X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: St Louis MO

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Eat primal most all the time. Playing with the quantities of what I eat to loose and/or maintain weight.

Do you consume dairy: Still have cheese on occasion but believe that there is more harm in milk then there is health benefit.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup of coffee in the morning more because of the comfort. I can say if eating well I don't need it at all to wake up in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal:I did a diet that dropped the weight I wanted to loose and it was similar to primal, so I started using primal to maintain. Main motivation to keep primal is how great I feel!

Favorite exercise: Long hikes or walking as much as possible

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: How easy it is to actually be able to look at a food and say if I can or cannot eat it.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing yet. I do miss some foods but I like feeling better a lot more!

Comment

• Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Doing pretty well so far

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: trying to be more fit and healty, improve mental clarity, and hoping a positive side effect of that is weight loss!

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: BEEF for sure!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling filled up and feeling like I am making positive changes in my life

Worst part about being Primal: No pasta (

Comment

• My name is Manda.

Your location: Seattle, Washington

Age (If you want): 23 in July

How Primal are you: I strive for 100%, but with so many differing opinions on what is/isn't acceptable, I don't believe anyone truly achieves it.

Do you consume dairy: Clarified butter only, occasional hard cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No caffeine, aside from the occasional dark chocolate.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being healthy in body and mind; a smooth-running machine! I've seen previous ailments disappear almost instantly, and I'm constantly witnessing further progress towards absolute health.

Favorite exercise: Hot yoga. It can be rigorous and energizing, or sedative and cleansing. But it is ALWAYS a healing experience.

Favorite Primal food: MEEEEEEAT!

Best part about being Primal: The over-all sense of wellness, and the constant culinary adventure of primal cooking.

Worst part about being Primal: Weight gain. When I slip, I fall hard, due to a history of ED. So when I regress and cave to my sugar addiction, all the delicious fats I enjoy being primal get sent to storage.

I'm in it for the long haul, and I'm making slow, steady progress to being the best version of me there is! I haven't' started on my journal yet, but I intend to begin today, so visit me there if you'd like. It's so nice to be a part of an online community in which there is an abundance of information, encouragement, and camaraderie. Thanks, Mark! And thanks to everyone else who will be a part of my journey.

Comment

• Hello!
          My name is Melissa.
          I'm not sure if anyone actually reads these, but it feels like a good way to jump in. So...

Your location: Kansas City, MO

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Mostly. I enjoy the occasional pizza or ice cream.

Do you consume dairy: Yep! raw milk, cheese (cow, goat, sheep), yogurt. Cutting back for weight loss, though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee daily, some green & black tea, lots of herbal tea, chai (black + herbal! bonus yum)

Motivator for switching to Primal: treating my body as well as I can

Favorite exercise: yoga! also I am a gardener and landscaper and loooove being active as part of my life and work.

Favorite Primal food: steak, most definitely

Best part about being Primal: I don't have to strive for more vegetarianism. Embracing meat feels very freeing. Also, my family loves having meat, which means making dinner is much easier.

Worst part about being Primal: The discomfort of defining myself as "primal". I don't think I'll do it. I feel it obscures the messages my body is giving me about what is best for me to eat.

Comment

• Hi everyone. Been lurking and reading a ton over the past week or so, thought it was time to jump in.

Your location: Northern Nevada

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: 85-90% so far, working my way up

Do you consume dairy:A bit. Cream in my coffee and the occasional slice of grass-fed New Zealand sharp cheddar.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yep

Motivator for switching to Primal:I've been on a long journey for several years now. I think primal has been the destination I've been traveling towards all along. Happy that I've found what I've been searching for.

Favorite exercise:Long walks, rolls in the hay

Favorite Primal food:Roast chicken and BAS

Best part about being Primal:Feeling "at home", giving the finger to the man!

Worst part about being Primal:Tortillas and beans

Glad to be here!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: York, PA

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started, on week #2

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthier and try to contain my PCOS and insulin resistance

Favorite exercise: hiking and yoga

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: I have much more energy and I no longer crave sugar!

Worst part about being Primal: It's been a bit expensive; I'm hoping to find some tips and tricks to help with that. And also, no beer.

Comment

• Hi there! I'm Chelsea, butch, fantasy aficionado and cat owner.

Your location: Long Beach, CA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Diet is almost there, working on getting more sun and natural exercise. I'll be traveling to Italy soon, so you can bet I'll have pizza in Napoli, but otherwise I don't want to eat anymore refined flour.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes SENSE!

Favorite exercise: Squats, weight training with my new kettlebell.

Favorite Primal food: My steak and arugula salad

Best part about being Primal: no calorie counting, no more post-lunch crash, not feeling guilty about eating good quality meat, sunshine. Generally, a lot less worry!

Worst part about being Primal: No beer But I will live.

Comment

• Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): A lady never tells. Crap. I forgot. I'm not one. 42.

How Primal are you: I am primal Atkins, which means if Atkins and Mark had a diet love baby with amazing hair, she'd be me.

Do you consume dairy: I was born in Wisconsin. You tell me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been a low carber, so I'm seeing Primal as an Atkins-improved lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: That is so funny! Ha ha!

Favorite Primal food: Cheese

Best part about being Primal: There's never a boring moment

Worst part about being Primal: There's never a boring moment

Comment

• Hi! I'm Mandy and I'm on day 21 of doing Paleo

Your location: Omaha, NE

Age (If you want):34

How Primal are you: I've only been doing this three weeks, but I've been 100% committed during the week and have had some liquor on the weekends.

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Weight loss initally

Favorite exercise: walking/running

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal: Where do I even begin? I had NO IDEA I would feel this amazing simply by eliminating certain foods. I suspect I must have been allergic to carbs/sugar/or gluten but completely unaware of it until I detoxed my system of all of them. I wish I could scream it from the roof tops! I feel like I'm holding onto a secret or something

Worst part about being Primal: Listening to people's negative opinions about it

Comment

• Hi, I'm Melissa and I've been a sugar eater for a long, long time! But, I quit smoking and discovered walking/running/biking 2 years ago and have lost 83 pounds. I've been at a plateau for those lost 20 pounds for over a year and in my searching for a way to break the plateau, I stumbled on The Primal Blueprint and Here. I. Am.

Your location: North Carolina, USA

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Trying to do the 80/20 part but still weaning into it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but trying to limit to 1 or 2 servings per day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Have weaned coffee down to 1 cup and am trying to drink more green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to break plateau - but in my reading, I discovered this might be The. One.

Favorite exercise: Jogging

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!!

Best part about being Primal: Meat!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Losing dairy! WAH!!

I would love friends/support with others here! pretty please???

Comment

• Well hello there!
                        My name is Anita and I have just found the courage to register on the forum after having read MDA for a month now. Unfortunately I have had some health issues in the past from which I am just recovering, and I hope primal lifestyle is going to help me. I have just started a new exercise regime as well, and I feel ready to change my life for the better!

How Primal are you: I just started today, but I'm going cold turkey

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: I cannot live without tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanna become the best version of me possible and live a healthy, happy life

Favorite exercise: pushups, squats

Favorite Primal food: whole grilled chicken

Best part about being Primal: getting rid of calorie-counting, being able to eat delicious and nutritious food without feeling guilty

Worst part about being Primal: lack of support from my family and friends

Comment

• Hi all, a complete newbie here

How primal: don't really know, cause I'm just starting. I removed grains & legumes from my diet. I haven't eaten much sugar or processed foods anyway. I'm slowly bringing meat back to my diet after being vegetarian/vegan for some time. I will probably consume conventional meat & fish as organic is hard to find & very expensive in Poland. I will stick with organic veggies & eggs though

Dairy: yes, but I'm trying to cut down and I go with organic when possible

Coffe & tea: yes, both

Motivation for going primal: to get my energy back, not fall asleep after every meal and be able to stay lean & fit without being hungry all the time

favorite exercise: lifting weights and yoga. I hate cardio and am kin of scared of sprints, but I will give it a go

favorite primal food: shrimp and eggs

best part about being primal: don't really know yet, but it seems easier than being vegan

worst part: don't know yet

Comment

• Hi - total newbie here. 1 week ago today I attended a lunch time seminar at work about how 'stress-busting eating'. It has motivated me to reduce sugar intake and eat more whole foods. A few days later, I was introduced to MDA and primal eating by a coworker. Seems to be just what I need. I look forward to learning more and asking a ton of questions!

Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Just learning...

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: to be healthier, have more energy and lose weight

Favorite exercise: jogging

Favorite Primal food: cheese

Best part about being Primal: no counting calories!!

Worst part about being Primal: so far, getting my husband on board.

Comment

How Primal? I've only been doing primal for about three and a half weeks. I have not cheated with any processed foods, grains, or sugar. However I have had clarified butter in small amounts a few times. I do eat tomatoes (I noticed someone above posted that they ate no nightshades), which I love. I also ate some greek yogurt that I had in the fridge, twice, since starting.

Do I drink coffee or tea? I have some unsweetened ice tea about every other day.

Motivation for primal? I want to get healthy, lose weight, and not be hungry all the time. At age 51, I don't want to wait any longer!

Favorite Primal Food: Coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: My triglyceride count was over 700 about 6 months ago. A week before I started the primal blueprint, it was at 350 (due to medication, and some lifestyle changes) and my cholesterol was 195. After only 3 weeks of fairly strict adherence to the plan (still taking the medications), my triglycerides are 89 and my cholesterol is 119!! I am never hungry like I was when I was eating sugars, grains, and processed foods. I am looking forward to my doctor's appointment to see if I can get off the Simvastatin and Fenofibrate.

Worst Part About Being Primal: There is no negative aspect of the Primal Blueprint that matters enough to me to induce me to change what I'm doing. When my husband and I get together with friends, they look askance at my veggies and fruit snacks, and then try to scarf all my fruit!!

Comment

• Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Pretty much. No prepared foods, no grains, no sugar. No honey right now, either.

Do you consume dairy: I do eat some dairy (cream and some hard cheese, as well as butter).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two cups of coffee in the morning, with cream. That's it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost a lot of weight (about 60 lbs) years ago following a low-carb diet, which worked really well for me. I did get a lot of grief from various folks, though, who harped incessantly on the "restrictions" I was placing upon my foodstuffs and how unhealthy all the saturated fats and meat must be, and even how "thin" I looked (this was said disapprovingly by my spouse. Ouch.) Eventually, I caved to pressure both internal and external to conform and to "normalize" my eating, and returned to eating grains and starches. Follow that with a two-year experiment in vegetarianism, during which I put back every single pound, and it finally -- belatedly -- occurred to me that ... I was an idiot.

So, I ditched the grains and the high-carb, high-fructose stuff and found the Primal path. It makes perfect sense to me. I feel better already, better than I have in years. I'll be staying around, this time.

Favorite exercise: Snorkeling in the Caribbean. Unfortunately, that happens extremely rarely, so I have to get by with walking, hiking, and running.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I am no longer constantly hungry. I can fast easily, at least for reasonable periods.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of a single thing. I feel like a kid again.

Comment

Working...
                                X