Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Just started, 95%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally, if I want some extra calories

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanna get LEAN

Favorite exercise: Pullups/Dips

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Abs... hopefully

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza!

Comment

• Your location: NY

Age (If you want): 25 with a +100 extra years if this whole thing keeps up!

How Primal are you: 85/90%...not very good at estimating.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, definite increase since I can't cook while working. Easiest is to bring yogurt and eat some cheese. No milk! It smells weird to me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Teaholic. I like my tea to have a kick. Sometimes I think it's stronger than coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My sister came back home with amazing, glowing skin and that extra sparkle that was new to see.

Favorite exercise: .....Trying to get started on that, but I always say- I walk REALLYYYYYYY fast!

Favorite Primal food: None in particular. I realized it's the way I naturally ate at home anyways and everything else got in the way; that darn cereal!

Best part about being Primal: I get to terrify people about eating butter left and right.

Worst part about being Primal: It turned me into a part-time evangelist. I'm trying to work on not being that.

Comment

• Primal EH? The only thing to be gathered in January is snow and dog poo.

Day 15 of carb flu. 8lbs annihilated. Anxious for all that energy you guys are overflowing with.

Your location: Montreal, Canada

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: trying for better than 80% on the nutrition side, but I still gotta shave my legs and pits, no compromises on that one guys!

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and I have a thing goin' on but we're trying to keep it on the down low.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, no sugar, coffee w/milk/almond milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The basics; feel, look better naked, decrease symptoms of depression, rid myself from my mysterious back pain, find some joie de vivre and live...y'know LIVE life.

Favorite exercise: modified plank pose with across the shoulder tap, makes my baby ab muscles feel all warm and tingly.

Favorite Primal food: I can't name just one cuz' i'm a kick ass cook.

Best part about being Primal: YOU GUYS! everyone who participates on this forum. Learning to listen to my body and trying to understand it's language

Worst part about being Primal: Learning to listen to my body and trying to understand it's language

Comment

• intro

Your location: rural Pennsylvania

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Cheese, cottage cheese, some milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Tea with a little bit of sucralose, coffee with milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight climbing in to obese range, metabolic syndrome lurking

Favorite exercise: bicycling, usually 10 miles 5-6 days per week Spring through Fall. Not much this winter.

Favorite Primal food: meat!

Best part about being Primal: Lost 33 lb, flat stomach, more energy

Worst part about being Primal: nothing so far

Comment

• Your location: Newark, Delaware

Age (If you want): 55.5

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly yogurt, cheese and butter, and some non-homogonized whole milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with cream or whole milk, black tea with milk and a little raw sugar, green tea with nothing.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health

Favorite exercise: My TRX class, but I also like to run/walk trails in the local park

Favorite Primal food: Don't really have one yet - all of them

Best part about being Primal: Eating the good stuff, like cream, pork and beef fat.

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating grains. I like oatmeal and cheesy grits. I'm not a big bread eater (except for grilled cheese sandwiches), but I like cakes and cookies. My dad bakes all kinds of cookies at Christmas. I still ate a slice of cake yesterday at my granddaughter's first birthday party. People look at you funny if you tell them how you're eating. My husband looks at me funny when I tell him he should cut out grains.

Comment

• Hello All

Your location:
              Pacific Northwest

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
              Just discovered this way of eating on Friday... had a couple of primal meals so far...yum!
              I have a kitchen stocked with non-primal foods like whole grains, legumes, and beans

Do you consume dairy:
              Try not to because I have an addiction to cheese and have always felt that dairy was bad for you

Do you drink coffee or tea:
              Coffee...yes! I have to admit I am addicted and I even use International Delight (I know...cringe)

Motivator for switching to Primal:
              I have been in search of the right way to nourish my body and this just makes sense

Favorite exercise:
              Running and circuit training

Favorite Primal food:
              Eggs and avocado

Best part about being Primal:
              Healthy fats...yum!!

Worst part about being Primal:
              I guess getting rid of conventional thinking that grains and beans are good for you. Plus beans have always been one of my very favorite foods!

Comment

• Your location: jersey

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: not sure, gonna guess at about 85-90 percent

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: husband diagnosed as prediabetic

Favorite exercise: running and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: pork tenderloin

Best part about being Primal: not feeling bloated

Worst part about being Primal: having a lot of vegan and vegetarian friends who think i'm killing myself.
                Our primal family journal.

Comment

• Howdy!

The Questions:

Your location: Rockwall, TX

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I'm human

Do you consume dairy: sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: kept finding recipes my son (food allergies) could eat via "paleo" Google searches

Favorite exercise: High-Intensity, Slow-Paced Strength Training (a la Dr. Doug McGuff and Andrew Baye)

Favorite Primal food: Osso Bucca

Best part about being Primal: It's a lifestyle

Worst part about being Primal: It's an expensive lifestyle

Comment

• Hi All, I'll be making a more detailed post later, but here's the quickie. I've been reading the site for several months now, just got around to registering and joining the forums today.

The Questions:

Your location: Live in AZ, work in Ca during the week. Commuting sucks.

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80% +. I haven't made the leap into grass fed/pastured yet, but I'm fully onboard with all the other principles.

Do you consume dairy: Rare glass of milk, but I love cheeses and I'll do greek yogurt or cottage cheese a couple times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely coffee, but tea (hot or iced) most days of the week, at least a glass or two.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to LIVE, not merely plod along with diabetes, overweight, with a terrible quality of life.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat of any sort. Preferably with bones in it.

Best part about being Primal: I feel GREAT

Worst part about being Primal: Convenience. Most places to eat aren't set up for Grok, so choosing meals on the run takes more work. Packing a lunch isn't always an option. I had to really adjust how I ate from a meal perspective (ultimately a good thing)

Comment

• Your location: Illinois - land of lincoln, soy, and corn!

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: realistically, about 70% I still have a hard time at parties and on weekends (hi beer)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but cutting back. Usually only cheese on salads.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes. I've started having my coffee with coconut milk, its so good!

Motivator for switching to Primal: More energy, look better naked, fat loss, achieving optimal health

Favorite exercise: bicycling, I bike to work every day of the week even through winter

Favorite Primal food: roasted chicken thigh + leg and skin

Best part about being Primal: eating more fat and not being hungry ALL the time

Worst part about being Primal: finding ways to eat primal at parties or traveling for work, these situations can end up with me making poor nutrition choices.
                      My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

Comment

• Your location: South USA

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: meat, veggies, fruit....one little bit of dark chocolate everyday (like an ounce or two)

Do you consume dairy: only butter/ghee and the dark chocolate

Do you drink coffee or tea: very rare but I will have an unsweet tea every now and then

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing bodyfat

Favorite exercise: I like Jillian Michaels workouts right now

Favorite Primal food: Coconut pancakes

Best part about being Primal: Easier to make choices when I have to eat out, which is a lot

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far really

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Little Rock, AR

Age (If you want): 27 (almost 28)

How Primal are you: just starting out, so...

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes some hot tea, no coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: it struck me as a very logical way to live

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: even though I've just started, I'm noticing an increase in energy (esp. in the afternoons),a couple inches off my waistline, and haven't had heartburn since I started

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet

Comment

• Hi my name is Kathy and I am super new to this way of eating. I like it alot.
                            Your location:
                            South Florida

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                            I can pretty much say that I just started this, but I would concider myself 95% primal.

Do you consume dairy:
                            I read a little on Weston Price that was around 2 years ago, so I can safely say no. The quality of milk is super bad plus being A. American, it never really got on well with me.

Tea, yes from time to time. I started using coffee as a crutch because my energy levels would be everywhere when I was eating CW. Now, I don't need it.

All these awesome Before and After people here on the Primal Blueprint really motivated me to really get in act together.

Favorite exercise:
                            I really enjoy weight lifting believe it or not. I never liked CW idea on fitness because it seemed like the closer to your goal weight you got the more cardio you needed to do, and I hate excessive cardio.

Favorite Primal food:
                            I don't know if this is really primal, but I love plantains! Outside of that give me some salmon and I will make it good.

The best part of being primal is not feeling like I have to eat every second. Also, I don't get brain farts all the time anymore.

Like I said I am new to eating primal, I'd say just this week I really started it. With that being said the hardest part is feeling tired(probably because I don't eat enough). When I start feeling lethargic and tired, I get a sort of panic. All the years eating carbs, have given me lot's of odd symptoms and I think that something bad will happen. Other than that there aren't any bad things about eating primally.
                            You don't have to be sick to get well

Comment

• I joined a few days ago and I have really enjoyed reading a lot of forum posts. I bought and read the Primal Blue Print in two days, breaking the rule about getting adequate sleep, mostly because I was so interested in it! I was a raw vegan for over a year and found myself underweight and showing symptoms of anorexia, physical and mental. Unfortunately, I swung too far in the other direction trying to get back to "normal" and got pretty unhealthy on SAD. I am a certified pastry chef so a cupcake here and there became a daily routine, BIG mistake!
                              I'm hopeful for the ways the primal lifestyle will help me get things back in order. Plus, I really hate running, hard core, so any life plan that discourages it is a-okie-dokie with me!
                              Your location:
                              Oh, thats a funny one, I work outside of Atlanta, spend my weekends in the backwoods and alternately sleep in different suburban areas in Georgia... I go a lot of places any given week, sleep in a lot of beds (alone).

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
                              Mindset, completely, physically, long way off, lifestyle, currently 70%
                              Do you consume dairy:
                              Yes

Both

Weight loss with the intention of building muscle. I'm joining the Navy as a Corpsman in the fall and I ultimately want to be a SAR Medic, gotta be ripped to get the job and I've got a long way to go!

Favorite exercise:
                              Lifting Heavy things, like 50lb bags of flour, or my little brother.

Favorite Primal food:
                              Elk, oh my goodness, I LOVE elk...

Renewed vitality, voracity in areas I haven't felt in years...

Nobody gets it.
                              "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
                              Denis Waitley

Comment

• Been reading since September and finally decided to register.

The Questions:

Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Mostly heavy cream and butter. I limit cheese to 2-3 times per week. No Milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I went low carb on my Dr's recommendation due to insulin resistance. I went Primal because I don't believe in eating things that aren't food.

Favorite exercise: gardening

Favorite Primal food: It's a toss up between Roast Chicken with Roasted Eggplant, Fennel and Red Peppers and Shrimp and zucchini Scampi

Best part about being Primal: The increase in energy. I felt so awful before!

Worst part about being Primal: No sourdough baguettes.

Comment

Working...
                                X