X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Sydney Australia

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: not very, reading and planning the 21 day diet to start on febuary

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lack of energy

Favorite exercise: Gardening

Favorite Primal food: Not Sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Eating new foods

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook

Comment

• Your location: Berlin, Germany

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm just starting. I have done two weeks of the Primal diet (I am a skinny fat type) coupled with Joe Defranco's WS4SB and there are dramatic changes in my energy levels and physical appearance.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - Milk with a morning coffee, cream with berries, butter in sauces for steaks and so on

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both - usually 1 or 2 small coffees a day, and teas (fruit teas or ginger/lemon tea) when I'm taking a break from the cold

Motivator for switching to Primal: I honestly believe that the vast amounts of misinformation over the past decades (eggs are bad because they have a lot of cholesterol! No wait, that cholesterol isn't the problem - saturated fat is the devil! No wait, actually eggs are fine! Resume consumption!) gets people worrying too much about sculpting a "healthy diet" as opposed to eating what their grandparents might have eaten. My grandfather would probably be unable to understand why I used to eat an entire tub of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie for "breakfast" when I was a student, and his inability to understand (on my view) is an indicator that I was doing something ridiculous (not that I needed that analysis - but I was just trying to show an example). I want to become Grok, essentially. That's the reason.

Favorite exercise: Jogging through rural Germany barefoot or in VFFs. Also - chinups, because for me they are so ridiculously challenging, and I like a challenge.

Favorite Primal food: Massive amounts of locally grown organic in season berries, since I have stopped processed carbohydrate consumption. I simply can't believe how great they taste!

Best part about being Primal: A new found savagery between the sheets.

Worst part about being Primal: I won't lie - I do miss pasta the most. I had just perfected my ragu bolognese, too. I'll try to figure out a way to enjoy my meat sauces without the pasta - perhaps in lettuce cups? Hah.

Nice to meet you all.

Comment

• Hi All!

I've just joined, although I found this website a few months ago and have been learning everything I can since then.

Your location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Age (If you want): 47, soon to be 48

How Primal are you: Very, only thing I can't always do is get good organic foods, not always available here at good prices.

Do you consume dairy: yes - no milk but cream, sour cream, butter and occassionally cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, drink no more than 4 cups of coffee a day, this is my one indulgence

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health. 5 years ago my husband and I discovered we had IBS, leaky gut and candida overgrowth. Took care of the candida, got a lot healthier and lost a lot of weight, but the IBS wouldn't go away and I have badly swollen ankles and problems with my knees. After lots of online research, I found the concept of low-carb eating and how it could help me, then I found MDA!

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb LAMB, LAMB! And cream. Wasn't able to eat either before I switched diets due to my IBS.

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry all the time, being able to eat things I haven't eaten in decades

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to other people

Comment

• Doctor Who fan also?
          My Primal Journal
          My Blog - Project Frankie/

Comment

• Hi all! I'm new so I wanted to fill this little doohickey out.

How Primal: I dunno. A bit? 75%? I don't eat much dairy as it is because I'm lactose intolerant and while I like carbs they don't hold an "OMG NOMNOMNOM" factor over me. My biggest downfall will be sweets. I LOVE sugar.

Dairy?: Sometimes. The past two days I have had a meaty egg veggie scramble with once slice of cheese for flavor. I love the flavor cheese lends things but I am not fond of a cheesy texture, IE super cheesy pizza.

Coffee or Tea?: Yes. I want to love tea but have never had a great experience with it.

Motivator: I HATE (violently hate, want to rip-throats-out-with-my-teeth-and-shake kind of hate) hearing "Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day" and the implication that I have to exercise my ass into oblivion to loose weight.

Favorite Exercise: Actually, walking I think. As a casual activity I really like disc golf and there is a large course in my town where I can sprint from "tee" to tee or jog slowly or whatever I want. Unfortunately, its winter and there's snow. I'm not much of a snow person.

Favorite Food: Chicken thighs. Ha, funny story: When I was young in a program called Head Start (for poor kids), the teachers asked us all what our favorite foods were. My mom told me that I was the only one who yelled "MEAT!" I love the juicy fattyness of chicken thighs. Mmm.

Best part?: Not being hungry all the time. Not being as tired. Being happier. More energy. Eating good food.

Worst part?: I love sugar. I will have to have a day a week to eat my favorite sugary things so that I don't binge during the week. I'm also wondering how I tell my coach about this. I started working out at a local gym doing super cardio workouts and he gave me one of those "5-6 small meals a day" diet plans and I don't wanna. My body says no. HELL no. How do I explain this?
            January 14th-306.2
            January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
            January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
            No, I'll fall.
            Come to the edge.
            No, it's too high.
            Come to the edge.
            I came
            She pushed
            And I flew

Comment

• I've been enjoying this forum since May 2011, so I feel like I should introduce myself.

Your location: Kentucky

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I'm doing a whole 30 right now, but usually 80/20

Do you consume dairy: I haven't for over 2 weeks and I feel better. I'm considering avoiding it even after the whole 30.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Healthy teeth. I discovered primal/paleo while hunting information about vit. D and K2 for oral health. I'm also a breastfeeding mother, and want to give my child optimal nutrition.

Favorite exercise: Strolling my dogs with a 25lb toddler on my back.

Favorite Primal food: coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: I've gotten rid of gum disease, and I can lose weight without obsessing over calories.

Worst part about being Primal: Wanting to tell the world about it, but being afraid that people will feel judged.

Comment

• Name:
                Steve

Your location:
                Montana

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you:
                was following Atkins and starting to phase over to this

Do you consume dairy:
                no milk, but lots of cheese types

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                want to lose belly fat, want high energy, and want to feel good

Favorite exercise:
                p90x

Favorite Primal food:
                eggs

Best part about being Primal:
                feeling better

Worst part about being Primal:
                figuring it all out correctly and changing my lifestyle habits

Comment

• Name: Paula

Your location:South Florida

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: A bit...more and more each day

Do you consume dairy: 1/2 & 1/2 in my morning coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee in the AM and love love love teas...herbal blends

Motivator for switching to Primal: i feel so amazing when i eat this way, no lethargy, no brain fog, lots of energy!

Favorite exercise: walking, running, weights

Favorite Primal food: oh wow, its got to be steak or maybe fish or could be the veggies...

Best part about being Primal: feeling really good every day! the weight loss is a HUGE plus and a very welcomed part of this. finding out that the foods i was eating previously were making me feel so bad in so many ways. i hope my family and friends see the positive changes of how i'm eating and will try to change their eating habits too

Worst part about being Primal: can't think of anything at the moment

Comment

• Your location:Brooklyn, NY

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you:Just learning, so for one day 100%! I don't think I have consumed this much protein in..well, ever.

Do you consume dairy:yes it coffee. I also have a passion for raw cheeses and goats milk feta. If giving it up for a while makes me feel good and I add it back and it doesn't, I would be willing to forgo the cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:both, religiously.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It makes sense. I have recently started growing a belly, I have no energy and I have become incredibly depressed. I am in school and I am having trouble focusing and waking up in the morning to start my day.

Favorite exercise:unstructured and I also love P90x(and kinda hate it at the same time

Favorite Primal food:beef

Best part about being Primal:Well, its only been one day but I would have to say the energy to clean the kitchen after making dinner. That. Never. Happens. I thought I was a pretty healthy person diet wise. I don't really love wheat products. I eat them because they are convenient. Its going to be difficult to convince my mother-in-law that I will not be eating pasta. She is Italian!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Aristotelian;684822]Best part about being Primal: A new found savagery between the sheets.

So, being Primal means having to put up with a bedbug infestation? No sir-ee, not for me then.

Comment

• Your location: Missouri, USA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I'd say 80 - 90%. I've eliminated essentially all dairy and legumes, but I eat certain grains on occasion for extra carbohydrate intake due to athletics. I also believe in having a couple cheat meals each month where I eat whatever I want regardless of content.

Do you consume dairy: I now cook with butter but that's about it, other than anything included in cheat meals.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink coffee but I do enjoy green or oolong tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am an avid runner and triathlete so I have always looked for ways to improve my nutrition to help performance. I came across Loren Cordain's Paleo Diet for Athletes, which I really enjoyed and experienced success upon using. My continued search led me here.

Favorite exercise: If I had to pick just one, I'd say running. I also enjoy weight training and, due to triathlon, swimming and cycling.

Favorite Primal food: Good ol' steak or chicken on a bed of spinach works every time.

Best part about being Primal: I simply feel better from the inside out. Overall athletic performance and recovery has improved, too.

Worst part about being Primal: Educating (and sometimes convincing) family members about the benefits of a Paleo or Primal way of eating.

Comment

• Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: close to 100%

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: some coffee, more tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and overall health plus I truly believe in this way of life

Favorite exercise: walking/easy running

Favorite Primal food: game meats such as venison

Best part about being Primal: the way my body and mind feel

Worst part about being Primal: what?

Comment

• Your location: Salt Lake City, Utah

Age (If you want): 50 year old female

How Primal are you: just started 1 week ago and so far 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes, yogurt and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee. My way of being a rebel in Utah

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to lose the fat! I bought Mark's ebook and read it over the holidays. It makes sense!

Favorite exercise: riding my bike!

Favorite Primal food: Beef!

Best part about being Primal: not having the gas after eating

Worst part about being Primal: Re-training my mind. Too many years of CW.

Comment

• Your location: North Idaho

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Just thinking about starting

Do you consume dairy: To and extent, I'm lactose intolerant and while it doesn't bother me, it does bother those standing in close proximity

Do you drink coffee or tea: Right now I'm stuck on those 3 dollar coffees in a can, gotta ditch those

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick and tired of being sick and tired

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Meat

Worst part about being Primal: I'm going to miss the breads

Comment

• Your location: VA

Age (If you want): early-ish twenties

How Primal are you: pretty much fully for the past 2 years, but I do consume raw dairy

Do you consume dairy: yes, but only raw (unpasteurized)

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal tea, my body hates caffeine

Motivator for switching to Primal: I just feel better this way. My body doesn't feel angry at me anymore.

Favorite exercise: vinyasa yoga

Favorite Primal food: prime rib (rare)

Best part about being Primal: no more anemia, and I'm not always cold

Worst part about being Primal: I find grab-and-go snacks challenging, and eating Primal at a hospital cafeteria (work) is virtually impossible
                                Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
                                www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Comment

Working...
                                X