This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread -

Location: Norfolk, VA Age:51 How Primal are you: Fairly to Mostly Do you consume dairy: Yes - butter & (ghee), kefir and greek yougurt and a bit of milk in my coffee Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one strong cup of coffee and usually green tea in the afternoon Motivator for switching to Primal: I have RA and have just discontinued with my 7 week interval of Cimzia. I would like to be able to control my RA without the use of a pharmaceutical drug. Favorite exercise: Spinning, strength training and chasing a little white ball for 18 holes Favorite Primal food: A grilled steak or such on the Big Green Egg. Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am trying to something good for myself. And to see my daughter roll her eyes! Worst part about being Primal: Occasionally I miss some gluten & starch.

Comment

• Hi immidly,

Not sure why the unhappy face? Care to elaborate? This is my first post and I laid out who I am. Maybe this aint the place for me if I am being judged here.

Comment

• Your location: Arizona

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Been there in the past, about 90%. Right now, 0%. Starting on the path again.

Do you consume dairy: With coffee, looking to stop that, but not immediately. Going to tackle other changes first.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, primarily one coffee in the morning and sometimes tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just need to get back to the basics, get in shape again, drop unnecessary weight, de-stress.

Favorite exercise: Like major crossfit type movements, function exercises like thrusters or very functional activities like hiking, rucking, etc.

Favorite Primal food: Not really sure. Meat: turkey, chicken.

Best part about being Primal: Stable energy, stable mood, stable and high energy levels and feeling very healthy and natural.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting started.

Comment

• Your location: Miami, Fl

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: In the past 4 months...extremely primal.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese...very seldomly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Cuban Coffee...trying to drink only twice a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: CW Sucks...It's easy to give up on. This is the way to go...

Favorite exercise: Burpies.

Favorite Primal food: Almonds...eat 20 of them and a glass of water and you feel like you had a 5 course meal.

Best part about being Primal: The food..our meals are those that kings envy.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of any right now...

Comment

• I'm thinking Immidly and MopePymn are spambots. Don't worry about it Goodangels and welcome to MDA
            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metismomma View Post
              I'm thinking Immidly and MopePymn are spambots. Don't worry about it Goodangels and welcome to MDA
              Thanks Metismomma,

I looked back and it does look like a bot....I'm probably feeling a little sensitive and grouchy right now 'cause this afternoon the kids baked up a batch of delicious looking chocolate chip cookies (full of grains and sugar) and I didn't eat even one LOL. They smelled great though!

Thanks for the welcome - I see you are in Alberta. I'm in Ontario. Nice to meet another Canadian!

Comment

• There are plenty of us on here! And gratz on keeping away from the cookies!
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Your location: Placentia, CA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I just started about three weeks ago, so I would say 75% as of late.

Do you consume dairy: Yes!!! I love cheese, but I have reduced my intake unless I am entertaining guests or being entertained.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes! I love coffee, but I only drink 1/2-1 cup in the morning with creamer

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health improvement, feeling good and having more energy. Oh, and of course, losing weight.

Favorite exercise: It used to be running, but my knees give me trouble after years of volleyball. I love kickboxing class, hiking and some cycling

Favorite Primal food: Red meat!!!! Filet to be specific!

Best part about being Primal: Creative cooking, eating meat and feeling fantastic!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to eat primal when I go out with friends that don't believe in it!

Comment

• Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: just starting out (waiting for my book to arrive!) but switching from Atkins-type eating (but having trouble sticking to any healthy WOE)

Do you consume dairy: yes but I'm trying to cut back on it

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, either green tea or black tea w/ cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: take better care of myself and gain control over my appetite/eating

Favorite exercise: P90X workouts

Favorite Primal food: all of them!

Best part about being Primal: it feels good

Worst part about being Primal: too soon to say yet

Comment

• Your location: Asheville NC

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: CrossFit since 10/10. Week-1 of eating Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Greek Yogurt for B-fast about 3 days a week. That's gonna be tough to give up.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. A morning mug (black with demerara sugar) and the occasional quad espresso in the afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've done CW for decades with results that were disproportionate to my efforts. It was time for a change.

Favorite exercise: Overhead squats!

Favorite Primal food: Pork sirloin chops.

Best part about being Primal: knowing that everyone else (non-primal) is wrong.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't seen a downside yet.

Comment

• Your location: Hawaii/California

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Converted 10 days ago and feel great! Already dropped 7lbs

Do you consume dairy: Cheese is what keeps me sane

Do you drink coffee or tea: Cuppa joe in the morning with coconut milk as my cream, a small scoop of palm sugar as my sweetener

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was a total Carb addict and it shows! It's time to get my arse back in shape

Favorite exercise: Volleyball

Favorite Primal food: Avocados - Food of the gods...and Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I feel so in tune with my body, and being grain-free keeps me alert and feeling good all day. The weight-loss doesn't hurt either!

Worst part about being Primal: Planning ahead....and the occasional thought of steel-cut oatmeal or warm rosemary garlic sourdough bread - which will dissipate in the future I'm sure

Comment

• Originally posted by SteeleToast View Post
                          Best part about being Primal: knowing that everyone else (non-primal) is wrong.
                          *sharing a sh*t-eating grin with SteeleToast*

Comment

• Originally posted by MsWonderWoman View Post
                            and the occasional thought of steel-cut oatmeal or warm rosemary garlic sourdough bread
                            Thanks for reminding me....Ugh!

Comment

• Hey everyone, long time lurker, finally decided to join the conversation.

Your location: East Coast, USA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Depends on who you ask I suppose. Some would say I'm barely primal, some that I'm pretty strict.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, and lots of it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: Heavy barbell training

Favorite Primal food: I'd say coconut oil is my favorite thing that I started eating since becoming primal.

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Insulin surges.
                              Lifting Journal

Comment

• ok -- I'll give this a whirl...

Your location: NW Washington State

Age (If you want): 43 (no shame here)

How Primal are you: Still learning what 'being primal' all entails, but I'd say I'm about 90%.

Do you consume dairy: Gave it up for lent as a test.. but I do love a glass of milk, good cheese, and sour cream. (though still trying to wrap my head around grabbing the 'whole fat' versions of these items as I'm so habitually trained to reach for the non-fat options)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. About 3/4 of my commuter mug of black coffee each day and herbal tea on occasion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To lose weight and feel good.

Favorite exercise: Our bowflex machine -- and playing with the dogs.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: Not having to count calories - what a relief!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to someone when you pass on the bread basket or when everyone pulls out their sandwich and I pull out my egg muffin.

So that's my story so far... I started eating primal about 6 weeks ago and the scale has only shifted down a couple of pounds. Kind of disappointing, but I do FEEL better, and I 'get' the whole theory behind the primal idea, so I'm willing to stick it out and see what happens. Wish me luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X