X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Very new to it! So far I'm surprised that I really don't crave the breads and sugar that have been a major part of my diet in the past...the coke zero habit will be harder to kick

Do you consume dairy: Yes - don't drink milk but I still enjoy butter, cheese, etc

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither - can't stand the taste

Motivator for switching to Primal: ...vanity? Honestly though, I'm at the very top end of the "healthy" weight range for my height. I'm young and want to clean up my eating now before it leads to problems down the road (and yeah, get leaner too!). I have lost weight through calorie counting in the past but it really exacerbates my tendency to binge. I'm trying primal in the hope that it will be sustainable and enjoyable as well as healthy in the long run.

Favorite exercise: Anything outdoors - hiking, rock climbing, ultimate frisbee or soccer with a few friends.

Favorite Primal food: Still trying out new recipes...I did make a beef stroganoff recipe (sans noodles) the other night that was to die for

Best part about being Primal: Just started

Worst part about being Primal: Can't partake in the numerous free lunches I get through school!

Comment

• Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Uhhh.. grew up primal, backslid for a while as an adult, now 3 weeks back in

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I plan on limiting it next month, but I'm easing back in now, and cheese is my kryptonite.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I grew up primal, due to my parents' health issues. Backslid as an adult into closer to SAD. Realized how much I felt like crap and how weak I was getting, made the commitment back to Primal.

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy things. Pole dancing. Roller skating (I know, it's goofy - which is why I like it!).

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, salmon, bacon, venison, spring mix salad.

Best part about being Primal: I have so much energy!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm a hardcore foodie from a hearty Italian family with an intense love of all things pasta and pastry.

Comment

• Your location: Harrisburg, PA, USA

Age (If you want): almost thirty

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mainly heavy cream with coffee, strained yogurt and cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Curiousity

Favorite exercise: Walking to work, walking from work to farmers market, walk back to work, walking back home. Still running because I like it.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, fish of any kind and steak made by my boyfriend

Best part about being Primal: Not having to cook pasta or keep bread. Realize it might be easy to turn my boyfriend on to it as he loves steak.

Worst part about being Primal: I love to bake and have many pans to do it in.

Comment

• Your location: Nevada

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: not very.....yet

Do you consume dairy: yes, milk now switching to Almond milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and Arbonne detox tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: need to lose 30#'s and feel like myself again

Favorite exercise: hiking and definately dancing

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: mmmmmmm

Worst part about being Primal: mmmconvenience

Comment

• Your location: Cambridge (the proper one in the UK, not the newbie in Mass )

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: not yet, just learning.

Do you consume dairy: before Monday, loads. From now, only milk in tea and some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black coffee and all kinds of tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel like crap. I'm 40 pounds too heavy, slow up hills, bloated, grumpy and need to turn my diet and life around. A friend has been on this for a year and looks amazing, he's convinced me to give it a go.

Favorite exercise: cycling, hill walking, swimming. Occasional triathlon (but I hate running!)

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet, ask me again in a couple of months!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm really going to miss beans and lentils. And chips I'm also not sure what I'm going to be able to buy for lunch when I'm out seeing customers..

Comment

• Hello, world!

The Answers:

Your location: Miami, FL.

Age (If you want): 31.

How Primal are you: All or nothing!

Do you consume dairy: I used to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Achieve the potential I was meant to achieve, live healthier, become fitter, and control my Gout.

Favorite exercise: Bench Press (I know, I know...).

Favorite Primal food: Chicken (since I can't eat red meat).

Best part about being Primal:Feeling of being a real human.

Worst part about being Primal: Not everyone else is Primal.

Comment

• Your location: New Orleans

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Just starting out; waiting on receiving the book from Amazon, but have already read lots of great info here.

Do you consume dairy: Other than butter, rarely, though I've been a big cheese eater in the past.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only during the cold winter months, or unsweetened green teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and avocados.

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet… we'll see.

Worst part about being Primal: See above.

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:
                  Jupiter, Florida

Age (If you want):
                  33How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy:
                  Just cheese at this point

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                  No

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                  Lose weight and get strong

Favorite exercise:
                  Pull-ups and Deadlifts

Favorite Primal food:
                  Steak

Best part about being Primal:
                  Just started, not sure yet

Worst part about being Primal:
                  No comment yet

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location:
                    East Bay, California

Age (If you want):
                    50 and my guy is 54

Do you consume dairy:
                    cheese, but more as a condiment-and greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:
                    yes to both but cut out the afternoon cup now-don't *feel* a need for it!

Motivator for switching to Primal:
                    Stay fit, get off my reflux meds, help my guy move back into a healthy diet after being a vegetarian for 6 years. He gained weight, and lost muscle in spite of working out! so discouraging for him.

Favorite exercise:
                    Playing tag! and doing P90X together

Favorite Primal food: ALL of it!!
                    bacon wrapped pork chops from trader joes, and eating eggs again!! veggies with butter, and huge salads

Best part about being Primal:
                    Easy to cook, fun to exercise again...
                    steady energy levels, sleeping like a baby, and no cravings for junk, fresh fruit as a snack- YUM

seeing people I love still eating processed foods that are not even real.

Comment

• Your location: Reno

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Not sure...still trying to figure it all out. lol

Do you consume dairy: A little when it is in the form of Greek yogurt and raw cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to give my body what it needs

Favorite exercise: P90X

Favorite Primal food: Sashimi right now but as I learn I`m sure I`ll discover much more!

Best part about being Primal: I don`t know yet

Worst part about being Primal: I think getting over the brainwashing of eating fat makes you fat
                      "Anxiety is a sign of spiritual insecurity"
                      www.beachbodycoach.com/fatbusters

Comment

• Hello...Im new...

Hello. My name is Adam Veller. I am a newcomer to the paleo/primal diet and lifestyle, as of Jan 4th, 2011. In this time I have lost 15lbs body weight and some number of inches (unfortunately, I forgot to measure myself at the start). My clothes are all starting to fit more loosely, especially my pants, and I feel great with tons and tons of energy! I am an avid weightlifter/boxer(training)/runner/exercise enthusiast. I am most interested in seeing how the primal diet & lifestyle will help me grow and maintain my hard earned muscle mass all while Im burning away that nasty flab!!! My goal is 210lbs final bodyweight with 10% bodyfat. So far, so very good!

The Questions:

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Sparingly

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the am (mostly).

Motivator for switching to Primal: My weight had ballooned up to 248 and Im a 5'8" tall man. While I have been an avid weightlifter & exercise enthusiast all my life, as I was aging I was also gaining fat. Everywhere. No matter how much I exercised. I have been an "on again, off again" low carber/meat-a-tarian/ketogenic diet subscriber for the past few years. But as my weight reached the most it has ever been I decided I needed a lifestyle change. For good.

Favorite exercise: Of course....Bench Press. Its every man's favorite, isnt it?? Or if I cant choose that then I most definitely love hitting my 100lb heavy bag for 8-10 rounds.

Favorite Primal food: New York Strip Steak

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat the foods I love, live how I want and feel great doing it.

Worst part about being Primal: That it took me until I turned 41 to find this lifestyle! What I could have been/done as a 20 something year old by living and eating this way.....
                        If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                        James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• Your location: Northern New Jersey

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Not as much as i'd like to be

Do you consume dairy: A little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: There is too many; Its easy, too much evidence to eat anything else, wanted optimal nutrition for exercise, and it works!

Favorite exercise: Lifting and throwing large rocks

Favorite Primal food: Crabs any kind

Best part about being Primal: Better quality of life

Worst part about being Primal: Too much crappy food out there and sometimes it's hard to eat primal when you have nothing good around

Comment

• Your location: Los Angeles

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Haven't started yet/still reading

Do you consume dairy: raw milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health--mainly depression, but weight loss as well

Favorite exercise: running. soon to be sprints??

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: health

Worst part about being Primal: bread. and cake. and ice cream. Please tell me I won't miss it!
                            31, 5'5"
                            Primal since Feb 2012
                            Whole30 Start: 2/21/12
                            LR start: 2/24 @ 155.2
                            CW: 149
                            Goal: 18% BF

Comment

• Originally posted by timconradinc View Post
                              In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: NE Pa.

Age (If you want): 66

How Primal are you: Not My urologist suggested adopting the diet

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Increase testasterone levels, increase energy levels and look good.
                              Favorite exercise: Weight room three times a week

Favorite Primal food: Salmon

Best part about being Primal: Lean muscular body and hopefully higher T levels

Goes against many of my current understanding of what constitutes a good diet and exercise.

Comment

• Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: strict with the 80%..aim for 100% but understand that there will be breaks

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup on Sat. and Sunday. None during the week. Green Tea 2 -3 x during the week

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight and body fat loss

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Fish

Best part about being Primal: seeing the results and knowing that the processed garbage is no longer going into my body

Worst part about being Primal: missing the occasional sweet

Comment

Working...
                                X