Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This site is geared for the pure chicken and beef lover out there. WE look at exploring the light and heavy recipes of chicken and beef and create a few our selves. Join us !
    Beef recipes

Contact Us: Po Box 157 San Dimas, ca 91773
    E-mail: Contact@ufoodz.com

Comment

• Your location: Ansbach, Germany

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lean out for life.

Favorite exercise: Pull-Ups and most CrossFit workouts that are scaled.

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: I just feel better after a meal.

Worst part about being Primal: I think extended motorcycle tours in the desert may pose a problem. I'll know more on that next month after a run into Tunisia

Comment

• Your location: Geneva

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: I am getting as primal as I can, taking my time

Do you consume dairy: I occasionally consume cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink both white and green tea !

Motivator for switching to Primal: It is about being healthier and thus happier

Favorite exercise: It must be the sprint.

Favorite Primal food: I find avocado damn tasty for whatever reason. Get along with others primal food.

Best part about being Primal: Being lean, healthy and vibrant.

Worst part about being Primal: Loosing the multi-apple a day habit !

Comment

• Location- Maryland

Age- 24

How primal?- trying to be 80/20

Do you consume dairy?- yes but not much- creamer if i have coffee and cheese- it's my weekness

Do you drink coffee or tea?-yes and yes, but less coffee now that I have my new found energy. And I do love my herbal teas

Motivator to switching to primal- my sister got lymes disease and started to cut out carbs, starches, and sugar then stumbled apon mda. She urged me to read it and when I did it all clicked. I've been an anti low fat, diet kind of person forever and this all just made so much sense!! Eat real food!

Favorite excersize- hiking

Favorite primal food- bacon!

Best part about being primal- eating real food and not feeling bad about it!

Worst part about being primal- I havnt figured that out yet! I do love me some bagels though

Comment

• Greetings Fellow Primals,

Your location: Louisiana

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you:

My wife and I are pretty primal. I discovered this diet not long ago but fell in love with it immediately. We have 3 small children and are slowly converting them. We raise our own organic chicken and eggs, and are currently working on beef and pork!

Do you consume dairy: butter only (right now). May indulge in some cheese later

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaff coffee and tea (unsweetened)

Motivator for switching to Primal:

tried too many diets that didn't work. Hard to argue with the truth.

Favorite exercise:

Weightlifting, running, biking, anything outdoors!

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Not in bondage to the "low fat" tyranny any longer

Worst part about being Primal: Difficult when fellowshipping with friends and family

God Bless!

Comment

• Hi! Just signed in today. Won't be able to get the book until the beginning of next month, but there's no doubt in this carnivore's mind that this is the right course for me. Thought I would get the intro out of the way

How Primal: too early too tell :-)

Dairy: just cheese, once the holiday eggnog is gone (I know, but once a year
              ..)

Coffee/Tea: Have had occasional coffee-with-sweet-creamers binges. This will give me a good reason not to do that! Will probably be drinking more herb teas

Motivator: weight loss, and all around health (especially energy)

Favourite exercise: ugh. Actually, walks with my dog are fun.

Favourite Primal food: Meat!! Without the fat removed!!

Best part of being Primal: I get to eat food I love... and can share with my dog (the real Honey Bear). Also no carb highs and crashes.

Worst part: Don't know yet...

Comment

• Want to add that it is nice to find a place where I won't be considered weird for being a person who eats the burger and leaves the bun, eats the toppings off the pizza crust, and who eats the seasoned meat out of the pan before it even sees a taco shell. :-)

Comment

• Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I figured it was worth a shot since seeing coworker's results.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb, sauteed kale

Best part about being Primal: Delicious Food, NO CALORIE COUNTING! The weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to others (skeptics).

Comment

• Good Morning, Everyone!
                    I am new to this site and really enjoying the amount of information and activity that is available. In doing my research on this site, I have found a way of eating that would be considered very healthy and produce much needed weight loss. I have found the dynamics and formula that would foster objectives.

The Questions: In my research, I found several books that subscribe to the "primal/paleo" way of eating, yet like the low carb plans (Atkins, South Beach, etc.) they vary from one another. I'd like to do a comparison of the different variances. Could you tell me some of the subtle differences in other primal plans? (example: Book by Loren Cordain) Thanks.

Your location: Heart of Ohio

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: A smidgen of primal. Not as primal as I am about to become.

Do you consume dairy: No. Gave that up last summer on the advice of a doctor at The Cleveland Clinic

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Gave that up last summer on the advice of a doctor at The Cleveland Clinic. I know drink only DANDYBLEND. Which is a Dandelion root blend of herbs. Great for the body

Motivator for switching to Primal: Reversing some health issues and becoming totally fit by 50. Weight loss is part of the equation.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and dancing

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and Steak

Best part about being Primal: It's not a diet and you can actually eat

Worst part about being Primal: The absence of FRIED FOOD...my vice!

I am looking forward to learning and living this lifestyle for optimum health and vitality. My expiration date is 94 years old and I need to encourage every variable to make that a reality!

...and here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Washington state

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: pretty primal, don't know a percentage

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese, heavy creme in my coffee, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee, 2 cups or so a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Couldn't fit into my fishing waders, but just in general letting myself go.

Favorite exercise: Working out at the gym, doing a 5x5 routine.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs. Lots and lots, of organic brown eggs.

Best part about being Primal: The weight loss. Bought jeans 3 months ago, size 38 waist and lost 2 notches on my belt since.

Worst part about being Primal: Struggle to avoid sandwiches. I love sandwiches.

Comment

• Your location: Stockholm

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I do my best.

Do you consume dairy: Some - I use some butter and cream occationally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being constantly hungry and still carry around too much weight.

Favorite exercise: Heavy lifting and long hikes with my primal dog. Hate sprint training but do it anyways (can't deny the awesome results from that one)

Favorite Primal food: Elkmeat in any form, and deer and eggs, meat i hunt and gather myself it would seem?

Best part about being Primal: That I am allowed to eat when I'm hungry and skip meals when I'm not. That my workouts feels so much better and that I (and others!) can se some amazing results both musclegain and fatloss - I got killer shoulders as soon as I went primal, without actually changing my workoutroutine! Now I'm starting to catch a glimpse of what might be my abs - I'm never giving this up!

Worst part about being Primal: Well, In the beginning I had a wierd mourningperiod from the abscense of sugar. When I realized how good i felt without sugar I actually felt sad about the fact that I probobly wouldnt eat it again. Now I'm quite over the loss - the worst part right now are the not so understanding friends and relatives taht seems to think I will die from lack of candy and cookies.

Comment

• Your location: Orange County

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: probably about 80, but that's because of budget: can't afford organic/farm raised everything

Do you consume dairy: I'm avoiding it for my breastfeeding baby right now and, although I feel better too, I'd like to be able to cook with cheese and butter again someday.

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, and coffee in social situations

Motivator for switching to Primal: my husband switched a year ago and I went along with it but cheated a lot because I was pregnant (excuses) but I'm on board now because 1) Improved mental heath, 2) Improved energy, 3) Being a good example to my kids, and 4) my husband looks so good and I want to look good too!

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs, almond butter pancakes, coconut milk shakes

Best part about being Primal: knowing that I'm in charge of how healthy I am, and my husband cooks so much more now!

Worst part about being Primal: always having to explain why I'm eating/not eating something and the weird reactions I get. Makes me feel like a food snob a little bit.

Comment

• Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 31, will be 32 in three months

How Primal are you: In the early phases, probably 80/20, no grains/legumes in over three weeks, need to cut back excess nuts, fruits and dark chocolate

Do you consume dairy: full fat cream in coffee, butter and various cheeses- all from good milk sources

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mother to four young children, over weight from most recent baby, auto-immune disease (skin related), yeast,aches and pains, IBS... I feel like this Primal way of eating is the next step after following the Sally Fallon/ Weston A Price way of eating for five years (it was such an awakening and drastically improved our health- but the grains, even sprouted and fermented, need to go). I love how balanced this seems - nutrition, exercise and fun!

Favorite exercise: I love to run and lift, but I will take anything I can squeeze in... I love playing sports with my oldest child.

Favorite Primal food: Meat! Eggs! Coconut! Most veggies

Best part about being Primal: My guts feel good and I don't feel puffy (that was immediate)... too soon to tell... I've got about 40-50 lbs I'd like to shed, but I am nursing...so we'll see how this Mommy body reacts to all this... I truly do not miss the bread, cereal etc...

Worst part about being Primal: My husband is not very supportive, he feels like I have taken this food thing too far... My extended family also thinks I'm bonkers and that it's unhealthy to not eat grains/beans...it makes me frustrated! I think I have a sugar addiction - dark chocolate and coconut dates... I have a hard time stopping at one...

Wish me luck!

Comment

• Your location: Philadelphia, PA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 80/20. The 20 is mostly booze and drunken mistakes! (Although, I've gotten really good at having snacks handy for intoxicated evenings! Bacon and almonds...mmmmm, a drunkards cuisine!

Do you consume dairy: Very little. Have severe lactose issues. Shredded cheese in an omelet is my max and even that is pushing it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Coffee sometimes in excess. (grad school...ugh)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was 25 (June '11) and in the worst shape of my life. I felt like crap and looked like crap. I'm a lifelong "skeptic" "atheist" and believe very strongly in evolution, so when a friend told me about this evolutionary based diet I was intrigued...the rest is history! It truly was a turning point in my life and has changed every aspect of my life.

Favorite exercise: Honestly, my biggest thing now is incorporating more primal exercise...so it's my priority now to discover my favorite. (even though with minimal exercise...i lost 45lbs in 4 or 5 months!)

Favorite Primal food: Primal Shepherd's Pie!!! (and of course bacon!)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great! This has seriously changed my life for the better. In 4 or 5 months I lost 45lbs! Been maintaining the last couple months and now I'm gonna lose another 25 or 30...and I know I can do it. (and how!)

Worst part about being Primal: Having to constantly tell people, "This is not a diet like weight watchers or atkins or south beach!!!!!"

I'm very excited to be Primal and look forward to being active on this site and helping others experience what I have!

Comment

• your location: Springfield, Illinois

Age (If you want):53

How Primal are you:90-95% diet-wise

Do you consume dairy:heavy cream, sour cream, occasional cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:type 1 diabetes. This just seems to make sense, to put it simply.

Favorite exercise:clubbells

Favorite Primal food:coconut milk, coconut manna, etc

Best part about being Primal:I'm learning how to cook, which is a way for a diabetic to take control.

Worst part about being Primal:The explanations that are forthcoming while my mouth is full.

i came to the blog after reading a review of club-swinging by Mark S. There are lots of intelligent people here that one can enjoy and also learn from. I recommend the blog and forum heartily and frequently to others.

Comment

Working...
                                X