X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Shillington, PA

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: Not very

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I think I have an allergery? I often get diarrhea after eating dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee, usally 1 cup in the morning. Tea, on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband and I are trying to have a baby and I was recently diagnosed with PCOS, which is a disorder based on insulin resistance and what it does to the ovaries.

Favorite exercise:jogging

Favorite Primal food: grilled rabbit and brussel sprouts

Best part about being Primal: The idea of decreasing all of the bad things that are happening to my body, and this PCOS is proof that bad things are happening to my body.

Worst part about being Primal: The restrictions. I have always had a problem with my weight and I have come to realize that I am very carb sensitive. I did south beach diet a few years ago and lost a lot of weight, but then I met my husband and starting eating carbs again. in 2 years I packed 100lbs back on. I need to change my lifestyle, not just go on a diet.

Comment

• Your location: Phila, PA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 75%

Do you consume dairy: yes, heavy cream and some cheeses. no milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: it seems to be the path to optimal health, weight control, and satisfying eating

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: i feel like im doing the best to fuel my workouts and nourish my body

Worst part about being Primal: i still have a weakness for sweets and bad fats....ive been addicted to cheesesteaks and tastycakes my entire life, and old habits die hard

Comment

Download Avatar Movie Bootleg movie quotes Avatar quality The Lincoln Lawyer Sanctum hd download Websites To Watch Inception The Film Watch Full Version The Lincoln Lawyer Movie whole The Lincoln Lawyer movie online The Adjustment Bureau film download full film Watch How to Train Your Dragon Movie Dvd Quality Where To Watch The Whole The Karate Kid Film download the movie The Tourist The Tourist Movie On Internet The Tourist Direct Download Where Can I Download Burlesque The Film Download Movie The Adjustment Bureau Hd Download The Adjustment Bureau Movie Legally Watch The Karate Kid Film In High Quality Movie Posters Burlesque Burlesque full Download The Film The The Tourist Skyline full movies Watch A Movie Burlesque Elephant White Full Lenght Movie In Dvd Format movie free Elephant White Elephant White full how to watch Inception the movie buy Dirty Movie moivie high quality Dvd Hereafter Hereafter movie images Download Hereafter Film Legal Hereafter Teaser Download The Resident online soundtrack download Download Movie Inception film theaters watch Inception Dirty Movie The Movie In High Quality Dvd The Resident Download The Resident movies the The Resident 2009 download The Resident Full Lenght Film In Hd Format Watch The The Resident Online Full Movie The Resident The Town film images Watch The Town The Film Right Now How to Train Your Dragon Download Full Film the The Karate Kid full dvd movies The Lincoln Lawyer film video Elephant White movie for cheap Elephant White jesus Download Elephant White For Ipod download Elephant White divx

Comment

• Your location: East Coast US

Age (If you want): just about 44

How Primal are you: Newbie -- started 5 days ago

Do you consume dairy: Trying to keep it just to butter and some cream in my coffee. I'm anticipating I'll probably have cheese as a treat sometimes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Coffee -- about 2x a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Digestive issues, soft autoimmune signs, get leaner, lose 5-10 lbs and maintain, ditch cravings

Favorite exercise: walking outdoors

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: feels good

Worst part about being Primal: hard in social situations/holidays/vacations

Comment

• I love it filling out forms! (Is that weird?)

The Questions:

Your location: Vancouver Island, Canada

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: About 90%, trying for 100%.

Do you consume dairy: A little bit of butter now and again.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea (my mum is British so it's been bred into me)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've tried every diet under the sun and I'm tired of them. I wanted a lifestyle change and I found it by going Primal. Plus, I used to be a sugar fiend (like, get away from my candy, no I'm not sharing, yes I will have a temper tantrum if I don't eat that jellybean) and it's not a problem for me*anymore.

Favorite exercise: Spinning, running, hiking and badminton. Summer is here....badminton rules.

Favorite Primal food: It's all good, but I'm particular to the Shepherd's Pie recipe found here on MDA.

Best part about being Primal: More energy! No sugar spikes and massive crashes! Happiness!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to your Mum.

Comment

• Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore (just stopped)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both, coffee every day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Felt fat, lazy, old, and doomed by the passage of time. Concluded this was not good. Tried elements, they worked, switched over completely on a trial basis.

Favorite exercise: Hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Beefsteak.

Best part about being Primal: Energy level.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of any. Maybe the difficulty of maintaining a primal regime in social events, dining out, and so on.

Comment

• I just joined this forum. It's interesting so far.

Your location: Wherever the Air Force sends us, currently Illinois

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: Should I? Not sure yet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf both

Motivator for switching to Primal: overweight, under exercised, tired

Favorite exercise: Zumba

Favorite Primal food: any kind of meat

Best part about being Primal: more energy

Worst part about being Primal: explaining it endlessly to people that think WW is better

Comment

• Your location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 90 %

Do you consume dairy: yes, cottage cheese, cheese, heavy whipping cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: leaning out, getting rid of migraines, overall better well being

Favorite exercise: beach volleyball

Favorite Primal food: eggs and steak

Best part about being Primal: feeling great, reducing my migraine attaques 4-fold

Worst part about being Primal: tiresome to explain to people, hard at social functions

Comment

• Your location: New Westminster, BC (Basically Vancouver area)

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Noob, just starting. Baby steps!

Do you consume dairy: Some, the best i can find though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fitness, general health and gluten-intolerance, losing weight

Favorite exercise: Boxing/tribal martial arts that i am training myself in

Favorite Primal food: MEEEEEEEEEAT

Best part about being Primal: So. Much. Energy. I'm incredibly energetic

Worst part about being Primal: People asking 'what?'
                    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Your location: Ohio... but going back to northern Illinois after school lets out (one week and I'll be HOME!)

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Newbie... though I've been reading the site. I've attempted trying to integrate primal principles into my eating here, but it's very difficult. I've been a compulsive overeater for a while, and I've been having a hard time letting go of sugar, refined grain products (aka cookies), etc.

Do you consume dairy: Right now, yes, but only heavy cream, half and half if no cream is available, some cheese... I'd rather not consume the meat on campus because I know it isn't raised sustainably at ALL. Once I'm home and can be around farmer's markets, I want to get better meat and lower the dairy dependence.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Oy, both. I like having short coffees from Starbucks, or just smaller coffees with heavy cream. I love tea too though!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm overweight, gained the weight I lost back, I'm addicted to sugar, and I want to be healthy and not think about sugar and crappy food so much!

Favorite exercise: Swimming is pretty awesome. I also like Broomball if anybody's ever played that.

Favorite Primal food: If it's grass-fed and sustainable... then probably high quality, well-prepared meat. Ooh.. and fish/seafood of all kinds, though I know that's not exactly the best for the environment. That, and omelets loaded with veggies and a bit of cheese!

Best part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet... I'm starting tomorrow, or at least attempting to start tomorrow.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm scared that I'll continue returning back to cookies and sweets. Plus, EVERYONE I know always has sugary, salty, dairy-ee, bread-tastic foods around and offers them to me. The free food on campus? It's ice cream, it's cookies, it's candy, it's sugar. People sell 'puppy chow,' which, if you don't know, is chex cereal smothered in chocolate, peanut butter, and powdered sugar, all non-primal foods. It's everywhere. I know sugar can't control me, that I allow it to, but damn, I've tried for so long to give it up and I continue to fail. I don't want to let it rule my life and continue adding to my young waistline.

Comment

• Your location: New York City

Age (If you want): 33.5 years

How Primal are you: Trying to get stricter. About 70% right now

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I've cut back to only cheese, heavy cream, and half & half for my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 1 cup of coffee in the morning, 1 cup of green tea in the afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: I started a weightloss program using CW in January of 2010. I counted calories and did lots of cardio and some weightlifting. It went well for about 6 months (I went from 215lb to 200lb at 6'1"). Then I plateaued from fall of 2010 until I started primal on March 28, 2011. I always felt that eating too many carbs was holding me back.

Favorite exercise: Heavy weights - squats, deadlifts, benchpress, military press, chin-ups, dips

Favorite Primal food: Any type of steak

Best part about being Primal: It's so easy to do! It feels intuitive. I think I lost about 3lb of fat in the first 4 weeks. My weight hasn't changed, but my waist has decreased by about 3/4". My lifts are getting stronger every time. So I must be replacing fat with muscle!

Worst part about being Primal: It's still hard to resist carbs, especially when traveling for work

Comment

• Your location: Westchester, NY
                          Age (If you want): 35
                          How Primal are you: 100%
                          Do you consume dairy: No.
                          Do you drink coffee or tea: No
                          Motivator for switching to Primal: Better Health and weightloss
                          Favorite exercise: Running & Golf
                          Favorite Primal food: steak & Chicken
                          Best part about being Primal: it makes sense.
                          Worst part about being Primal: Shopping for food. So many things are infused with corn, wheat and soy

Comment

How primal: 70% (PB is in the mail)
                            Dairy: cottage cheese in my scrambled eggs, milk in my coffee
                            Coffee / tea: max 2 cups per day
                            Motivator for switch to Primal: There is a strong tendancy towards Type II diabetes in my family, almost 100% for fat females over forty (FFF). I have always struggled to keep my weight in the healthy zone, and CW weight loss especially lots of cardio are hard to sustain. I have been on Slow Carb eating (courtesy of Tim Ferriss, 4 Hour Body) since the start of this year and shed around 4kg (9lb). PB is similar and probably better suited for me - I like fruit! I call my plan 8 months to Christmas and intend to lose around 6kg(13lb) or more, to a target around 70kg (154lb).
                            Favourite exercise: trail running - but have to limit myself to mostly trail walking to avoid joint problems.
                            Favourite Primal food: bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast
                            Best part of Primal: it works and I feel good (no brain fog). Also with home-grown beef, eggs , veg and fruit it makes sense.
                            Worst part of Primal: my partner believes in CW

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Oslo

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I make exceptions with family and friends, but alone I try to eat raw meat, vegetables and rarely fruit.

Do you consume dairy: Not usually. But I did make the créme fraîche butter Mark described with garlic. Maaavelous!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea! Coffee makes me nauseous

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, depression

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Hmmm... so many! I love home-made sashimi from trout, a good stew from game meat with chantarelles. Top of my head, really. But I usually enjoy very good meals, it's not that hard to make.

Best part about being Primal: Hands down, the best part is that my mind is so calm, my emotions so stable. I can depend on myself each day to not break down over some minor thing.

Worst part about being Primal: The social aspect. The fact that people want to offer you some snack and you need to decline. Awkward dinners where you decide if you will break with your diet or not. Also, the availability of starchy and sugary food, everywhere! I often catch myself daydreaming of a utopia where those kinds of foods are banned, rationed, or very very expensive.

Comment

• Your location: Amesbury, MA
                                Age (If you want): 30
                                How Primal are you: 90%
                                Do you consume dairy: Yes! Pastured butter, raw milk, pastured/raw cheese, Fage full fat yogurt, heavy cream
                                Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with heavy cream or coconut milk
                                Motivator for switching to Primal: looking to get back into shape and had heard the term "primal" mentioned, read the book, was blown away
                                Favorite exercise: bodyweight training/ring training
                                Favorite Primal food: grass-fed beef, eggs, avocados, coconut
                                Best part about being Primal: it's delicious food
                                Worst part about being Primal: trying to remember to relax when not surrounded by my primal foods when out with friends

Comment

Working...
                                X