• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: New Brunswick Canada

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:Not sure

Do you consume dairy:Some yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been diagnosed with an eating disorder; Body Image Distortion, as well as Binge Eating Disorder. I have been experimenting with a diet that a former body builder friend has started me on... low carb, high protein and no processed foods. I love knowledge and am looking at different things that will work for me.

Favorite exercise: I love zumba, and resistance training

Favorite Primal food:I don't know

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Looking to get some information about living and eating well. I'm experiencing some effects of significantly reducing my carbs. Very low energy and dragging around. I like to talk about what I eat, how much and if others can give me feedback and tips. Another friend recommended this site to me and in particular the informative and supportive forums. Looking forward to some interaction.

Comment

• Greetings to all!! My name is Joe, and I am just getting started in my Primal journey. Here's my answers to the obligatory intro questions....

Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: So-so, just getting started for the past month or so

Do you consume dairy: I do sometimes. Mainly some greek yogurt with my eggs and the occassional bit of cheese. No milk though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Down to 3/4 decaf on the coffee. Green tea every afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My wife being diagnosed as having a gluten allergy. Got me doing more research on my diet and nutrition. That search eventually led me here. Also, just tired of being tired and being unable to lose the last few pounds.

Favorite exercise: Don't have one yet. I've been strictly cardio through my weight loss journey and am now just getting into strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!

Best part about being Primal: Being able to do a four mile run without having to "fuel up" beforehand

Worst part about being Primal: Following through on my goal to run a marathon this year by training for it while learning to be Primal. Ugh...

Comment

• I am 33.
        I have been completely primal since Jan. 24, '11.
        The only dairy I have consumed in the last month is sour cream, butter, and plain greek yogurt.
        Besides water, I drink only herbal tea and herbal coffee (teeccino).
        I had my fourth baby in November. I had lots of baby fat and found out that I had a big problem with candida 3 weeks after I gave birth. I have fought this ever since. When I started my dietary change a month ago it was a candida diet, but with some research I discovered that it was very much like the primal way of eating. I have lost 11lbs and 5.5" in this month and feel incredible! The candida problem is gone and I feel better than I have in years! With this, I have decided that this is the way I want to continue to feel, so I took this on as a lifestyle. I had only lost a few pounds after the initial loss of weight just after birth. I have struggled with weight loss since my 2 baby.
        So far I have not done any exercise, but I have been reading about what is suggested on this website and am going to get started right away. What is suggested feels doable for me even with 4 kids. Most workout routines are just too time consuming and overwhelming for me with my busy schedule.
        My favorite food is all of it and not having to count or weigh anything (this is also the best part of this lifestyle).
        So far, I don't have a worst part. How can there be a bad part when I have seen so much progress so quickly?

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Fayetteville, NC

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Very new to primal living, working on day 3. I feel great so far, except for a somewhat upset tummy.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, occasional cottage cheese, milk, and feta cheese. But I may cut them out completly soon.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hot black tea. I used to take it with sugar, but I quit cold turkey 3 days ago.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, vitality, clarity. I want to have an abundance of energy, and lose some weight as well.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and steak

Best part about being Primal: So far the best thing for me has been the ability to sleep all night and wake up feeling well rested.

Worst part about being Primal: I have had some stomach issues since starting, but am hoping it is due to the extra animal fat.

Comment

• Your location: London

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Just now? Not at all! Have toyed with primal previously, cutting out grains but not dairy. Did it for a while and felt amazing but then "fell off the wagon". Currently a sugar fiend due to stress so now embarking on the March Whole30 to get me going again.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a dash of milk in my tea. Ocasionally I use milk in cooking

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep, tea. I drink about 2 cups a day with a dash of milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need more energy...badly! Wouldn't say no to losing some pound-age also!! ;-)

Favorite exercise: Spinning and outdoor cycling

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: The confidence in knowing that it really does work!!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting through the first 2 weeks....

Comment

• Your location: houston, tx, usa

Age (If you want):21

How Primal are you: not at all, as of yet. (i am 20 pages from finishing the book and on my way to becoming primal.

Do you consume dairy: yes, a lot of it too.

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: losing weight, i am currently 6ft 268lbs and barely 21. i want to go primal for the because i have never been a slim or skinny person since i can remember and i used to be ok with it until now. i used to blame it on my genes since my whole family is over weight and i mean my whole family, no joke.

Favorite exercise: as of now i just picked up taking my dog out on the bicycle at nights but i really dont have a favorite one.

Favorite Primal food: i love meat so i think i can definitely go primal.

Best part about being Primal:yet to find out.

Worst part about being Primal:i hope nothing.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Adelaide , Australia

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Full on .....I am trying to set an example for others =]

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No ....Just water , the occasional fresh veggie juice ..and coconut milk =]

Motivator for switching to Primal: learnt about it trolling youtube vids , and it made so much sense that I had to try it ...3 months on , still going strong =]

Favorite exercise: Hiking in the bush ....its not only good for the body , but the soul as well =]

Favorite Primal food: Bacon ...I have it with nearly everything ...its my version of MSG , it makes everything taste better =D

Best part about being Primal: I feel that things are how they should be , I'm healthier , more alert , have energy to burn and am generally much happier with my life =]

Worst part about being Primal: Finding like minded people , c'mon Aussies ..where the bloody hell are you ?( that's an inside aussie joke peeps lol )
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paleo-...43036789093004

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Los Angeles area

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: totally!

Do you consume dairy: rarely, a big accomplishment for me, since I LOVE cheese and yogurt. I have been keeping consumption to once per week, but not much.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, love my morning Joe

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm learning about the health benefits, so it's new still, and I can't yet articulate to others about why, because as Mark says, it is totally Counter-Intuitive to everything we've been told for decades. The other reason, and very important to me, is to lose 15 lbs. Doesn't sound like a lot, but since I'm short (5 feet) it means a lot.

Favorite exercise: I LOVE hiking, but I also really like wt lifting.

Favorite Primal food: STEAK! but I really like the almond flour muffins I've found out about. Don't make those too often so I don't overeat!

Best part about being Primal: I FEEL GREAT! I really do....no cravings, high energy/low hunger. I'm a "closet" beef lover, as if that's socially unacceptable!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss oatmeal and oat bran, and occasionally, would enjoy some buckwheat groats (kasha) or quinoa or something!!

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Nashville

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 80-ish %

Do you consume dairy: My weakness. Lactose free milk in my cafe con leche. Occasional cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf espresso. I know, oxymoron.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I actually went primal before I knew what primal was. Due to undiagnosed gluten intolerance I stopped being able to eat anything but meat and veggies. When I discovered Primal I could have wept for joy.

Favorite exercise: Creek-walking. Is that a real term? My boyfriend and I like to take the dog (crazy Australian cattle dog) to the creek and walk in it with her. Too cold now so it's been regular walking and grouting tiles.

Favorite Primal food: Pork belly!

Best part about being Primal: Pork belly! Oh wait, already said that. Health benefits, farmers markets, digging in the dirt, it feels natural.

Worst part about being Primal: People thinking you're nuts, trying to find primal food when out and about.
                    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Your location: Johnsonburg, NJ (near Blairstown and the Delaware Water Gap)

Age (If you want): 1,488,481,244 seconds (47 years)

How Primal are you: 80 to 100% It depends on the day.

Do you consume dairy: Milk in my coffee, and the occasional cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just makes sense! I tried vegetarian but could only last short periods. I like to eat meat. I gave up the "three white devils" (sugar, rice, and flour) stopped eating almost all processed food and had a diet I described as "vegetarian, but I eat meat" and things were going pretty good. Then I came across the primal diet and realized it was really close, but better. I also had some issues with high cholesterol and would fight with the wife who wanted me to take medication even though all the tests my cardiologist ran showed there was no blockage or buildup. High cholesterol without working towards a heart attack? How can that be possible? Is someone lying?

Favorite exercise: Trail running with multiple stops for exercise on the trail. Lots of body-weight exercise and I also use rocks I find along the way to add more resistance. Its always funny when some hikers walk up on me and I am squatting or doing overhead presses with small boulders.

Favorite Primal food: Spinach salad with flank steak, red peppers, a few other veggies, and sprinkled with toasted coconut. (my own recipe)

Best part about being Primal: It doesn't require special food (other than grass fed beef) and I can do it without a gym membership.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss homemade pizza. So I cheat.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: South Alabama

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I once covered myself in doe urine and leaves under a tree with a salt lick dangling above me and waited motionless for 7 hours. When a 10 point buck came near, I stabbed him in the neck, built a fire, and ate his liver and a few other organs before carrying the rest of the meat back home. So I would say about 80%.

Do you consume dairy: not in the last two months

Do you drink coffee or tea: heck yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: basketball

Favorite Primal food: bacon wrapped .......

Best part about being Primal: bacon wrapped .......

Worst part about being Primal: less Sushi and beer

Comment

• Your location: Fayetteville NC

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Mostly primal, sort of easing myself into it, not very good at quitting things cold turkey.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee a few times a week, but I plan on cutting back/out

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seeing countless stories of amazing results on this website. Also, the desire to live a more healthy, minimalistic lifestyle centered around eating clean, natural foods that my body is designed to process. After having tried and failed with countless other diets, I have realized that I am in need of a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. I also like that there is an entire online community of folks who share what you are doing when others think its nuts, or weird!

Favorite exercise: Lifting, squatting, hiking. Doing things outside rather than inside a sweaty, crowded gym where everyone watches and critiques you. I don't like the idea of standing in line to use a machine.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am putting clean, natural foods inside my body instead of chemicals and hormones. Also, bringing life back to a more natural, minimalistic point.

Worst part about being Primal: I have learned that its tough to eat out! There is a lot of meal planning involved for me, to ensure that I eat all the right things, which isn't a bad thing, just a new thing. Also, its a lot more expensive!
                          My new blog! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37215.html Come see me!

Comment

• Your location: UK

Age (If you want): Older than my teeth

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel more energetic more stable moods

Favorite exercise: running & cycling

Favorite Primal food: Chilli con Carne

Best part about being Primal: weight

Worst part about being Primal: Pre menstrual cravings for chocolate, jelly babies and anything else sweet
                            Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
                            Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:
                              Canada
                              Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                              on and off again, i would say I am in preparation phase and am gaining more and more information. This primal way certainly fits my lifestyle and eating patterns but I do like some of the paleo concepts as well. The roadblock is that I am on my own and that my wife and young kids are eating conventionally. I find it difficult when i see my children eat alot of grains and dairy after all the information I read on the negative aspects.

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, some cream in my coffee, and some whole cheeses and feta on my salads

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Did all kinds of low carb with success and was interested in paleo but did not know if i could keep up the regimen. Primal philosophies make sense to me, basically want to shed some weight and look great naked.

Favorite exercise:

Play, love ice hockey, and golf always walk, playing with the kids.

Favorite Primal food:
                              Applewood smoked bacon with organic free range eggs, chicken breast with skin and fresh big ass salads with stir fry's for supper, almonds

Best part about being Primal:

not being hungry all the time

Worst part about being Primal:

Hard to access grass finished beef and nitrate free bacon in my neck of the woods, the more educated you get on organic meat and produce the more you feel bad about eating conventional made meat. Also, the cost of the meat is through the roof for a family of 5.

Comment

• Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a week or so learning what I can about PB. Took the plunge and began my primal life today. Got Mark's book last week and am about halfway through it, and it's an excellent read. Got my Primal Essentials Kit supplements today and started those as well.
                                Looking forward to talking to everyone in the forums! Now, on to the questions...

Your location: Virginia

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: That's a tough one considering I've only been Primal for 12 hours, LOL...

Do you consume dairy: Didn't today, but the jury's still out. I love milk & cheese and have no issues with dairy of any kind, but am seeing conflicting reports on its effects so...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional coffee drinker, but that will go away with no problem.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lots of ortho issues (joint pains) and want to lose 10-15 lbs. Have high cholesterol and a family history of diabetes, heart disease, and cancer, and after reading about Primal eating and its benefits it was a no-brainer.

Favorite exercise: Recently discovered the rowing machine. Awesome!

Favorite Primal food: Bloody meat.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm doing good for my body.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet, but I sure miss milk!

Comment

Working...
                                X