• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Philadelphia, PA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was motivated by a Primal enthusiast Brian!! He inspired me to take a new direction in my life, health and physical condition.

Favorite exercise: Anything outside

Favorite Primal food: Grilled Salmon with onion/peppers and lemon with fresh Broccoli

Best part about being Primal: It feels natural

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing

Comment

• Your location: Pacific, WA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'd say around 85%. I'm working as close to 100% as possible. I don't buy organic and still eat a little sugar/gluten free flours when I have cravings once a month.

Do you consume dairy: No, not any longer. I love dairy and thought it would be hard to give up, but surprisingly it wasn't!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea occasionally, never coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have spent the last few years making myself sick by eating dairy and wheat. I was at the end of my rope, tired of living in a chemical induced fog and after hearing about a friends major success, I decided to jump feet first!

Favorite exercise: Hiking, swimining

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Everything is as simple as you want it to be.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it over and over and over to everyone...

Comment

• Your location:
        Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Age (If you want):
        31 in August

How Primal are you:
        85% (I think). I modified most of the menu to suit what I could afford, as ingredients here are expensive.

Do you consume dairy:
        Yep. Mostly cheese and yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
        Black coffee w/o sugar. Sometimes with milk. Once in a while I take white tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
        I was morbidly obese. At my peak back in December 2011, I was 170kg (~350 pounds). Tried a lot of diet types but couldn't stick to it, always rebounding. After researching about primal diet, went for it. Going strong for 2 months now! Losing 5kg a month steadily, hoping to reach at least 120kg by September because I'll be moving to UK for studies, and I'll need to be able to walk a lot over there

Favorite exercise:
        Muay Thai sparring. My muay thai training encompasses every workout suggested, sans weightlifting. I want more lean muscles tho, not looking to bulk up.

Favorite Primal food:
        Any meat really.

Best part about being Primal:
        Not eating rice!

Worst part about being Primal:
        Not eating rice! LOL!

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Diet-wise = completely + a little dairy. Exercise-wise= 60% roughly

Do you consume dairy: A little, yes (milk in tea/coffee, and some cream)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Low energy, weight gain

Favorite exercise: Walking, "mating" , rambling, and strength

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, mushrooms, berries, macadamias

Best part about being Primal: More energy, inch-loss, lowered sugar cravings, improved sleep, mood and cognition

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to not overeat nuts! And a little teething issues with meat, as I was predominantely vegetarian for about 10 years - the energy is so worth it though.

Comment

• Your location: Virginia Beach, VA

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: A lot I think with the exception that I only eat Fish once a week, no meat.

Do you consume dairy: 1/2C. milk in the morning but thats it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: never

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanting to live a healthier lifestyle and wanting to drop about 30lbs.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: strawberries

Best part about being Primal: knowing I'm fuling my body without putting junk into it.

Worst part about being Primal: I've lost 1lb in 2 weeks

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Muskegon, MI

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: just started...loving it!

Do you consume dairy: cheese and 1/3 cup daily for my protein shake

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight and a better lifestyle!

Favorite exercise: tennis...don't play as much as I'd like. I "enjoy" Denise Austin 10 minute aerobics!

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!

Best part about being Primal: BACON!!! and it feels like a healthier lifestyle!

Worst part about being Primal: nuts are expensive...but when you're only eating a serving at a time, bag goes a long way!

Comment

• Your location: San Antonio, TX

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Just starting out. Nope, that's lie. I've been back and forth for the good part of a year, really wanna nail this thing, so I finally made an account.

Do you consume dairy: Yup. Get raw milk from a co-op when I can. Love it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Too much coffee...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to tie my shoes with my belly in the way.

Favorite exercise: Kettle Bells.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs....Coconut water

Best part about being Primal: We'll find out.

Worst part about being Primal: No Doughnuts?

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Want to be at least 95/5

Do you consume dairy: No (I have one box of organic milk go drink up to not waste but after that no dairy)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I knew something like this had to be out there, and it just makes sense so why not try it for a few years? Also, I don't want to be fat anymore, I just want to be normal.

Favorite exercise: Dancing, and I want to run so bad

Favorite Primal food: STEAK!

Best part about being Primal: I can eat like I actually want to!

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss rice

Comment

• Your location: Bristol UK

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: reasonably but not really started - awaiting the book in next couple days

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both but coffee is always black and ground

Motivator for switching to Primal: it appeals to me after losing 45lbs I'd like to see where it can take me

Favorite exercise: no Primal moves as yet undertaken, but I generally just walk briskly

Favorite Primal food: the meat I suppose!

Best part about being Primal: the results I see in others

Worst part about being Primal: getting it wrong in the early stages

Comment

• Hi, I'm Natalie!

Your location: newly arrived in Georgia, USA

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Just starting; I've had a fair few false starts, though.

Do you consume dairy: Yep.

Do you drink coffee or tea
                      : Not coffee; tea only rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight loss

Favorite exercise
                      : Turning on the computer...

Okay, seriously, I'm really, really out of shape and a lot overweight. I want to ride my new bike but it's still uncomfortable. When I was more fit, I enjoyed the elliptical and rowing machine, but now I want to get outside and try kayaking, hiking, and maybe...maybe even running. I'd love to ride a horse without worrying I'll break its poor back!

Favorite Primal food: Beef, I guess.

Best part about being Primal: Well, I can't answer that yet, but I know how awesome it feels to be healthy - eat healthy food and feel *good* and strong, so that's what I expect it'll be like, once I get there.

Worst part about being Primal: That would be getting started, especially as a stay-at-home, homeschooling parent whose children love all of the typical kid things, especially mac-n-cheese (I buy organic, at least!) and pasta. I also am really disorganized and cooking is always a last-minute, oops-I-forgot-to-plan-dinner affair, which means I rely too often on the stuff I'm trying to avoid (like pasta).

Comment

• Your location: Switzerland

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: not Super but Fairly Good.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in coffee, cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: looked interesting and uncomplicated.

Favorite exercise: sprinting

Favorite Primal food: ...bacon...

Best part about being Primal: I've got loads of energy, but when it's time to sleep I just crash out.

Worst part about being Primal: lack of chicken sandwiches.

Comment

• Your location:Florida USA

Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you:maybe 50% just learning about it and just getting started

Do you consume dairyne no sugar added yougert in the morning with my insulin

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee 2-3 cups

Motivator for switching to Primal:I weigh 330, am in a wheelchair because I need knee surgery, have other medical issues-all ultimitely tied to my weight-I am suffering, and I am tired of it.

Favorite exercise:walking (with a crutch is what I can do)

Favorite Primal food:fish,bacon, steak

Best part about being Primal:meat

Worst part about being Primal:I like sandwiches

Comment

• Your location: Reno

How Primal are you: 90% ish? Malbec is my weakness.

Do you consume dairy: Never

Do you drink coffee or tea: French Market with Chicory, black.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several months of debilitating gut misery recently, however all tests (and there were many) pointed to perfect health. No answers from medical community and was simply desperate to try anything to feel good again.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak, spinach & bacon.

Best part about being Primal: No bloating and pain, or tachycardia from grains & other foods my body doesn't like.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss the flavor of hummus and naan bread

Comment

• Your location: Texas

How Primal are you: I'm not. Multiple false starts over last 2-3 years.

Do you consume dairy: only cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee. Lots of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: generally feel like crap, both physically and mentally.

Favorite exercise: Triathlon and CrossFit.

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: Improved physical and mental health.

Worst part about being Primal: My complete inability to demonstrate any measure of willpower.

Comment

• Your location: Florida

How Primal are you: I'm not yet. I just discovered this stuff. I'm hoping to learn more about it and gather more information before I make a permanent decision

Do you consume dairy: yes, though not very often

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee every day (black), occasional iced tea with artificial sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to lose a significant amount of weight (at least 150 pounds), want to be healthier, want to be happier

Favorite exercise: hiking, swimming

Favorite Primal food: meat in general

Best part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet. I think it will be the weight loss and feeling better in general

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet

Comment

Working...
                                X