X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location:
    Boston

Age (If you want):
    older than I look, unless everyone is lying to me.

How Primal are you:
    At the moment, 99%. (induction)

Do you consume dairy:
    not since I started.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    weight creeping back up. thyroid meds losing effectiveness obliged some research, the whole hypothyroid/gluten/casein link was disconcerting. Also, had a contract at a site where Paleo was so popular they offered daily options for employees. (including a stir-fry station, omg).
    So, decided to try paleo/primal for lent. (stopped calling it paleo after I noticed this was site I was checking most).

Favorite exercise:
    running. at least, it's what I do most often. (other than walking, I guess). rowing when in season.

Favorite Primal food:
    not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal:
    too soon to tell. there's been some weight loss, possibly less chronic pain, but... I haven't tested that theory yet.
    ironically cheaper on the food budget, since I go out to eat a lot less now.

Worst part about being Primal:
    having to eat alone, or otherwise turn down people's food.
    finding out how many things contain hidden wheat.

Comment

• Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: About 1 week in

Do you consume dairy: Raw milk in my tea, though I'm starting to substitute with cream now, cottage cheese. That's about it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Drink both, but limit to two cups in total per day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Experiencing burnout through overtaining, weighing and measuring food, fatigued, starting to see increase in niggling injuries, sick of training and nutrition programs and being so regimented, and led to believe the only way I can stay lean is a high volume and intensity of training. Over it! Sick of being a gym rat and eager to get outside and overall to enjoy life and lead a more intuitive and deeply rewarding and satisfying lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: Don't know yet.

Favorite Primal food: Fresh Salmon (baked with salt and pepper...mmmm)

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Comment

• Hi I live in England and from one of the forum they mention Dr Jack Kruse and I'd like to follow his advice.

I've been reading his blog is amazing all the thing is done. I'm ready start so I'd like to ask some questions?
        Thanks
        Mery

Comment

• Your location: COLUMBIA SC

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: NEWBIE

Do you consume dairy: YES. I DRINK MILK.

Do you drink coffee or tea: NO.

Motivator for switching to Primal: DIAGNOSED WITH HYPERTENSION AND HIGH CHLORESTEROL(sp) (HDL). I'M JUST NOT CONTENT WITH WHERE I CURRENTLY AM PHYSICALLY.

Favorite exercise: JUST STARTED CROSSFIT AND I LOVE PULL UPS.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT! LOL

Best part about being Primal: THE FACT THAT I CAN EAT MEAT AND NOT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT.

Worst part about being Primal: FINDING SUGGESTED FOODS THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE BESIDES MEAT. I'M A VERY PICKY EATER.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:

Hey all, I'm Ali, just introduced myself on the other page, but figured I'd do this one too

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you: Ideally, 100%, minus one day a week. Recently, more like 60%, which is why I'm joining the forum more actively to get some communal encouragement

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream with coffee, and grass fed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:iced coffee. daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, not just to be 'ripped', though that is a goal, but to keep the wear and tear on my right knee, which was surgically repaired acl and meniscus tear 10 years ago, as functional and non-arthritic as possible.

Favorite exercise: soccer, and kettle bell swings, presses and snatches.

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef or lamb, scallops and shrimp, and duck breasts

Best part about being Primal: Rosecea clears up, no gut cramps, knee feels 100x better and can play running sports like soccer and basketball 2-3 times per week, as opposed to 1 time and swelling like a balloon. Plus, all the great food I've learned to cook. Going from 36 inch pants to 32 (on my way to 30)!

Worst part about being Primal: Pretty much living without basmati rice, being that I'm Persian.

Comment

• Originally posted by timconradinc View Post
              In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Connecticut

Age (If you want):48

How Primal are you: Just starting the journey

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal:Want to finally lose that 10 lbs and become more lean and toned. Also want to enjoy food without all the guilt and diets.

Favorite exercise:yoga, walking

Favorite Primal food: Coconut, macadamia nuts

Best part about being Primal:Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal:
              Not so easy when eating at friends homes

Comment

• Your location: Currently, North Florida

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: brand spankin' new, have not started yet. (help is welcome!)

Do you consume dairy: Yes but my goal is to eliminate most if not all.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. Loooove me some Starbucks! (I'm from Seattle, what can I say??)

Motivator for switching to Primal: As I get older (I know, I'm only 27 but it feels very different from 20!) I am finding it harder to lose weight. I don't get enough sleep and have minor shoulder inflammation. I read that the primal diet may be able to help by eliminating grains that cause wakefulness and joint inflammation.

Favorite exercise: Soccer! If I could afford it I would play every day!

Favorite Primal food: meat, in general (I could never be vegan!)

Best part about being Primal: Guess I'll find out!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a self-diagnosed chocoholic. We'll see how that goes...

Comment

• Oh hai I'm new

Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 80+%

Do you consume dairy: Only butter, cheese is very rare.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was vegetarian/vegan for 7 years, because I thought it was the healthiest lifestyle. About a year ago I figured out that I was weak and depressed, so I did some research and my sister told me about the primal lifestyle. I was pretty shocked that an evolutionary diet had never occurred to me before, considering I was a biologist focused on evolutionary biology. I finally made the switch completely about 3 months ago, and I've never felt healthier or stronger in my life.

Favorite exercise: Push ups in all variations.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon of course.

Best part about being Primal: How strong I am now. I was never able to do push ups from my feet before, and now I do at least 40-50 a day, the sole reason being that I love doing them.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to people. Coworkers always bring in donuts or other junk and never fail to question me about why I won't have even one, but I eat bacon almost every day, which in their minds is just as unhealthy. I'm like, "Look at you and your big belly and look at me! There's your proof!"

Comment

• Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both - daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: having to cook

Comment

• Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Moderately strong

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally (not daily)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthy and control my weight

Favorite exercise: Tennis, running

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: No more bloating or worry about weight gain

Worst part about being Primal: Difficult to eat out, but I have Celiac Disease, so it's almost always difficult for me to eat out anyway

Comment

• Your location:
                        Edmonton, AB Canada

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: still in transition. Grain-free now with the exception of rice, but the rest is still happening.

Do you consume dairy: yes, but I will most likely eliminate that from my diet soon enough

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes for now, but it will go soon too.

Motivator for switching to Primal: just makes sense. trying to get back-to-basics in all aspects of life, and this just clicks.

Favorite exercise: karate

Favorite Primal food: steak. Gotta love them steak.

Best part about being Primal: feels good.

Worst part about being Primal: grocery shopping is significantly more difficult

Comment

• Your location: Amarillo, TX

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes yes, sometimes I go for days without

Do you drink coffee or tea: Vary rarely with coffee, but yes to tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Actually, one of my coworkers got me interested

Favorite exercise: Squats! All day, everday

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy to hang out with my fun daughter!

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating what my daughter does.
                          Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

• Your location: Pavlovo

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: relatively primal, though I still consume dairy and quite a few carbs in starchy vegetables, potatoes and rice, I also don't do IF

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both: coffee a couple of times a week, I drink palefulls of grean tea - something that I'm thinking of cutting down

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight. I remember I found Mark's blog by searching for no poo movement

Favorite exercise: pull-up - I cannot do any, but really want to, just hanging from the monkey bars is exhilirating already

Favorite Primal food: sweet potatoes, coconuts and eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling great, good energy

Worst part about being Primal: knowing that a lot of people around are slowly killing themselves by eating sugar and other non food

Comment

How primal am I?: Right now I'm just researching. I know I have a horrid carb and grain addiction and it has left me miserable and feeling hung over every morning. It has completely sabotaged any attempts to improve my body and lower my body fat ratio.

Do I consume dairy?: So far, yes. I'm cutting down though.

Coffee or tea?: both

Motivator: as mentioned above, I'm looking into solutions for my food addictions.

Favorite exercise: jumping on my rebounder

Favorite primal food: I don't know yet.

The rest I can't answer yet. All I can say is, I'm here to learn and get help. I feel awful and I'm tired of feeling hungry or stuffed beyond comfort. I'm obsessed with food and completely addicted to grains and sweets. I have no energy and I don't know what the answer is just yet. I think I may have a bit of an idea though. Yesterday I fasted during the day with coconut oil and felt great. Once I broke my fast the grain cravings hit me hard. Today I'm doing the same thing but not having any carbs tonight to see if it helps. I have a few pounds to shed. About 10 if I could figure out how. I'd like to drop body fat from 26 to 18. That would be awesome. But most importantly I want freedom from food obsession and addiction.
                              Staring weight-160 (Dec '11) * Current weight-145 * Goal weight-130

Primal since March '12, dairy free (except butter), no fruit, no sweeteners, 50 carbs average daily

Comment

• Your location:Galway! Ireland

Age (If you want):28

How Primal are you: Hmmm....probably 90% +

Do you consume dairy:Only drop of milk in Tea

Do you drink coffee or tea:Tea, sometimes Green

Motivator for switching to Primal:To be healthier.....

Favorite exercise:swimming, walking the prom on sunny days!

Favorite Primal food:Primal Blueberry Pancakes..yum

Best part about being Primal:loosing 10lbs without even trying!

Worst part about being Primal:sugar not being good.....i really am a fan of choclate..but switching to 85%!

Comment

Working...
                                X