Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in Oklahoma. I haven't started, but am looking at this as a lifestyle for myself and my family. I eat dairy occasionally. Tea semi regularly and coffee occasionally. I am looking for a healthy eating option that will allow me to maintain my 52 pound weight loss and allow me to lose more. Tennis is my favorite exercise. I don't have a favorite primal food and because I haven't begun yet I have no best or worse parts of being primal.

Comment

• #subject

Your location: Whitby, Ontario Age (If you want): 39 How Primal are you: I'd say 50-60%. Do you consume dairy: Butter and Cheese Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes Motivator for switching to Primal: The health of myself and my children. Favorite exercise: Walking while taking in the views. Favorite Primal food: MMMMMM....Meat. Venison when I can get it! Best part about being Primal: I know from being a creeper on here for about two weeks that the best part will be the health benefits gained, emotionally and physically. Worst part about being Primal:I honestly can't answer this yet.

Comment

• Hello to everyone! I've been lurking here for several months and it's a great place for info and motivation. I've been into working out, eating good for more than 20 years now. I've gotten into great shape and into lousy shape manny times!! The calendar says I'm 45 now so the last few years I've really been clamping down on the discipline with my goal to be in my very best condition and to basically maintain that more consistently.

I've been eating pretty much what you'd call primally for several months now and more seriously that past month or so. I've been eating predominantly orgainic for a few years now anyway so this isn't really a big change for me. I eat very little that isn't a whole food(s). I do one high intensity full body weight training session a week, one sprint session and several lower intensity days of walking, maybe jogging, hiking, tennis, kayaking etc. So I've embraced the less is more workout princibles for many years now because it works and is sustainable over the long haul.

I just got the PB book yesterday and it's a tough book to put down. Looking forward to the experience here!!

Comment

• Hello all

Your location: Holland, Michigan. Currently a student athlete at Hope College

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: For the past nine days completely primal. Before starting the 30 day primal challenge, I would say 70-80% primal. I don't plan on going back to ANY grains, sugars, processed foods though.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, both yogurt and cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To achieve an extremely high level of both fitness and overall health.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit! As well as playing soccer.

Favorite Primal food: Big Ass Salad that I eat everyday for lunch

Best part about being Primal: Cut body, improved athletic performance, more energy, better concentration, better, more consistent mood

Worst part about being Primal: As a college student in West Michigan, it's hard to find affordable grass-fed and organic foods, especially in the winter months. Also, not being able to drink as much with all my close friends.

As this is my first post, I look forward to becoming more involved in the primal community here on marksdailyapple!
          Travel, eat well, and learn about life - three things I love to do

Curious about what YOU should pack next time you're on the road? Check out my Definitive Guide to Backpacking Nutrition

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Reno

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: I'm a newbie - finishing up my 3rd week

Do you consume dairy: Yes some

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the AM

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to feel better and lose weight. Have friends that are primal and they introduced me. I feel so much better eating primal and lbs are disappearing!

Favorite exercise: Waling, jazzercise

Favorite Primal food: veggies

Best part about being Primal: Having more engery

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found that yet

Comment

• Your location:

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: About 99%... I have the occasional slip up

Do you consume dairy: Yes a small amount. Cream and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly coffee, about 1-2 cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My motivation was to lose weight so I could be there long term for my Family. Losing about 20Lbs on 4 Hour Body turned me on to being more Paleo. Then I found Primal Blueprint and everything just makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Hockey, and Soccer

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Avocado

Best part about being Primal: Eating alot large primal meal and not having the crash afterwards. I always hated the way large meals made me feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing yet... except Ice Cream, my Kryptonite.

Comment

• Hi Everyone... Been watching this site for awhile and posting on the main page, not in the forum till now.

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal

Do you consume dairy: I do. I drink about 3 glasses of raw, grass-fed milk a week after some meals, eat local Greek yoghurt (sadly, pasteurized and not 100% grass-fed, and have heavy whipping cream (pasteurized, but often grass-fed) pretty much daily in coffee/tea or spiced drinks. I also eat a lot of raw cheese--Gruyere/Comte being my favorites.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep. Pretty much daily. I am a sucker for hot drinks that aren't sugary.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am always trying to get to the truth of things and I do tend to care about health/body condition. This is a natural fit for me. Of course weight loss and muscle gain (VANITY) fit in there, too... but there are just so many good reasons and you know them all.

Favorite exercise: Good Question. Since the diet change I have LOADS of energy. I lift at the gym a few times weekly and have been skiing weekly, too, this winter. I want to get into more indoor climbing and hiking again. Not sure what my favorite is but I am eager to keep doing more. I have so much energy that I think about trying out new activities on a DAILY basis. Like I will come back from skiing and try to get people to go climbing indoors with me!

Favorite Primal food: Broth. I love making and drinking broth. I also adore bacon and the drippings for cooking. Love Kale Chips, too.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better every day and not having to think much about what to eat.

Worst part about being Primal:Eating out is tricky. I like Indian food, for example, but most dishes have about 15 ingredients in them... and I can tell after I eat them...

Comment

• Just joined about a week ago. Was following Atkins since end of January but I found it too drastic. The Primal way is more forgiving.

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Cavewoman

Do you consume dairy: Yes, snacking on chunks of lovely Parmigiano Reggianno replaces my craving for pastries and rice.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never drink coffee. 1 cup of Orange PekoeTea in morning and one in the afternoon with milk and 1 tsp sugar are my treats.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Boost immune system and lose weight gained from two pregnancies and years of undiagnosed hypothyroid condition. Now on meds for hypothyroid. So far I've lost 12 pounds but the other twenty pounds needs to go! The hypothyroid also made me very weak with low energy so I'm looking forward to improving on that.

Favorite exercise: Planks. Sprints.

Favorite Primal food: Steak - seared on the BBQ to blue/rare. Bacon is heavenly.

Best part about being Primal: Getting my energy back to keep up with the kids.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss jasmine rice...I could eat bowls and bowls of it...

Comment

• Hi all! Been poring over this site for the past week and easing my way into primal eating. I'm pumped to wholly commit to primal living starting Monday!

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Currently, maybe 60%. Goal for the coming weeks: 80%. Goal after I've really gotten my bearings: 90%.

Do you consume dairy: I love cheese, but limiting my intake of it will be good for my pocketbook, as imports are super-expensive here. Also love, love, love Lao yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Drink far too much coffee and am committed to dramatically scaling back my intake. I like tea and am looking forward to exploring all of Lao's varieties.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I work in rugby development, and part of my job is to deliver healthy living messages to Lao youth through rugby. I can't honestly do that without embodying that myself! I recently had a wake-up call when I looked awful in all of my family pictures after an epic trip to Cambodia. Going to Burma in five weeks and am keen to see a healthier-looking me in those pictures.

Favorite exercise: Rugby -- touch or tackle, it's great fun. Also love skiing, swimming, walking, kayaking...

Favorite Primal food: Lao water buffalo steak. Can't wait to get good at grilling it myself!

Best part about being Primal: Been experimenting with primal this week and have noticed my energy is higher on days when I've not consumed any grains. I won't need to consume garbage like Coke Zero for an energy boost. In fact, I felt ill after drinking one this week. Little revelations like that are making me look forward to how good I'll feel living this way.

Worst part about being Primal: Saying goodbye to Beerlao and rice in all its forms!

Comment

• Your location: Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: about a month now but decided to get truly serious about it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: No, I can't really stand either.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My fiance, apple, found PB and told me about it. Everything makes a lot of sense to me and I definitely would love to get in better shape (I'm 6'6" 226 right now).

Favorite exercise: Uhm, lemme get back to you on that.

Favorite Primal food: STEAK and eggs

Best part about being Primal: hoping to find that out.

Worst part about being Primal: No more pizza and sodas (love me some root beer)

Comment

• Hi from the Florida Keys

Your location: Florida Keys

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Just Started, really into the book and gonna love the lifestyle

Do you consume dairy: No - Nut milks only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - Cant live without my coffee - Herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have been switching over the last 6 months to gluten free, and this looks like a great plan

Favorite exercise: Kayaking, Cycling, Weight Training

Favorite Primal food: Dont Know Yet

Best part about being Primal : Dont Know Yet

Worst part about being Primal: Dont Know Yet

Just starting out, looking forward to getting into the lifestyle and increasing my fitness and energy.

Comment

• Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Started on March 1, 2011 and I'm about 95% right now. I have had a few cheats in the last couple of days(Couple piece of chocolate and a piece of pizza last night at a friends house) But I always feel like crap right afterwards, so that steers me away from cheating.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I am trying to limit it more now otherwise I could gorge on cheese! LOVE cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not anymore. I stopped drinking coffee the day I started eating primally, on March 1. I would drink 2-3 cups of what my coworker laughingly called 'coffee milkshakes' per day. It was basically coffee with tons of cream and sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Because I'm fat and need to lose weight. Lots of it. About 60-80 lbs of it. I've tried a lot of 'diets' and the only thing that really helped was going low carb (I did Atkins, but couldn't help but feel that I was still eating crap, just not carby crap) When I read about the primal woe, it just clicked in my head, like this is the way people should be eating.

Favorite exercise: Sadly, none right now. I've never loved exercise, even as a kid. I know I need to start and as soon as all of this snow melts and it warms up, I am going to start with walking and go from there.

Favorite Primal food: MEAT!! And spaghetti squash....

Best part about being Primal : Feeling less bloated, less headaches, feeling less fatigued. Just feeling better in general.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss hot fresh bread with gobs of butter.

This is the first time in my life where I feel this is more of a lifestyle change that I can stick to instead of just a 'diet'. I actually have faith in myself that I can actually do this. I failed on too many typical diets(Weight watchers!) Because I always felt hungry and had huge cravings. I don't have cravings anymore and that astounds me. In the past I've been a carboholic and unable to understand why I couldn't stop eating crap. I understand now and I don't want to ever go back!

Comment

How Primal are you: Fairly to Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Yes - butter & (ghee), kefir and greek yougurt and a bit of milk in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one strong cup of coffee and usually green tea in the afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have RA and have just discontinued with my 7 week interval of Cimzia. I would like to be able to control my RA without the use of a pharmaceutical drug.

Favorite exercise: Spinning, strength training and chasing a little white ball for 18 holes

Favorite Primal food: A grilled steak or such on the Big Green Egg.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am trying to something good for myself. And to see my daughter roll her eyes!

Worst part about being Primal: Occasionally I miss some gluten & starch.

Comment

• Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread -

Just joined about a week ago. Was following Atkins since end of January but I found it too drastic. The Primal way is more forgiving. Age (If you want): 48 How Primal are you: Cavewoman Do you consume dairy: Yes, snacking on chunks of lovely Parmigiano Reggianno replaces my craving for pastries and rice. Do you drink coffee or tea: Never drink coffee. 1 cup of Orange PekoeTea in morning and one in the afternoon with milk and 1 tsp sugar are my treats. Motivator for switching to Primal: Boost immune system and lose weight gained from two pregnancies and years of undiagnosed hypothyroid condition. Now on meds for hypothyroid. So far I've lost 12 pounds but the other twenty pounds needs to go! The hypothyroid also made me very weak with low energy so I'm looking forward to improving on that. Favorite exercise: Planks. Sprints. Favorite Primal food: Steak - seared on the BBQ to blue/rare. Bacon is heavenly. Best part about being Primal: Getting my energy back to keep up with the kids. Worst part about being Primal: I miss jasmine rice...I could eat bowls and bowls of it...

Comment

• Greetings, Greg here, I seem to have meandered here after reading Taubes Why We Get Fat and looking for something that made some sense to go lower carb without going Atkins (which, despite everything they say, was a miserable experience). I need to lose 15 lbs of fat and build up my upper body a little more. I've just come off of major foot remodeling surgery, and have been swimming with a vengeance to replace the running, walking, and biking I did before. I was (hopefully to be again) a recreational runner and occasional triathlete, although I've never *looked* the part. Anyway, on to the questions....

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Grammar school primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, cheese, a little milk in my coffee (yes, I know, going to cream soon)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I *roast* my own coffee. So yes. But keep it to no more than 2 cups a day of regular, and a decaf. I like tea, but it never has the interest to me. Especially like red tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tried Weight Watchers and lost all of 3 pounds. I've tried numerous things in the past, and nothing has really clicked. Hoping this one is. I like it's "global" approach.

Favorite exercise: swimming, biking, running.

Favorite Primal food: meat.

Best part about being Primal: too early to say

Worst part about being Primal: explaining the lack of bread in the house to my partner...

Comment

Working...
                                X