X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call me Sakura =)

Your location: California

Age (If you want): early 20s

How Primal are you: somewhat; I have a natural dislike for carbs, but I feel full and not as cranky when I eat them

Do you consume dairy: sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: time to get lean! I also like the lifestyle

Favorite exercise: tabata squats

Favorite Primal food: dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: intuitive eating

Worst part about being Primal: fat=calories! ahhhhhh.....
    My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• Hi everyone!
      I have been primal for 1 1/2 years now and I never felt better.

Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I do eat rice and potatoes 1-2 times a week.

Do you consume dairy: yes, but trying to quit.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: loosing weight and finding out whether my stomach problems were gluten-induced.

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: not being hungry all the time, overall well-being

Worst part about being Primal: it's expensive!

Comment

• Your location: SouthEast USA

Age (If you want): early 30's

How Primal are you: today is my start of going primal

Do you consume dairy: no more

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: time to get lean! I also like the lifestyle

Favorite exercise: not sure yet

Favorite Primal food: dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: FEELING BETTER

Worst part about being Primal: Losing Bread!!

Comment

• Hey all!!

Your location:

Seattle, WA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I do my best.

Do you consume dairy:

Yes, for now. I am doing an n:1 experiment

Do you drink coffee or tea:

I just quit coffee 1 week ago. Green or white tea only. This is serious stuff in Seattle.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

I have been gluten free for 9 years but still felt sensitive to grains and sugar. Primal just gave me a reason to stop them and shun CW.

Favorite exercise:

Weight lifting and weighted squats

Favorite Primal food:

Bacon x 10

Best part about being Primal:

No cravings

Worst part about being Primal:

Trying to justify myself to other practitioners. Especially when I feel their advice for clients is based on CW and not on their own research.
          http://www.cppsych.com/

http://glutenfreenp.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hi there!

Your location: QLD, Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I've only been doing it a week, so no deviations yet

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I stopped drinking coffee when I fell pregnant and just haven't started again

Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted a diet where I can lose weight without it affecting my milk supply

Favorite exercise: Gentle walking

Favorite Primal food: I love meat!

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry and no sugar cravings

Worst part about being Primal: The cost! I've gone from having a 6 year old that had one piece of toast and husband that had no breakfast to both of them wanting bacon and eggs every day. I'm glad they are eating properly though
            Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
            CW - 60kg / 132lb
            GW - 60kg / 132lb

Comment

• Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 93%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, eggs and some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely drink coffee. I drink a lot of plain iced tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: diabetes
              Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: Not being hungry and no sugar cravings.... not having to worry so much about fat.

Comment

• My name is Joseph Perkin

Your location:
                Louisiana
                Age (If you want):38..so young woo hoo :P

How Primal are you:Just starting

Do you consume dairy:rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea:rarely..but I miss my tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:Foudn it interesting

Favorite exercise:The bent preess with either Barbell or Dumbbell (blame it on Arthur saxon and Eugen sandow)

Favorite Primal food:dunno at the moment

Best part about being Primal: dunno at the moment

Worst part about being Primal: same as above

Comment

• Jenny Winter here

Your location: Great state of Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: just starting, but not more primal than I thought

Do you consume dairy: yes, skim milk and greek yogurt mostly

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 glasses of green tea in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanting to drop the last 5-10 pounds and get rid of my sugar cravings

Favorite exercise: strength training and HIIT cardio. Love ChaLean Extreme and Turbo Fire

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: just starting, but I have not been hungry through out the day

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my oatmeal

I look forward to this new way of eating and would love any suggestions or help you guys have to offer.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Austin, Tx

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: completely?

Do you consume dairy: some (cream in coffee and occasionally cheese on a salad)

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, feeling/looking better

Favorite exercise: walking (so far)

Favorite Primal food: hmm....i have to choose

Best part about being Primal: eating way better than CW

Worst part about being Primal: haven't figured that out yet...

hi everyone. anyone else in austin? today is not my first day being primal, but it is my first day of the leap. here's some of my history (i'll try not to be too verbose). i'm 43, 5'4" and currently at 227lbs. i've always been big (to one degree or another), but 6 months ago i found myself at a new all time high of 289 pounds. 2-1-11 i re-joined jenny craig and was on that for 3.5 months (35 pounds lost). i quit because i was having serious g.i issues. so, i went gluten free using a local company that cooks fresh gluten free foods. they do use rice and oats, so i wasn't grain free. yet. but from day one i felt 100% better than on JC. i was on that plan for 2 months then i found out about paleo. since then i've been primal (love my coffee and cream) and am loving it. i rarely had rice or oats on that other plan, so i don't feel tremendously different than a couple months ago, but i like the food so much better! anyway (sorry, did get verbose), today i started my primal leap and am looking forward to seeing how i do.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Tappan, New York

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Doing 100% Whole30 at this time

Do you consume dairy: NO

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Didn't know it when I started, but I hate being hungry. Lost 58 pounds on a "low carb" plan that left me extremely hungry all the time. I'm NEVER hungry now!!!!! I would also like to lose the last 35 pounds, be healthy, start working out more and if you've got a pink pony would be nice, but never mind!

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Filet Mignon

Best part about being Primal: I'm never hungry, I don't crave my addiction (sugar) and I just feel fabulous!!!!

Worst part about being Primal: hmmm... can I get back to you on that? I can't think of a negative right now!

Comment

• well since it's obligatory....

your location: new orleans or dallas. (home or school.)

how primal are you: i try to do everything 100% right from the get-go. i try to be as primal as i can be...but i've been slipping up quite a bit lately.

do you consume dairy: i'll eat raw cheese, and i'm discovering heavy whipping cream. i'm really interested in getting my hands on some raw milk to see how i do with it. and (pastured) butter is divine, so of course.

do you drink coffee or tea: both. i gave up caffeine entirely from mid-may to early july, and i should do that again...

motivator for switching to primal: i have no interest in putting chemicals, poison, or fake “food” in my body; i felt pathetic when i couldn't walk up a flight or two of stairs without being winded; i wanted to be happy and less emotionally unstable; i don't want to spend my money on hospitals and doctors; and more than anything, i deserve it. it's about time i took care of myself.

favorite exercise: >_< you caught me. i'm still really lacking on the primal exercise part of all this. but, earlier this summer i learned i could do pull-ups! and that was so exciting. but it's been surprisingly difficult to find things upon which to pull-up...but maybe that's just me being lazy.

favorite primal food: right now, i'm in love with omelettes.

best part about being primal: the rediscovery of how awesome mornings are, especially when you wake without an alarm clock. plus the delicious food.

worst part about being primal: the interrogation/teasing from family, and the total apathy from other people my age. not to mention my parents crusade to get me to eat SOME kind of grain or starch. ("what's wrong with rice? would you eat quinoa? millet? other strange-ancient-grain-you-haven't-had-a-chance-to-research-yet?")

Comment

• Your location: Mini-apple-ish

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Moreso than not

Do you consume dairy: Butter, so yes. A little cheese and greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oui.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health - Mental and Physical

Favorite exercise: Inline skating, barefoot running

Favorite Primal food: Ginormous porterhouse steak with copious amounts of garlic and mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: Nearly instantaneous results

Worst part about being Primal: No more Rhubarb Scones from Great Harvest Bread Co.

Comment

• Your location: Felton PA

Age 39 soon

How Primal are you: Hardcore for my first week at it, with none of the cravings and sugar dives

Do you consume dairy: Splash of milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: see above

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am a big guy, a retired cop, and have always had food addictions. Something snapped inside me last week, I wanted not only to conquer my food addictions but also separate myself from society in one more way. I am now a Combat Skills Instructor for the DOD, and when I am not working I wear kilts. Again, to separate me from the pack. I want to feel natural.

Favorite exercise: Walking, biking, fighting (combatives)

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling like a fat glutenous bastard everyday

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing, I hate the way I was living
                            Modern Combative Systems Blog

Comment

• Your location: Oregon

Age 29

How Primal are you: As close to 100% for now

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee! my lifeblood

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel better and look better.

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Avocado!

Best part about being Primal: The food is delicious, I love cooking and finding new recipes

Worst part about being Primal: I miss tacos.

Comment

• Your location: Washington

Age (If you want): 40s

How Primal are you: Mostly still learning, have cut out sugars and cereal grains and discovered root veggies

Do you consume dairy: yes, goats milk/yogurt/cheese and ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea: terravida decaf occassionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: told by my naturopath to go low carb and found this site, yay!

Favorite exercise: walking, biking

Favorite Primal food: also filet mignon

Best part about being Primal: more energy

Worst part about being Primal: learning to cook

Comment

Working...
                                X