• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just started out, I'd say 75-85%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely, but I do use butter and occassionally have some goat cheese or grass fed cow or goat yogurt and cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea (2-4 cups of herbal or green/white/red tea daily), black coffee or a whole milk cappucino on occassion

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and feeling less tired.

Favorite exercise: Running, yoga, squats

Favorite Primal food: Moroccan Lamb chops

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat without counting calories

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet - I guess getting used to not eating grains, which is easy at home (actually makes preparing dinner quicker) but is harder at restaurants, especially at pizza places with my friends, which is usually when I cave and order cheeseless pizza.

Comment

• Your location: Bournemouth, England

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I'd say about 85 - 95%

Do you consume dairy: Oh yes! Cheese, butter, cream and less frequently full fat milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love my coffee :-) Only have one or two cups a day, but I make sure they are great ones

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mainly weight loss and to feel less lethargic

Favorite exercise: Running and my PT sessions

Favorite Primal food: Griddled sirloin steak (with garlic & paprika), creamy mushroom sauce and buttered spinach

Best part about being Primal: Not obsessing about calories and measuring my food. And not having sugar rule my life. It's so liberating :-)

Worst part about being Primal: hmmm....no worst part, really. If I really fancy something sweet, I save it up for a night out in a nice restaurant and make it count. Or I have some dark organic chocolate once in a while. That totally satisfies my occasional cravings. There were so many chocolate bars, cookies, etc I thought I could never live without. Since going primal I can't imagine ever living with that junk in my life!

Comment

• Magic Fingers info

Your location: Idaho

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: This is my first day and I am doing great!

Do you consume dairy: cheese...splash of milk in my tea..butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea about 5 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight lose...desire to be my healthiest. When my son was in med school, one of the students followed this type of food plan and they monitored him and all his numbers improved and he lost his extra weight. This is also the foods I like to eat.

Favorite exercise: Recently joined a gym and I liked weights and boxing and rowing...also like to walk.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Realizing that this will be good for me!

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up some foods or having them very limited.

Comment

• Your location: San Diego

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: I'm just getting started, but so far, food-wise I'm at about 90% after easing into this over the past few weeks.

Do you consume dairy: a little, raw milk, grass-fed butter, a little cheese (but much less than I had pre-primal)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm cutting out the caffeine, I do drink herb tea, currently my biggest vice is diet soda, so I'm working on that and hope to eliminate it completely very soon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, feel better, help alleviate depression & anxiety

Favorite exercise: swimming and walking my dog

Favorite Primal food: rib-eye steak, medium rare with a big pile of sauteed mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal: not being hungry, not obsessing about food, not counting calories, playing!

Worst part about being Primal: planning! I have to plan and make sure to have good food around, or it will be too easy to slip up.
          My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: fairly

Do you consume dairy: yes (local and raw)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: my doctor & MDA

Favorite exercise: biking, yoga and lifting heavier & heavier weights!

Favorite Primal food: turkey (was vegetarian for 20 yrs so I'm going slowly)

Best part about being Primal: not getting the hungry horrors like I did when I was vegetarian

Worst part about being Primal: not losing any weight!

Comment

• Hi Everyone! My name is Kasia and I stumbled across the Primal Blueprint in my never ending quest to health and vitality

Here are my answers -

Your location: Sunshine Coast, QLD Australia

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Partial (almost fully)

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally - mostly organic yoghurt and cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hell yes!! I have one cup of freshly brewed coffee mid morning and drink a range of herbal teas throughout the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying so many different diets and either not feeling healthy on them, my body shape changing for the worst, or not being able sustain the results. Also I believe eating primally has improved my overall health.

Favorite exercise: Interval training and most things outdoors

Favorite Primal food: Eggs! Can't get enough of fresh organic eggs!

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel - so good!

Worst part about being Primal: The temptation to eat conventional yummy foods and snacks and trying to find Primal ingredient replacements in recipes I love.

Comment

• Hey there Everyone!

My name is Rachael, and I've been surfing this website for an entire week now.
                Beginning April 11, 2011 to May 11, 2011, I will begin a 30-day No Grain, No Sugar Challenge.

Your location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia until September 2011

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: As a Chinese, I used to consume tons of rice and noodles. However, there was one point when I gave up eating rice altogether, and occasionally enjoy some noodles. I believe it would not be too challenging for me to give up rice or noodles. I hope I will do well when it comes to bread.

Do you consume dairy: yes, 2% milk with my cofee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both. I have 2 to 3 cups of Latte per week, and I drink tea regularly.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be able to enjoy tennis, hiking, kayaking, and more outdoor adventures when I am 70 or 80! Also, I want to LGN!

Favorite exercise: Tennis and Muay Thai. I am nervous whenever I go for my crossfit WOD, but it is a great workout!

Favorite Primal food: Stir-Fry Spinach with garlic and olive oil.

Best part about being Primal: I hope it will help me shed excess body fat %, keeps me feeling awesome and energetic, and never having to be the crazy calorie counter!

Worst part about being Primal: I think the first 2 weeks will be the toughest, because I'll be on a strict no sugar or grains diet...

Comment

• Hello everyone. I've been following the paleo lifestyle for over a year and finally decided to register on the forums.

Your location: Castine, ME for school and Marriottsville, MD when I'm home. Although I do a lot of traveling as part of my schooling for my future occupation. (sailor)

Age (If you want): 21 (in 12 days).

How Primal are you: About 75% but I'd like to become a lot closer to 100%. Trying to quit snacking, eating out of boredom and increase activity.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A lot of tea, no coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes so much sense!

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: A big hunk of fatty meat.

Best part about being Primal: Finally following a 'diet' that makes sense and makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing.

Worst part about being Primal: Living in a neolithic world.

Comment

• Henton

Your location: Kansas City

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 70%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: My daughter. She turned two in December and I want to be around for her for a very long time.

Favorite exercise: Used to be power-lifting (all kinds) but I'm starting to get into running.

Favorite Primal food: Nuts and Fish

Best part about being Primal: On good days I feel amazing. Ways I can't explain.

Worst part about being Primal: The transition from Modern to Primal is not easy.

Comment

• And, posting at 3:00am, even though I have to get up early for church tomorrow... Hey, Sunday afternoons are for naps, right?

Age (if you want): Mentally, about 14; Physically, about 40

How Primal are you: Probably about 70%

Do you consume dairy: Very rarely, but a little cream sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional cup of decaf coffee, the only reason for the cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: Discovering that Diabetes doesn't just run in my family, it actually gallops

Favorite Exercise: Was once lifting until I tried Mark's fitness plan (which rocks, btw)

Favorite Primal Food: New York Strip with steamed broccoli

Best Part about being Primal: The energy!

Worst Part about being Primal: Trying to convince my husband to remove sugar from his and the kids' diet
                      Your book club may have scintillating discussions. But my book club can drink your book club under the table.

Comment

• As my handle implies, I'm Starting Over!

Hello, I am:

How Primal: Have eliminated all grains, sugars and processed foods as of 03-21-11. Still eating conventional meats, fruits and veggies.

Do I consume dairy: a little whole fat conventional milk in an occasional cup of coffee. I had given up coffee but my energy plummeted so am drinking a cup now and then. Rereading PB and now realize that the low energy is probably just me going through the transitional phase, it's been 3 weeks.

Coffee? Yes, occasionally, no sugar or imitation creamers. I miss the taste but not what it was doing to my body.

Motivator for going Primal: At 56, I was getting fatter all the time and muscles were almost melting away from eating all the wrong things (processed foods, grains, sugar) and not moving. I went online specifically looking for yet another weight loss plan, expecting to find another fad diet that might help me get some of the weight off (i'm 5'2" and 165 after losing 7 lbs). I found a reference to Primal Blueprint, read a blurb about it and it just struck me as a very sound plan. I bought the book and I immediately connected with the rock solid science behind it. I am re-reading the book now to pick up things I missed the first time around. Then I discovered MDA and have learned more from that. I am feeling better, no bloating issues anymore, just am hanging on till my energy levels go up.

Favorite exercise: I just started PBF two days ago so don't have a favorite yet. Right now it's still a shock to my body to be moving. Lower back is
                        hurting from 20 minutes of very slow Samba yesterday! I need to get some music for it The PBF will have my back in better shape with the core work, soon I hope.

Favorite Primal food: baked fresh asparagus with olive oil and a little garlic salt

Best part about being primal: Knowing that I've started a process that's going to sustain me for the rest of my life in a totally healthy way. Knowing that I'm not going to waste away to a decrepit old lady who can't do anything for herself!! I want to move and be active and this plan will let me do that.

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up sweets. I have been a carbaholic for 56 years now and I'm looking forward to the day when I can be within sight and smell of any of that bad (but oh so yummy) pseudo food and not panic for fear I'll give in. In the past when I've fallen off the diet bandwagon, I've done a spectacular nosedive into totally unhealthy, hedonistic eating patterns. But I keep reminding myself that PB is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change, which I have shied away from in the past. I'm getting to a stage in my life where it's not a question of IF I'll get a major disease but WHEN. I want a better life than that! My fasting blood glucose was at 117 about a month ago, prediabetic. I'm excited to test it again now that I've been eating mostly Primally for awhile. LDL and tryglicerides were both 155. HDL was 64 which I'm happy about. It will be great to see improvements.

Comment

• Hello

Your location: Somewhere in Canada

Age (If you want): Older than dirt

How Primal are you: Just interested. I’m trying to go low-carb and grain-free.

Do you consume dairy: Yes --- cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf, occasionally, and herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Motivation for the interest is weight and health issues.

Favorite exercise: Walking, but I don’t do enough of it.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Barbecued chicken. Cheddar cheese.

Best part about being Primal: n/a

Worst part about being Primal: n/a

I’m no scientist, not a nutritionist and the farthest thing from an athlete. I stopped smoking about two months ago and have since been diagnosed as having some insulin issues.

I’m trying to eat low-carb, but stumbled across MDA and bought “The Primal Blueprint” as well as Gary Taubes’ “Why We Get Fat”. I find the whole idea of going primal to be fascinating, but I don’t have the nerve to ignore my doctor’s advice and immerse myself in all the foods that we’ve been told for years are so dangerous. Maybe hanging out with the MDA crowd will change that. Still, I’ve been lurking here for a couple of weeks and plan to continue. I enjoy reading about everyone else’s experiences.

Nice to meet you!

Comment

• Hi all

I'm located just short of paradise, some people that also live here call it Stoughton, WI., USA. It's a good little town on a solid piece of the craton, surrounded by unending fields of corn.

My kids tell me to stop teasing them so much, so call me an immature 45.

Probably not very primal. Not yet anyway.

I put half and half in my coffee and skim milk in the occasional bowl of cereal.

Coffee might be my biggest vice. Multiple cups in the AM and another one mid-afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I built a standup paddleboard a couple summers ago and have really come to like SUPing. I lurk on another forum, Stand Up Paddle Surfing, SUP, Beach Boy Surfing, Standup, Paddle, Surf, Surfing. A subject line caught my eye, which took me to a HUGE thread on primal eating, which very much caught my interest. And that led me here, which looks like a good place to be.

Favorite exercise is a sunrise paddle on my paddleboard. On a more intensive note I like the feeling I get after completing a circuit of near max lifting efforts in my garage gym.

Favorite Primal food: will know the answer to this, once I am more immersed in this lifestyle.

Best part about being Primal: to be determined

Worst part about being Primal: to be determined

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Indianapolis, IN

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 90% strict Paleo

Do you consume dairy: VERY little if any. I have recently added a very small amount of shaved parm. to my meatza and I have knowingly eaten buttery veggies while dining out.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee or with a little light canned coconut milk or black or green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss (I want to be a mother of 2 with a six pack!)

Favorite exercise: I am a CrossFitter and I refer to every workout as unfun fun. They are all horrible while you are doing them but in the end you feel great and realize in a sick way how much fun it was.

Favorite Primal food: Red meat and avocados. I would say any and all fruit but I try to limit that as much as possible. Life wouldn't be nearly as good without strawberries in it!!

Best part about being Primal: Effortless weight loss. I don't measure anything, weigh anything or log anything and I LOVE that. I eat what I want, when I want and for the most part as much as I want.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain the life style to others or discovering something you have been eating isn't what you thought it was. i.e. the oil provided at a restaurant for salads! Cottonseed oil?!?! I don't want to eat my shirt!

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread -

Henton Your location: Kansas City Age (If you want): 34 How Primal are you: 70% Do you consume dairy: Rarely Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely Motivator for switching to Primal: My daughter. She turned two in December and I want to be around for her for a very long time. Favorite exercise: Used to be power-lifting (all kinds) but I'm starting to get into running. Favorite Primal food: Nuts and Fish Best part about being Primal: On good days I feel amazing. Ways I can't explain. Worst part about being Primal: The transition from Modern to Primal is not easy.
                                !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X