about being Primal:Looking forward to finding out

Worst part about being Primal:

Comment

• Your location: Taranaki, New Zealand

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:sort of - started dieting following Tim Ferris (the 4 hour body) to win a challenge at work, lost 10kg in 4 weeks (about 22 lbs) the came to the realisation that the guidelines in his slow carb diet wernt far off a more paleo diet, just get rid of teh few remaining carbs ! working at the moment to find a replacement for some of teh things i like (such as pizza - getting some almond flour to sort that)

Do you consume dairy: only once a week on binge days (as per the current diet) but do eat cottage cheese at the moment (no lactose)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both coffee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: looks like a natural progression from my current eating plan, towards healthy, sugar free living, and to act as a role model to my kids

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Dont know Yet

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating Doritos and dip

Comment

• Hello everyone!

My location: Northern Utah (no I'm not Mormon but some of my best friends are)

Age (If you want): 55 going on 35

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: I love cheese and live 10 miles from Beehive Cheese Co., which makes un-pasturized cheese from whole milk produced by local grass-fed cows!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, green tea, white tea, herb tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been about 70-75% Primal for the past several years without knowing what it was, and just a couple months ago found PB and read the book. Now I have even more reason to be Primal!

Favorite exercise: Crossfit = all of the above

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Broccoli. Lamb. Salad. Salmon. Raspberries. Wait, do I have to pick just one?

Best part about being Primal: It fits in with my plan for World Domination (which includes going skydiving when I'm 100)

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza without the crust.

Comment

• Your location:Abu Dhabi UAE

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you: Just starting so not sure

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Neither myself or my husband is overweight. We excerise regularly (a bit of running and circuit)

Favorite exercise:running

Favorite Primal food: lamb cassolet

Best part about being Primal:not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal:starting out

Comment

• My introduction - Last 40 = the last 40 pounds I want to loose after gaining 90 lbs after I quit smoking. I lost 50 over the years but have struggled finishing the job. I've followed low carb before, and it worked, but I never had the complete plan like this. 6weeks in and I've lost 15 lbs - so 25 to go.

Your location: I live in Frankfort IL

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: No milk or ice cream, very limited amounts of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and some ice tea. My coffee consumption is way down though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: About 7 weeks ago I broke my wrist in a bicycle accident. The medical tech in the emergency room told me about the primal blue print as he wrapped my arm in a temporary cast - I bought the book the next day. If he's reading this - Thank You!

Favorite exercise: Biking (yes, I'll still do it)

Favorite Primal food: Roasted Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Like most, if not all of the food.

Worst part about being Primal: Having fatigue issues, but reading the forum I decided to add a banana a day and up my carbs some. Also had sticker shock when pricing grass fed beef. I have 5 mouths to feed and its too much.

Comment

• Hey, all!

Hey, guys. Here's my answers to those questions all the way back on page 1..

Your location: Long Island, New York

Age (If you want): 21 soon to be 22

How Primal are you: Some days are better than others, but I'm aiming for 90%+ primal

Do you consume dairy: Rarely, and it's always a bad decision.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, because I can't drink coffee without a sweetener.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and sticking to our roots.

Favorite exercise: Walking and lifting things.

Favorite Primal food: Meeeaaattt.. and seafood. And seeds.

Best part about being Primal: See above, specifically; meat.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out is terrible. People are always trying to get you to share their dishes...

Comment

• Your location: Tel Aviv

Age (If you want): only 62

How Primal are you: I just started and I have no idea how to calculate that, but according Paleo/Primal books, my guess is something around 90%

Do you consume dairy: one or two goat yogurts a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: Japanese green tea and Chinese Oolong

Motivator for switching to Primal: better health

Favorite exercise: fast speed walking.

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: for now,the fun of having a new diet

Worst part about being Primal: none

Comment

• Your location: New York

Age (If you want): 15

How Primal are you: Probably.... 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes: some yogurt/kefir, butter, heavy cream, and raw cheese (if I can find it). No milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee as a treat. I'm a tea addict though, all kinds all day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Managing depression and chronic pain, weight loss is nice too but I don't stress about it.

Favorite exercise: Walking/Tennis

Favorite Primal food: Tie between salmon and steak!

Best part about being Primal: I have less "brain fog" so I can focus on school.

Worst part about being Primal: I used to love whole grain pasta.

Comment

• Hello Everyone, My name is Lara and I'm determined to give Primal eating a REAL go this time!

My journal can be found here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread59534.html

Your location: London

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: on and off

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: To reverse my PCOS, to lose weight, to gain energy!

Favorite exercise: Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Having energy, feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling deprived of sugar

Comment

• Your location: Sacramento, CA

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just finished reading Primal Blueprint, so plan on starting tomorrow!

Do you consume dairy: I plan on keeping my yogurt and cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but would like to get rid of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need, need, need to lose weight. I've lost all of my drive, motivation, and love of life, due to my weight gain. I want to get healthy and feel full of energy again.

Favorite exercise: walking and weights

Favorite Primal food: berries, eggs, avocado

Best part about being Primal: being able to eat...hate starving myself! I also love trying new recipes, so I'm looking forward to trying recipes without grains.

Worst part about being Primal: not a huge meat eater, so that will take a little getting used to. Spent a few years dabbling in vegetarian and vegan diets, so I'll have to get used to more meat. I also am worried about dining out, which we do a lot. I feel like I'm going to get really tired of salads.

Comment

• Originally posted by epoh76 View Post
                            Your location: Sacramento, CA

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just finished reading Primal Blueprint, so plan on starting tomorrow!

Do you consume dairy: I plan on keeping my yogurt and cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but would like to get rid of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need, need, need to lose weight. I've lost all of my drive, motivation, and love of life, due to my weight gain. I want to get healthy and feel full of energy again.

Favorite exercise: walking and weights

Favorite Primal food: berries, eggs, avocado

Best part about being Primal: being able to eat...hate starving myself! I also love trying new recipes, so I'm looking forward to trying recipes without grains.

Worst part about being Primal: not a huge meat eater, so that will take a little getting used to. Spent a few years dabbling in vegetarian and vegan diets, so I'll have to get used to more meat. I also am worried about dining out, which we do a lot. I feel like I'm going to get really tired of salads.
                            Welcome. I'm in Sacramento too. It's a great place to be primal, with all the natural food stores, farmer's markets, bike trail, nearby recreation areas.
                            Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

• Your location: USA

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you:mostly

Do you consume dairyccasional cheese, whipping cream, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee 2cups

Motivator for switching to Primal:Sister looks great! Need to feel better and have more energy

Favorite exercise:squats

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal:feeling better, more energy, weight melting off

Worst part about being Primal:missing my homemade bread, the smell and taste is incredible.

Comment

• Hi!

My name is Neil AKA Bigmista. I'm new here and very new to Primal. This will be an interesting and challenging journey for me because I own a BBQ business. Lots of Primal stuff around but lots of non-primal stuff (mac & cheese, bbq beans, potato salad, bbq sauce, etc.) around also. Here are my answers to the questions:

The Questions:

Your location: Long Beach, CA

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just getting started. Cutting out sugar, bread, grains right now.

Do you consume dairy: cheese. Trying to work up a taste for unsweetened yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am obese and tired of it. I need more energy for my 4 year old daughter.

Favorite exercise: Walking, Kettlebells (really need to get back to that)

Favorite Primal food: Brisket Chili!

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet.

Thanks for letting me hang out!

Mista

Comment

Working...
                                X