X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: North Carolina Mountains

Age (If you want): Old enough to know better

How Primal are you: Still transitioning. Been heading this way for a while trying to eat clean and eliminate processed foods; now trying to eliminate grains and other insulin spiking foods

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to reclaim my health and lose some fat

Favorite exercise: Ice Skating

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: Eating fat without guilt

Worst part about being Primal: I miss popcorn

Comment

• Your location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Yesterday was my first day. Just ordered the book and it should be waiting for me when I get home tonight!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 5ft 8 in, 308lbs, and I've been eating extremely bad. My weakness is delicious craft beer and pizza.

Favorite exercise: Walk

Favorite Primal food: NY Strip Steak

Best part about being Primal: I believe it will help me lose weight and my body will settle into a much lower weight.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to do it with a wife, 3 teenage boys, and a little girl who are happy with things the way they are... :-/

Comment

• Your location: Oahu Hawaii

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I've been aware of the paleo/primal way of life for about a year now, but have only just gotten very strict and consistent the last 3 months.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight, health, control over carb addiction, hope it will help with depression and anxiety, and it just makes sense

Favorite exercise: hiking with my dogs

Favorite Primal food: anything coconut

Best part about being Primal: feeling in control of my eating and food choices

Worst part about being Primal: challenging in social situations and on the go/traveling

Comment

• Your location: Western Canada

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Very primal for 2 months other than a few cheats here and there. Hoping to just stop cheating all together, I really don't find it that hard to resist.

Do you consume dairy: Small amount of whole milk 4 times a week, shredded cheese here and there

Do you drink coffee or tea: lots and lots of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have recentley had a run in with some kind of undiagnosed illness. I have always been a dedicated excerciser and then one day was at the gym and felt like I was having a heart attack, this was 5 months ago. Still have the pain and cannot do anything physical, I have also been off work. Doctors can't figure it out, various meds haven't worked. So I am hoping my body can just heal on its own if I am really good to it

Favorite exercise: weightlifting and rollerblading

Favorite Primal food: B:egg nog with coconut milk, stevia, raw eggs, cinnamon. D:curry chicken with coconut milk, curry, various veggies

Best part about being Primal: Weightloss while being on bedrest (7 pounds) and waaaaayyy improved digestion. Also, as soon as I got sick i broke out and my skin has started to clear up.

Worst part about being Primal: My mother in law telling me I'm going to die eating coconut oil (too much saturated fat) and simliar opinions fro her and other people. I want to ask them why are you so overweight if you know better? lol

Comment

• hiiiiiiiiiiiii play something with the speakers on the table so she can also feel the music as in vibrations

Comment

• Your location: Charlotte, NC (Long Island, NY transplant)

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Just started Monday. I've already lost 79 pounds watching what I eat (less processed foods, etc), eating more fats (I eat almonds everyday yum!) and eating less calories. I keep a food journal and realized I was consuming less carbs, so maybe that has a lot to do with it!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. No milk (I use almond milk), but I eat Greek yogurt (has lots of protein and good bacteria), and occasionally I will eat cheese (mostly mozzarella and Parmesan) and butter. Except for the yogurt and butter, I am going to try to cut out all cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee. I drink a mix of white, green, and oolong tea everyday. Love this stuff!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get to a healthy weight, improve my health (I have high blood pressure, and diabetes runs in my family), and get more energy! I've researched this program and it makes a lot of sense.

Favorite exercise: Walk

Favorite Primal food: Almonds

Best part about being Primal: I can have more calories if I want.

Worst part about being Primal: The expense and availability of grass fed and organic products. If I hear my BF whine one more time about how expensive it is to eat healthy I'm going to kick his butt! Just kidding, he is very supportive of my efforts.

Comment

• My Primal Obligation

Missed do ing this at first signup so here goes.

Your location: Thule Greenland, a remote Air Base 900 miles from the north pole in NW Greenland.

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Mostly...getting more

Do you consume dairy: Hardly any to none

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was close before, still ate bread but decided to try the full monty so to speak.

Favorite exercise: Jump rope and bag workouts although I can't do that anymore due to my joints. So I guess elyptical.

Favorite Primal food: Nice roasted (bbq) chicken no sauce, maybe some garlic butter baste.

Best part about being Primal: To be determined... but I do feel better...more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Like all things just having to follow any directed path.. I love to follow the path less taken.

So there ya go.... so far so good.
                Living the dream, inside a myth

Comment

• Your location: New York

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: 90% - I eat some dairy and drink alcohol.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes. GF butter and a little cheese with eggs. I am looking to add some size at the moment so I am going to begin cycling more dairy into the diet soon.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of black everyday. Have been slowly trying to go 50/50 decaf regular

Motivator for switching to Primal: I eating primal when I tipped the scaled at 215 in July 2010. I was so upset that I had let myself go so much. I was always very active in sports in HS and college and then just ballooned from a healthy 170s with plenty of muscle to 215 with a spare tire and man-boobs.

Favorite exercise: CROSSFIT!! Also enjoy hiking and walking the dog.

Favorite Primal food: This is the hardest question! I have become quite the chef since going primal so picking a single food is near impossible. I would have to say a post-workout meal of rare steak, sauteed spinich in coconut oil and a sweet potatoe might be the most satisfying meal on the planet.

Best part about being Primal: Well, I have always struggled with body image issues from being pretty overweight as a child. In high school, I got things under control and maintained well until after college. Since going paleo, I have gotten back that "I can do anything" attitude. I am confident in my body again and I don't struggle with any of the body image issues I did before.

Worst part about being Primal: Social settings can be difficult and I have been working on new methods of saying no or finding hacks to keep myself full and happy going out. The other challenge I have found is dating someone that eats a SAD. I'm not so fanatical that I CAN'T date someone that isn't paleo, but it would be nice to find a partner that was onboard for it.
                  My Leangains Journey

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

Comment

• Your location: Whitby, Ontario

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I'd say 50-60%.

Do you consume dairy: Butter and Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: The health of myself and my children.

Favorite exercise: Walking while taking in the views.

Favorite Primal food: MMMMMM....Meat. Venison when I can get it!

Best part about being Primal: I know from being a creeper on here for about two weeks that the best part will be the health benefits gained, emotionally and physically.

Worst part about being Primal:I honestly can't answer this yet.

Comment

• The Answers:

Your location: Pacific Northwest

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: Becoming more so after today's start on the Primal Blueprint!

Do you consume dairy: YES! Love milk, yogurt, cheese (especially Dubliner Irish Cheddar)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee is best smelled and not consumed! LOL. I do drink some diet pop though...

Motivator for switching to Primal: I can't seem to lose weight AND keep it off.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, Stairmaster, biking, kayaking, splitting firewood (Firewood splitting make Triaker strong.....)

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Will let you know

Worst part about being Primal: I love pizza and burgers (part of the reason I have trouble with weight-loss eh?) So no more breads will be tough but we'll see how it works out!

Comment

• How Primal are you: Hard to say. I don't eat any grains or refined sugars, but I still consume some processed foods and non-organic meats/vegetables. That's because it's a matter of cost and I'm also not 100% responsible for what I eat and what our family buys. Gradually getting more primal on that though.

All in all I'd say around 85%

Comment

• Your location: Shropshire UK.

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 100% just coming into 2nd week averaging 1600-1900 cals, 80-120g Carbs.
                          Do you consume dairy: Yogurt very small amount semi skimmed.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, Coffee once a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fed up of Brown rice and Porridge :-)

Favorite exercise: Kick Boxing, walking some free weights, Yoga.
                          Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet :-)

Worst part about being Primal: At the moment, it has to be the 'crashes', lets hope they pass soon.

Lets see how we gate on.

Comment

• Hi, I'm 26 and I went primal about a month ago. I don't like to keep tight numbers, just sort of go with it. I was floating around 208, fluctuating between that and 211 on a bad day, my gut was disgusting, accentuated because of my thin build. I had an alien body. I was 196.5 this morning, the gut is steadily disappearing and I feel lighter and just overall better about myself.

When I run, I float, with plenty of energy left at the end of my 1.5 mile jaunts. I ran before going primal but it was a chore lugging the extra ugly weight around. Running is fun for me. Before going primal I thought I had to do it everyday. And I did. But since starting primal, I run when I feel like, sometimes not for 4 or 5 days. And I'm still gaining in performance. Running my first 5k this month.

Very good so far. Incorporating upper body strength exercises is my focus right now. I am keeping it simple. Push ups and pull ups. Doing negative pull ups until I can do a regular one. Nothing crazy, but slowly improving.

Very good, yes. Good to be here.

Comment

• Your location: Westchester county NY

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: trying to be 100% but I have to get the girl scout cookies out of my house :-)

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have to lose my last 10 lbs of baby weight. I was doing Weight watchers but I was starving. I did atkins back in 2004 and lost weight with that eating foods I love. After researching on the internet I found Primal and loved what I read. Here I am.

Favorite exercise: nothing in particular, just weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: filet mignon cooked in butter

Best part about being Primal: being able to eat my favorite foods (butter, cheese, red meat, bacon) and lose weight while not feeling like I am being deprived.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found one yet, but its only been 1 week.

Comment

• Your location: Pacific Northwest

How Primal are you: Not very - just starting out!

Do you consume dairy: Some - only milk with cereal once in a while, yogurt and cheese - going to cut that out as of tomorrow

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: Giving up sugar for lent anyway, so I figured I might as well go all the way. My family also calls me "carb queen" so I wanted to see if I could do it. My iron levels are low, so the increase in veg/meat should help with that too.

Favorite exercise: winter - skiing, summer - hiking and running

Favorite Primal food: Plain carrots =)

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet, but eager to learn!

Worst part about being Primal: Hope I won't have too much of the worst part =)

I'm going to start my primal transition tomorrow - nervous! Any tips for starting out??

Comment

Working...
                                X