X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: St. Louis, Mo

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: On good weeks, 100%; on not-so-good weeks, more like 50-60%

Do you consume dairy: Nope, been allergic to it for years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaff of either

Motivator for switching to Primal: It is the only thing that has ever stabilized my mood. I have a history of depression that goes back to my childhood, and eating paleo is the only thing that has ever helped. I think it has more to do with balancing the fats than carbs though, from my own trial and error.

Favorite exercise: cycling. I can't even imagine calling it exercise, but I hear others call it that. I just consider it something I can't live without.

Favorite Primal food: grass fed burger. Two weeks ago, this was literally the only meat I ate for six days. I also have a thing for tomatoes. Together, these things are unstoppable.

Best part about being Primal: Always feeling amazing.

Worst part about being Primal: it is very difficult to stress eat on, and I have trouble with the whole stress eating thing.

Comment

• My Location: Louisville KY
      How Primal are you: I would say that I am about 50% - I started 2 months ago and am trying to implement a few new concepts each week.
      Do you consume dairy: Yes, for now - plain greek yogurt, hard cheeses, half and half
      Do you drink coffe or tea: Yes, coffee in morning (because I like it) and sometimes decaf green tea at night if I am craving something sweet.
      Motivator: I hurt my back and was unable to be active for a while - gained weight. PT has me back moving again and I am trying to be heathy, active, and lose some weight.
      Favorite exercise: Starting slow, elipical and body-weight exercises.
      Favorite Primal food: I have a long list, but just had califlower pizza crust for dinner that was great!!
      Best part about being Primal: No heartburn, no crankiness, no hunger or misery - lost 17 pounds since the first of the year.
      Worst part about being Primal: I still crave diet cokes - will it ever stop???

Comment

• My location: Seattle, WA
        How Primal are you: 80%
        Do you include dairy: Some but not a lot. Raw cream, butter, cheese.
        Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes
        Motivator: I feel much better physically, emotionally and mentally when I eat this way
        Favorite exercise: hiking, swimming, weights, housecleaning
        Favorite primal food: eggs
        Best part about being primal: feel better in every way; knowing that I'm being good to my body
        Worst part of being primal: family and friends not on board. would be more fun to share it with others.

Comment

• Hi from Yorkshire, England

Hello!

I've been a bit of a lurker over the past few weeks and have finally managed to perve through the entire before and after thread and feel like I should introduce myself now.

My name is Kelly, I'm 23 years old and I am a full time Mum of two little girls aged 2 1/2 and 1 (had them close together)

I have always been overweight, maybe not obese but just always unhappy by the way I look. I'm 5'6 (nearly) and have always been the chubby friend, jealous of my lean friends who seemed to be able to eat anything when all I had to do was smell chips and I would put on weight.

The lightest I ever got was when I was about 16 and I got into BMX'ing and was doing it all day every day - even with filling my face on McDonalds sat on my bike seat I managed to get to about 8st10 (I ran into an old friend who was startled at my appearance, I mistakenly took his 'OMG how THIN are you?' for a compliment when really I looked awful)

My heaviest has to be now after two pregnancies have taken my toll and Christmas has just been. I weighed in at 11st 10 at the beginning of January. (not counting the weeks after pregnancy when I weighed up to about 13 stone as it was all water weight and dropped off quite quickly, I just can't seem to shift this christmas weight!)

I had finally had enough of feeling awful and have tried everything. My Mum has always pushed her self esteem issues on me and put me on all sorts of diets that would fix our weight problems, the one where you eat green beans and icecream and lose about 10lbs in a day - atkins, dukan, cabbage soup etc etc

I was surfing the net and found this and am instantly sold, I LOVE this lifestyle!

So I only meant to put a little bit but just wanted to give you all a bit of background and for you to understand I am pretty scarred from my bad food past (vegetables have only recently become part of my daily food!)

I have been doing this two weeks already and have seen some improvements and a full of questions that I will put to other parts of this forum.

Looking forward to putting my pics up on the before and after part!

Start weight - 164lbs
          Current weight (after two weeks) 159lbs
          Goal weight - 134lbs

Thanks for reading,

Kelly x

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Maine! (I love it here)

Age (If you want): almost 51 (how did that even happen, I feel 26 in my head still)

How Primal are you: I am guessing 85% but I will have to review this to see how accurate I am

Do you consume dairy: Rarely (some raw butter occasionally)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Chronic pain for 25 years

Favorite exercise: walking when I can,(chronic pain for 25 years)

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed beef or chicken (that we raise ourselves)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great! getting healthier day by day.

Worst part about being Primal: ( being tempted by my husband to eat stuff that isn't primal )

Comment

• Good morning, my name is Rosana Greco and I am new to the forum but not to the Primal teachings. Last year I went on a very strict regimen and I lost about 61 lbs pretty much by cutting carbs, processed foods and calories. Later last year I decided to explore more the Primal concept and started reading Mark's books as well as the Paleo Diet. I can say I have been eating primally for about 4-5 months but I have not seen any more weight loss which confuses me. I track my macronutrients and generally I stay within the 1400-1500 calories per day and definitely under 100 grams of carbs. I do work out a lot though and have lowered my BF significantly but still I feel that I should be losing more. I am about 5'8", 34 years old, 20% BF and I my weight fluctuates between 162-165 range. Ideally I'd like to be 150 and lower with 18% BF and that is the main reason why I went Primal. The body fat seems to go down, but not the weight. I track my food with the Fitness Pal app on my Iphone and only drink on weekends (a girl's gotta live!), I haven't given up all of my dairy but have restricted it to greek yogurt, a teaspoon of cream with my morning coffee and some cheeses. I work out 5-6 days a week doing different things: 3x I do a circuit with a trainer crossfit style, I play tennis once or twice and I do a barre or dance class, and always take a day off. Sometimes I just go for a walk around my neighborhood. Can someone please give me some advice of what I may be doing wrong? I feel that I am following the plan but not seeing the desired results. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Your location: Rochester, New York

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Been 2 weeks primal and have followed it about 95% of the time. I cut out all grains, processed foods, sugar and most dairy. The only processed food I have been having is Frank's red hot on my eggs

Do you consume dairy: No. I had been having trouble with it for some time now. I have a tiny bit of cheese now and then but I don't specifically seek it out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally both. Have never been the "I need a cup of coffee in the morning before I can function-type" but unsweetened iced tea sure hits the spot every now and then!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being unhappy with myself, to many jiggly body parts (especially at only 30), want to be healthier not just skinnier, sick of calorie counting, sick of spending hours at the gym only to not get results, just got out of a 6 year relationship where we didn't eat healthy. The timing of becoming single and starting this new lifestyle came along at the PERFECT time!!

Favorite exercise: Walking (used to only run/jog and would see people walking and think, "Come on people! Exert more effort!!") and now knowing that walking with occasional runs is fantastic!! I'm also starting to like pushups!

Favorite Primal foods: Uncured bacon, avocados, steak!!

Best part about being Primal: no calorie counting, points tallying, manuvering around the crowded inner isles of the grocery store, eating good healthy food and seeing results FAST!!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to tell others about this lifestyle and knowing they won't adapt it. Seeing loved ones still consuming processed foods despite everything you've educated them about.

Comment

• Hello Everyone!

I'm from beautiful Midcoast Maine. I'm a fit 54.

I'm 90% primal in diet, 60% in exercise.

Yes, I eat dairy. I love dairy foods. I love milk, cream, plain locally made yogurt and cheese. Despite my love for them, I am gearing up for reducing or eliminating them, as an experiment. I have given up milk, and switched to cream in my coffee only in the morning. Also given up the yogurt to see what happens.

I drink coffee in the morning and many cups of black tea all day. Switching to herbal for the afternoon now.

I switched to Paleo first, then Primal. My motivation was , first, pain, second weight. Since starting this new diet, my pain has been basically erased!

Skiing, unfortunately! We have had so little snow this winter. It's snowing now, so I am trying to type this fast! I also like hiking, swimming at the Y or in lakes, canoeing, walking. I do tote some heavy things during gardening. Mostly my exercise is 1 to 9 miles jaunts at a reasonable speed. My goal-to summit Katahdin for the first time.

My favorite Primal food, no doubt about that! Bacon! I'm lucky my second favorite is Swiss Chard.

The best part about being Primal is how great I feel: energetic, happy, and pain-free! losing the hunger and cravings that plagued me when I ate grains.

The worst part is seeing how far I have to go to be as fit as I wanna be. Although I am fit, I could be fitter. I've lost 15 pounds and would like to lose another 15.

Comment

• Your location: Denver, CO, USA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Started on Primal Blueprint in January after a recommendation from a friend, and reading Mark's book. I've been gradually getting stricter over the last couple of months.

Do you consume dairy: Half 'n Half and good parmesan

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been overweight since college, and although gradually fighting my way back down from 280lbs (now 220), I've never quite found anything that worked well, or that I could stick with. Experimentation with low-carb diets seemed to give me better results, but watching a friend of mine turn from an 'ok' fit guy into a lean, and ripped monster gave me the motivation to try this out. As a bonus, my wife is doing this with me and also seeing good results so far. The other reasons are also health related - I have asthma, pretty bad allergies, and 5 years ago was diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome. I'm hoping to see some improvement in these conditions by going primal.

Favorite exercise: Cycling, kettlebells

Favorite Primal food: red meat

Best part about being Primal: After two months, I feel better than I have in years. I'm losing weight, gaining muscle, and my friends and family are starting to notice.

Worst part about being Primal: I seem to have developed a serious sensitivity to sugary foods. I don't see any 80/20 eating of such foods in my future. I ate a dessert for a special occasion night out and was seriously sick for the next 36 hours or so. Yesterday, I stupidly did it again by downing a couple of energy gels before a long (28 mile) bike ride, and once again my entire gut is severely irritated today. I need to plan better.

Comment

• wow, I do not follow directions well. I've also been known to run with scissors, but rest assure, i do play well with others!

The Questions:

Your location: Eastern Oregon

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: chest thumper (low carb diet since 1984/Primal Blueprint/Mark's Daily Apple about a month)

Do you consume dairy: yes, I use half and half in my coffee daily

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, a cup of coffee daily/herbal tea through out the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: feeling healthy, I wanted a healthier alternative to the typical Adkins type diet

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Big Ass salad with chicken and all the fixins

Best part about being Primal: Not having to think about what to eat.

Worst part about being Primal: I grew up on PB&J's :P

Comment

• Your location: Somerset, MA USA

Age (If you want):26

How Primal are you:Just started reading the book

Do you consume dairy:Not really I can't stand cheese and will not drink milk. I only like yogurt and low fat cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: I need to cut down on my coffee addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: The healthiness of it and weight loss. I'd like to teach my step-daughter the correct things in life so she doesn't turn out like my husband and I both being over weight.

Favorite exercise:Zumba, horseback riding or walking

Favorite Primal food:Steak

Best part about being Primal:Haven't really gotten into it completely yet

Worst part about being Primal:Haven't really gotten into it completely yet

Comment

• Hi,
                          I'm just getting started, the book should be here any day but I got much info from this site. I'm 37, 5'8'', and 71 kg - used to be 65 before having kids. I am looking to drop that dimply swim ring, stop that sneaky yearly increase in weight, and to regulate my blood sugar so I can be an even-tempered poised lady in fluttery white clothes, despite the 24/7 chaos around me.

I've been doing the Good Mood diet and it was absolutely great for my (and the entire families) mood, but too complicated to keep up between the little kids and all (me being lazy). So I found this, and looked good, most seem very happy. I have started out, didn't have much grain and carbs for a long time already. And now I will gather the shred of my fluttery gown around me and head down into the forum and post my first "help me!!" thread. Things are not going so well, unfortunately.

Comment

• The Questions:

How Primal are you: Just started, trying "meat only" for a week or two

Do you consume dairy: Half & Half in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above :c)

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife and kids, and wanting to be there for them, completely...

Favorite exercise: Um...er...have to wait and see on that one. I've never been one for exercising much...

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!

Best part about being Primal: Leaving out grain products for a short time in Iraq gave me fantastic energy. I felt better that I ever did. I'm hoping to build on that now that I've decided to fully commit to this lifestyle change.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm sure I will miss pizza, yeast rolls, pasta, and other foods at the beginning; but I know that I will be able to "indulge" moderately once I've reached my goals, and it will be like a family or high school reunion on those occasions...Wonderful at first to see everyone again, but once I've had my fill (and fun), I know I can go another long stretch without them. :c)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I first read Primal Blueprint in July 2011, while in Baghdad, Iraq. I stopped eating grains and really felt the difference it made. When I got back home, I reverted back to my old eating habits.

After getting some not-so-happy results from my latest blood work, I decided that I really needed to change the way I was eating, and living my life.

I've read quite a few books about Primal/Paleo, and have been a semi-avid troll of MDA since first reading The Primal Blueprint, and I feel that I have a pretty good idea of what I need to do.

I decided to begin in relatively dramatic fashion, by eliminating everything and eating only meat for the first week. Mostly just to see if I could do it, but also to test a theory that I have about "tricking" my body to change from a carbohydrate needing to fat burning machine.

I started my carnivorous, extremely-low-carb approach on March 4th 2012, and plan to keep it up for at least one week, but might shoot for two. I then plan to introduce vegetables, for their nutrients and fiber, until I reach my initial goal weight of 220 lbs.

I'm starting at 255 lbs, completely out of shape, with 268 total cholesterol (160 LDL, 29 HDL, 513 Trig). I'm hoping to reach my initial goal of 220 lbs by by birthday in October. Ultimately, I would like to get down to 190 lbs, which should be almost ideal for my 6'1" frame.

More to come later...Wish me luck, and Grok On!

Comment

• Курсы по вид

Раньше говорили "это нетелефонный разговор", а теперь говорят "это разговор не через аську, позвони мне..."

Видеокурс adobe flash cs5
                              Видеомонтаж в sony vegas pro 8.0
                              Интерактивный самоучитель
                              Adobe premiere pro 1.5
                              Самая лучшая программа для видеомонтажа

Comment

• The Questions:

Age: 30, flirty, and thriving (kidding - not that flirty)

How Primal are you: Just peeking in the door at this point - I've been eating (or attempting to eat) a low carb diet for the past year and a half

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I try to control it (yogurt is a weird trigger for me)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! Both! Mmmmm...

Motivator for switching to Primal: Although I'm about 3 pounds away from the tip top range of a healthy BMI, I am 35% body fat, and I know that's not good. I really want to not only lose weight, but also change my body composition. I've been stuck with no weight loss for several months now, and it's really wearing on me. I'm hoping that a switch will mix things up and get me back on track.

Favorite exercise: Snowshoeing, skiing, sprinting, swimming...almost anything

Favorite Primal food: Coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: Improved fitness levels (I hope)

Worst part about being Primal: The main thing that has been holding me back - I can't seem to get grass fed meat here knowingly. And so far, Primal feels more complicated than Atkins. But, I have high hopes.
                                Female, 5'7"

Primal SW: 74.4 kg
                                CW: 73.4 (3/12/12)
                                GW: 61 kg
                                BF: 35%

Comment

Working...
                                X