Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK (though I'm Florida born)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I'd say 50/50 right now for a variety of reasons.. aim to be as close to 100% as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I already believed in/ followed many Primal practices before I knew they were Primal, so when I came across MDA it just made sense to go 100%.

Favorite exercise: Dancing and mountain climbing

Favorite Primal food: I have to pick just one?! Medium rare fillet steak.

Best part about being Primal: I feel amazing. and a little sexy.

Worst part about being Primal: cost of food can get crazy-high, dealing with CW ignorance.

Comment

• Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Fell off the bandwagon in London and Paris the last few weeks. I started back yesterday with a 36 hour fast and feel better already. Looking forward to getting a decent workout in after my foot heals!

Do you consume dairy: very little, normally in the form of chocolate from Endangered Species.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea, I use almond milk for everything.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried every fad diet and almost every workout. Past the point of being anorexic, bulimic or using some sort of substance to be thin, I just want to be healthy and happy... Seeking that balance. I found that this works for me but got consumed by pastries on my vacation! Back to primal I go!

Favorite exercise: Quickly becoming long trail walking/light hiking. I love the gym too!

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: more energy, and just "happy"

Worst part about being Primal: no eclairs

Comment

• Sorry, missed this thread, so here goes:

Your location: Hampshire, UK

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: 80/20 Maybe

Do you consume dairy: a little, double cream, little cheese, little milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Constant colds, sore throats etc. stumbled on the website, bought the book, and so on and so on!

Favorite exercise:long hikes in the hills

Favorite Primal food:salmon, bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: convenience sometimes, always have to plan ahead I find.

Comment

• Your location:
          mexico
          Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: well i used to eat all kinds of carb's like mexican ppl do but now iam trying to start on my primal

Do you consume dairy: cheese, soda, bread, tortillas, potatoe ships, etc..

Do you drink coffee or tea: cofee

Motivator for switching to Primal: first of all my overweight, i want to make musscle loss weight and get energy to make some sports and train in gym

Favorite exercise: muay thai

Favorite Primal food: all

Best part about being Primal: all

Worst part about being Primal: nothing

Comment

• Your location: Minnesnowda

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I don't wear saber-tooth skins and wander with a spear, but I have kicked all grains/processed sugars (or anything processed)/dairy and am working on a fitness routine.

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: the garbage gut I have been suffering with for years

Favorite exercise: moderately paced walks.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Duh.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't found it yet, still craving sugar by the bowl full.

Worst part about being Primal: wanting to dig peanut M&Ms out of the garbage, and my fiance continuing to eat what ever the heck he wants.

Comment

• Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Almost one month in and doing great

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: unsweet tea every now and then..Coffee(YUCK) never touched the stuff

Motivator for switching to Primal: Celiac Disease, Found out after spending 15 days in the hospital in Jan of this year. Primal just makes the adjument so much easier.

Favorite exercise: Tough one! Kettlebells and Kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: Steak of course

Best part about being Primal: Its easy to do and easy to learn

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing!!!!

Comment

• Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: Just starting out! (Waiting for the book and cookbook but have already made dietary changes).

Do you consume dairy: Love cheese and yoghurt. Have not added any to my diet this last week ......... not to say I won't have dairy again though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea every day (British) ......... alternate Black and Green Teas and have no more than 1 cup of coffee a day (sometimes none, depending on how I feel).

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need a lifestyle change; want more energy and health.

Favorite exercise: is there such a thing? lol (joking) ......... I am working on that but if I had access to a pool on regular basis it would definitely be swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Working on that!

Best part about being Primal: Just starting out, still on the road of discovery.

Worst part about being Primal: Same as above.

Comment

• Hey everyone!

Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 40

How primal are you: I'd say about 90%

Do you consume dairy: Very small amounts, only yoghurt every couple of days (for probiotics), cheese in dishes occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black tea or herbal tea - gave up coffee when went primal, surprisingly don't even miss it

Motivator for switching to primal: Has intrigued me for a couple of years, as makes sense physiologically, but decided to make the leap at christmas, as sick of intestinal problems and hypo-glycemica attacks

Favorite exercise: walking, tyre flips and trying to get better at pull-ups

Favorite primal food: Blueberries...YUMMM, and any sort of primal quiche / frittata - I make my family eat this at least twice a week!

Best part about being primal: Feeling healthy, no hypo-glycemic dips between meals - I mean not a single one since going primal, and not having daily tummy aches

Worst part about being primal: Pretty much the same as a lot of other Groks, having to try to justify the way I eat to ignorant CW people.

Comment

• Hey peoples!

Your location: New Brunswick (also known as "The Brunz") NJ

Age (If you want): 19 (though I'll be 20 in a matter of weeks!!!)

How primal are you: Not as much as I'd like to be considering my food comes from a dining hall (if I had to give it a number I'd say around 80%)

Do you consume dairy: Small amounts, mostly butter, full-fat yogurt (Fage... yum) and some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely, but yes

Motivator for switching to primal: Gaining weight (ironically enough) and getting some health issues under control. I was also curious after reading about it and decided to give it a go

Favorite exercise: walking, biking, jogging, ROCK CLIMBING (!!!); pretty much anything outdoors-y

Favorite primal food: MEAT!!! (I used to be vegetarian) - I also like a good omelet

Best part about being primal: Feeling healthy, eating when I'm hungry as opposed to a schedule, no crazy exercise regiments

Worst part about being primal: Trying to explain to my parents that cutting out all grains (e.g. bread, rice, pasta, etc) isn't going to make me lose weight again and go back down the road of an ED. So basically having to put up with CW-minded eaters.
                    My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

• Your location: Kent, OH, which is outside of Cleveland.

Age (If you want): 26.

How primal are you: Well, I just started today, so it's hard to say. My plan is to be about 95% there.

Do you consume dairy: I'm going to try to kick all dairy for the first 30 days, with the exception of minimal amounts of butter. I was never much of a cow's milk drinker, but now that I'm going primal I've replaced my soy milk with "So Delicious" coconut milk (it had fewer additives than almond milk).

Do you drink coffee or tea: I only have a cup of coffee when I really need an energy boost. I'm hoping that need will disappear once I'm into the swing of going Primal.

Motivator for switching to primal: A few reasons. First, a mere 3 years ago, I weighed 90 pounds more than I do now. Using mostly unhealthy means, I lost a total of 120 pounds. If you've done your math, I gained 30 back. I'm tired of yo-yo-ing and was looking for a lifestyle change I could stick to. I wanted something simple. Also, I've been talking for about 2 years about how much I wanted to switch to "clean eating" and going primal will allow me to do that.

Favorite exercise: Walking, jogging, kettlebells.

Favorite primal food: Veggies!

Best part about being primal: It's still early, so it's hard to say. Right now, I'm enjoying the simplicity.

Worst part about being primal: Giving up peanut butter, which is my absolute favorite food. I used to eat it every single day with breakfast.
                      -Krystal

Comment

• Your location: Midwestern USA

Age (If you want): 16

How Primal are you: Newbie (haven't totally given in yet)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I think I'll be consuming less now

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope, and I don't plan to. I don't like either... :/

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight, more energy, better health

Favorite exercise: nature walks <3

Favorite Primal food: Im not very familiar with primal foods yet but I LOVE meat!! Especially beef mmm

Best part about being Primal: it's not just a diet, it's a lifestyle and it works

Worst part about being Primal: giving up grains... but I don't think I'll miss them too much

Comment

• Your location: Virgina

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Probably about 70% for the past two weeks, I've been pretty good during the week just kind of fell off during the weekends... After trying it a bit I'm officially starting the 30 day challenge today so should be a lot closer to 95% now that I'm fully committed.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea yes, stopped doing coffee a few months ago

Motivator for switching to Primal: Borrowed the book from a friend, and it seemed to really make sense. I started incorporating some of the principals into my diet to see how it went, and noticed when I was being completely primal I felt a lot better. Can't argue with that!

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much better when I'm being Primal, not to mention I sleep better!

Worst part about being Primal: Family and friends not getting it and trying to push non primal foods ... sigh ... hopefully that will get better over time
                          SW - 206 (08/20/11)
                          CW - 199 (08/29/11)

Comment

• Your location: South Jersey Shore

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: About 40% ,,and climbing!

Do you consume dairy: Just Greek Yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: The Photo of Mark and his wife on the back dust cover of The Primal Blueprint! :-)

Favorite exercise: One leg squats and dragon flags

Favorite Primal food: BACON!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better overall

Worst part about being Primal: No Pizza :-(

Comment

• Your location: Central Arkansas

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I would not consider myself very primal yet, but I am working on it.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and yogurt only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: The biggest motivation for me is weight loss. But I would also like to live a more natural life void of genetically modified this and that and free from chemicals I can not pronounce. I want to be strong and healthy.

Favorite exercise: I love to walk.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados, berries, chicken, bacon.

Best part about being Primal: The primal diet has given me a culinary challenge. After just a few days I could feel a significant difference and noticed my appitite had begun to decrease.

Worst part about being Primal: Again with the culinary challenge (can be both a good and bad thing). I am addicted to carbs and I am finding it difficult to tell when I am hungry and when I am not.

Comment

• Age - 39

How Primal are You: I'm currently on a Dr. supervised protein sparing modified fast. I don't plan to eat fully primal until I'm at least done with the four month plan (2 1/2 months in now, and down about 55 lbs). I have incorporated primal philosophies into my exercise (by dialing down intensity most days and adding two resistance and one sprint workout a week).

Dairy: My plan has four servings of dairy a day. And they're generally low fat. I don't seem to respond to dairy the way I obviously do to grains. I'll probably keep with lower fat dairy servings until I'm closer to goal and then transition to the better, fattier and cultured stuff. I do eat quite a bit of (non fat ) Greek yogurt.

Coffee/Tea? Prodigous amounts of oolong or black tea. Unsweetened. Maybe a large coffee every other day. Also unsweetened, no cream.

Motivation to (gradually) switch to Primal: Obviously, the plan I'm on right now has some elements that are pretty aggresivley non-Primal. But there are some sunk costs, and frankly, it is very difficult to turn your back on losing 4 lbs a week, even if you understand that it would be healthier. The broad outlines of Primal, however, makes a lot of sense. And I don't want to rely on frankenfoods (protein shakes and bars) forever. The current diet does restrict carbs, by necessity. And it eliminates wheat, which has led to a whole host of health improvements I might not have even recognized without lurking around MDA and other sites for a month or so.

Favorite Primal foods: Everyone loves steak. But eat a bunch of protein bars for 3 months and you suddenly begin to LOVE vegetables. Brussel sprouts, spinach, asparagus. I crave them, and I take any opportunity that's convenient to replace a protein bar with a lean protein and lots of veggies. Looking forward to eventually using fattier cuts. Also a big fan of eggs.

Favorite exercise: Long day hikes on the weekends with my wife. I used to spend all weekend in front of a laptop or television. It's nice to just get out in the woods, get some sunlight, and actually talk to my wife.

Best part about Primal: I think it's clear that I'm already feeling some of the benefits of primal. I'm not hungry because my insulin is well regulated. My blood work is better. My mental focus is much improved without wheat, and I don't have a host of inflammation issues that I won't go into. Learning to hold myself back on workouts has improved my results while preventing overtraining injuries (which have derailed more than one of my attempts to lose weight).

Worst part of being Primal: I'm anticipating an issue in forcing myself to cook the right thing and not just order carryout. I also sense that my wife is onboard with limiting carbs, but not necessarily with increasing saturated fat. I'll probably miss pizza (even though most pizza I ate was objectively pretty bad) and pasta.

Comment

Working...
                                X