Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Merry old England, Yorkshire to be more precise.

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Primal light at the moment, but only been going a few weeks, all grains and sugar, still doing dairy (much less though not having daily porridge) and some pulses with meat as money is tight and food is bloody exspensive in the UK, also eating a fair bit of fruit, but a lot less than I used to as I find I don't have room for it anymore with what I am eating.

Do you consume dairy: Yep, cream, butter, good strong crumbly cheddar, yogert etc, I reckon we were looking after animals long before we settled to agriculture, so maybe that makes me somewhere between stone age paleo and agriculture?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffe with cream is awsome and keeps me full for several hours if I get a pit peckish, and of course I drink tea, I'm english we cease to function without at least 5 cups of stong stong tea, every hour, spash of milk no sugar though

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several friends have done it, lost loads of weight and feel great, so did some reading and the whole thing just 'clicked' in my mind and made sense.

Favorite exercise:Been loving sprints, it's just such a buzz to run like a complete mental flat out, also enjoying walking at night with my baby girl strapped to me in a sling, proper tribal style, makes her sleepy and keeps me fit ;D

Favorite Primal food: It's all so tasty, winter stuff at the moment is going down well, roasted roots, slow cooked stews, chicken and veg soup, leeks and winter cabage, I'll probably be feasting on stawberrys in june and gorging on blackberrys in the woods come september (probably grok squating naked so I get them all to my self as well as it being truly primal)

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much healther already, dropping a stone (14lbs) in 3 weeks helps that I'm sure.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing bad so far.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• Your location: West Linn, Oregon, USA

Age (If you want): 35ish

How Primal are you: I'm just getting into it, so lets say 10%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, should I???

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I limit myself to 4 cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Not falling apart at such a young age, my 2 year old son, and helping to maintain a healthy family.

Favorite exercise: hmm, since I was an Army guy I guess P/U and S/U are normal, but I wouldn't say favorite, lol...

Favorite Primal food: still looking for good stuff and trying to figure it all out

Best part about being Primal: no responce yet

Worst part about being Primal: no responce yet

I also posted another intro post with more details...

Comment

How Primal are you?: 1 week into the diet. Probably 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Unsweetended ice tea

Motivator for switching to primal: Mid-life crisis!LOL! I want to look and feel good for many more years.

Favorite exercise: bodyweight exercises, short intense workouts.

Favorite primal food: Meat! Steak, venison, pork, chicken, seafood, etc.

Best part about being primal: Not sure yet, hopefully looking and feeling great.

Worst part about being primal: I love bread!

Mark>>>>------------------>

Comment

• Your location: People's Republic of California

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 90% +

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely, less than once a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: once or twice a week I have iced tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health, have been fat since first grade. My disposition motivates me to question conventional wisdom on every level and I only recently came across Primal Blueprint as an alternative to my Dr.'s failed advice.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Aside from the satisfaction of going against the grain, something I really get off on, it is easy to stay full and still maintain a calorie deficit for the day.

Worst part about being Primal: The morning after the first day I woke up sore all over and there have been minor headaches. Nothing alarming.

Comment

• Your location: Washington

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Eh, so-so. I like my sprouted Ezekiel Bread in the morning. So kill me.

Do you consume dairy: Raw, whole milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never coffee, often mint tea or Yerba Mate

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband (a.k.a. Knifegill) got into it, and it makes
            logical sense. Eat the foods weíre made to eat and exercise the way weíre
            made to exercise. Iíve always hated taking vitamins and medications. I figure God
            didnít make me to eat vitamins; He made me to eat food, so Iím going to eat
            the food that my bodyís made to thrive on.

Favorite exercise: Chasing my students at recess

Favorite Primal food: Loving the salmon!

Best part about being Primal: My husband doesnít bug me as much

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to people that, yes, I eat liver.

Comment

• ?? ???? true.I ????? ??? ?? ??????? ?????, ???? ?? ?? ???????? ?? ??????? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???? ???? ?????

Comment

• Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: I'm a beginner, so I still question some of my choices -- 100% for effort!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, grass-fed butter and organic heavy cream (with my decaf coffee).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, decaf on both (1 cup of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of tea at night)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to kick my sugar addiction and lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Strength training with free weights.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: My sugar cravings are going away!!!

Worst part about being Primal: I really miss ice cream (because I'm so new to the primal lifestyle). I'm going to buy an ice cream maker and make my own this summer!!

Comment

• Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: I've just started on it, but fully embrace it and the ideas behind it as I'm studying evolutionary anthropology as part of my course and the book is therefore invaluable to my lifestyle and academia!

Do you consume dairy: I'm trying to get ahold of someone who can get me raw milk as I love and miss milk after only two weeks and the best they have in supermarkets near me is 'unhomogenised' which I thought was promising, but later realised it's probably just something to do with breeding. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be much appreciated! =D

Do you drink coffee or tea: Did, but am insisting, at least for my first 4 weeks, on sticking solidly to the diet to experience the full effects of it as motivation to continue forward.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to keep fairly in shape and at the same time not have to tire myself out as I've got studies to bare in mind also and my previous regime did not give me the energy I needed.

Favorite exercise: Strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Nuts atm. Terrific snack and have kept me off the sugars.

Best part about being Primal: I've started taking an interest in making my own meals. Subsequently, I love my food. :P

Worst part about being Primal: Nights in with the lads featuring little more than beer, Ben and Jerry's and pizza's may have to be dropped...

Comment

• Your location:

Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you:

Reasonably. Fivefinger/barefooting for about 18 months, reformed chronic cardio. Recently cut out grains and sugars from diet but my diet is not Primal from what I've read here.

Do you consume dairy:

Cheese, cheese, cheese and, oh yes. Cheese. And butter, for cooking.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Double espresso or nothing (and it's gotta be a good one)

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Switching no, more of a gradual transition. Listening to my body followed by Diet Delustion (aka Good Calroies Bad Calories) followed by reading Primal Blueprint followed by Your Body is your Gym. I like many sources of information.

Favorite exercise:

Toss up between walking and cycling. I do enjoy running but with time constraints YBIYG seems the way to go (starting Sunday)

Favorite Primal food:

Steak. Juicy juicy steak usually with zuchini, onions and mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal:

No mid-adternoon sugar crash!

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE]

Currently, thinking far too much about it. I don't think being on here's going to help that :P

Comment

• Your location: Western Washington

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Started 8 days ago, have lost 8 pounds so far, I'm digging it!

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: About 2-3 cups of coffee per day. (Is that bad?)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm tired of buying larger & larger pants, plus I can't see my feet anymore due to my belly!

Favorite exercise: Long distance hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak & eggs

Best part about being Primal: I'm pissing off co-workers who are “dieting” by eating miniscule amounts of carbs, while I chow on meat!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer!
                      Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
                      Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
                      Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

Comment

• I am not thin by any means (and a mom), but making progress and an effort to reverse it. You just see the trend in observations and realize there is nothing you can do to help them (especially when they are strangers).

Comment

• Originally posted by coit105 View Post
                          Do you consume dairy: I'm trying to get ahold of someone who can get me raw milk as I love and miss milk after only two weeks and the best they have in supermarkets near me is 'unhomogenised' which I thought was promising, but later realised it's probably just something to do with breeding. If anyone could help me out with this, that'd be much appreciated! =D
                          Unhomogenized milk has nothing to do with breeding ... it's better for you than homogenized, though not quite as good as raw milk as it is still pasturized.

Homogenized milk essentially removes the fat molecules that cause the cream to rise to the top. Unhomogenized milk is what used to be consumed by your parents and grandparents, and so on ....

So if you miss milk, having a bit of unhomogenied milk should be just fine ... wish I could find it here.

I found this article that helps explain the difference.
                          "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

Comment

• Your location: Georgia, USA

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: diet only, mostly. will be purchasing some form of minimal running shoes in the future, so there's that.

Do you consume dairy: god, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: currently running on coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing my gut, body recomposition. nothing else has ever worked for me. I've been "husky" all my life, and was ready for a change. oh yeah, being healthy is nice too.

Favorite exercise: I love swimming! currently I have seasonal effective disorder. no gym with a pool/warm weather and a large body of water = a sad silentpost.

Favorite Primal food:to be cliche, bacon! I seriously eat it at least once a day.

Best part about being Primal: feeling good in my clothes

Worst part about being Primal: all the money spent buying a new wardrobe

Comment

• Your location: Alexandria Va

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: B-B+ on most fronts, working on getting better. Off the wagon totally at Christmas!

Do you consume dairy: only light cream in tea and cheese to make eggs palatable

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - mostly decaf darjeeling

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hate weighing my food. I've done it all - Eat Right for Your Type (very good success - but that was in 99) - I'm a Blood Type O+ FWIW. Zone (Jan-May 2009) some success. And I've been running closer to Primal/Paleo since last Sept when the last chip eating teenager left to seek his fortune. If you know alot about these diets... it really is just a progression. ERFYT pegs me as a HG decendent who shouldn't eat gluten grains or dairy..

Favorite exercise: I do love to run - about 3mi. I also Crossfit, but an injury/surgical repair to my foot has kept me from getting back to the Oly lifts like I would like

Favorite Primal food: - really? seriously? this is a question? GRASS FED BEEF!!

Best part about being Primal: The idea that it is more lifestyle than food. That you have to wake up and pay attention to how you relate to your environment to be able to optimize your health

Worst part about being Primal: feeling sad about our health care system, our food system, and the number of people who are hopelessly addicted to food and lifestyle habits that are killing them... and it is going to cost all of us with our new universal "health" care

Comment

• Hey everyone, couple month lurker and first time poster!

How primal are you? Currently between 80%-85% I believe. Most everything i eat is primal, just maybe not grass fed or organic. Also still drinking diet coke.

Do you consume dairy? I will have some dairy products like yogurt in the morning or have some Kern's Gold grass fed butter!

Do you drink coffee or tea? Havent needed coffee since i've been primal, energy for days!

Motivator for switching to primal: Lose the extra weight around the mid-section, gain lean muscle, and get rid of my grain induced headaches (working so far!)

Favorite exercise: Simple bodyweight exercises or going for a nice, sunny hike!

Favorite Primal Food: Primal Omellete!!!

Best Part of being primal: No longer having severe, medicated headaches! Having more energy than I know what to do with; waking up for class in the morning with no need for coffee to boost my morning!

Worst Part of Being Primal: In reality, nothing. Anything that I miss about CW would simply be negative to my progress. I used to eat pasta with either lunch or dinner, but I'm learning they caused my headaches, weight gain, and bloating!

Three months primal:
                                November 2011: 205 lbs.
                                Currently: 180-185 lbs

Grok on!

Comment

Working...
                                X