help ! pink pee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ! pink pee

just a bit concerned here as I noticed my pee was pink this afternoon. gave me quite a shock.

I did eat 1.5 oz beets last night and the same this morning but wouldnt have thought it was enough to be responsible also I eat beets on a off all year as I grow my own and havnt noticed it before .
    Would my diet have anything to do with this ?I am eating quite a lot of fat 100ish gms, around 100gms protein daily and varying amounts of carbs ranging from 30 down to 12 one day. Is the lack of carbs in the diet likely to be a factor ?
    I'm trying to shift the last 9lbs of fat to get to a modest 10 stone 7lbs ,its proving hard to shift.I'm being very strict.Is this the right way to do it ??
    Anyone else had similar experience ?
    thanks

relax. this means nothing. was it bt beets? yeah, probably.

Comment

Yep - beets will do it to me every time. It's a bit shocking to see, but nothing to worry about
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Beets.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Yep - beets will do it to me every time. It's a bit shocking to see, but nothing to worry about

ETA: But if you are worried at all, just ask your doctor to order a urinalysis for you. They can tell in a couple of minutes if there is blood or lymphocytes in your urine.
          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Beets

Comment

I eat beets and never pee pink. Hubby can eat half as much as me and says his is blood red.
              Sandra
              *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Yeah, I get a pink tint too when I eat beets. Likely nothing to worry about. If it persists (and you don't eat beets) then I would go see the doc asap.

Comment

thanks evryone for your replies. I will keep an eye on things. Maybe keep off the beets for a few days and then add them in again and see what happens.

Comment

I ate 2 large beets between Sunday's dinner and Monday's lunch. The last couple of days have been...colourful. And it ain't just pee....

Comment

It depends on other symptoms. You did not mention a horrible sharp pain and I assume you don't have one and thus it is not likely you have kidney infection. You did not mention pain during urination and I assume you don't have problems with bruised urethra. But if it persists do get it checked as there are many other reasons you can have blood in the urine. Given the chronology it's probably beets but if it doesn't clear really soon ask your doc.

Comment

Working...
                      X