No announcement yet.

I need help...seriously...I need help......sighs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so for dinner I had almost 1/2 a roasted chicken, skin on. the left over carrots and cauliflower from the day before with butter and a tomato sliced up. I had to force myself to eat the last few bites lol...so there is a full kind of regular day for me.....metric whatcha think?

Comment

Welcome. Problem solving needs data. I'd use something like fitday and food log for a couple of weeks. You will need a food scale. Then you can see exactly what your calories, macro and micro nutrients are and make adjustments accordingly. HTH

Tercio

Comment

thanks terico

Comment

Uh, what you eat is pretty much exactly what I eat, and I weigh 138 and I'm a girl. Unless your chickens are the size of Rottweilers, I'm pretty sure you can eat some more.

I second the FitDay recommendation. I checked myself recently and was pretty horrified to realize how many more calories I was consuming, and how super unbalanced they were, and how just a bite or two of potato once a week was more like potatoes every single day. Yikes. I don't count calories generally speaking, but the scale had crept steadily up for "no reason."

The culprit was nuts and dried fruit, so beware. I'd be wary of the coco milk and cream, too. It doesn't seem to effect me but my husband gains weight just looking at it. Maybe it's a thing with some people.

One other interesting thing, I used to have nausea at breakfast, too, for years and years. You might try going 100% primal for a month to see whether that subsides, like it did for me. I don't have it at all anymore, but it used to be this really annoying starving/nausea thing, then I'd eat and it would be just nausea/nausea. Good luck!

Comment

it isn't a starving nausea thing for me at all..it is i am not hungry and im not going to force myself to eat...once again this goes against what my body tells me and what mark tells me in his book...so lets just drop the breakfast issue lol...if and when i am ever hungry in the mornings..which is rare...i will eat...otherwise i do not...I suspect that is how Grok would have reacted as well.

as for eating more..again that just seems too much for me...I do not like eating until i feel sick....again that is against what mark says in his book and against how my body feels...i am not going to intentionally stuff myself and feel sick because of it...not in good health imho.

the nuts and coconut milk could be an issue, I have cut nuts out and i will see if that makes a change.

Comment

OK So I started fitday for the last 2 days and here are my results so far

Day 1: calories: 1658 fat:83.9 grams for 46% carbs: 12grams for 3 % Protein 202.2 grams for 52% Alcohol 0%

Day 2: Calories: 1599 Fat: 115.8 grams for 58% carbs: 60.5 grams for 14%, protein: 87.5 grams for 22%

so how is that looking? I am thinking my calories and protein are a bit low..carbs a bit high on day 2?

Comment

Double that. I get tired on a workday if I didn't break 2000 calories.

It's actually pretty easy to do. First, you want about a pound of meat, which is usually around 1000 calories. Less meat than that, and I'm worthless. Once a week, this is liver. It is also often seafood, duck hindquarter, lamb neck, and other budget cuts of meat. More often than not, though, it's just ground beef.

Then you've got fats. Find or make your own (it's super easy!) tallow. It's the king of fats. Add about three tablespoons of tallow to your meat for cooking, and that's another 350 calories.

Then toss your veggies into the tallow after you take the meat out. Pile of cruciferous with some leafy greens, seaweed once a week, a little turmeric, some ginger or garlic, spice it up - add these to the meat, too! Anyway, cauliflower is a great choice because as it breaks up into smaller bits it can hold more fat. Add bone broth during this time.

Then eat all the veggies and drink the fat at the end.

Add a few boiled eggs or some avocados to that, and you're usually between 2500 and 3000 calories in just one meal! But if you're not ready for one meal a day, you can always do this twice, with smaller quantities...or whatever else feels right to you.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Knife thank you for your reply..i will try to add in more calories where i can.

Comment

Originally posted by DanWebster View Post
                    Lunch was 4 eggs scrambled with peppers and onions cooked in butter, 4 strips of bacon and an apple.
                    You could easily up the calories of this meal. I would personally add a couple more eggs, and if you can get avocado, I would choose that instead of an apple. You get more fat from it and I find that it sustains longer, much lower in carbs too (unless you're aiming for higher carb level, in which case, I'd probably recommend eating the avocado and only 100g of apple or berries instead of the apple)

Nutritional information (based on approx weight of 200g)
                    Apple: 105 calories, 0.3g fat, 27.6g carbs, 20.8g sugar, 0.5g protein
                    Avocado: 320 calories, 29.3g fat, 17.1g carbs, 1.3g sugar, 4.0g protein

To me, the choice is obvious (especially when you need to add some calories).

so for dinner I had almost 1/2 a roasted chicken, skin on. the left over carrots and cauliflower from the day before with butter and a tomato sliced up. I had to force myself to eat the last few bites lol...so there is a full kind of regular day for me.....metric whatcha think?
                    This meal looks good. Do you use the oil gathered at the bottom of the pan to drizzle over your chicken? Could help a bit too.

OK So I started fitday for the last 2 days and here are my results so far

Day 1: calories: 1658 fat:83.9 grams for 46% carbs: 12grams for 3 % Protein 202.2 grams for 52% Alcohol 0%

Day 2: Calories: 1599 Fat: 115.8 grams for 58% carbs: 60.5 grams for 14%, protein: 87.5 grams for 22%

so how is that looking? I am thinking my calories and protein are a bit low..carbs a bit high on day 2?
                    Your calories look too low for a male with your activity level. What about adding a third meal right before bed. I generally like to have something high fat, mod protein, low to zero carbs. It tends to keep me full into the next afternoon. It'd be an easy way to get some more calories in. Doesn't need to be a big meal, but something that'll increase your food intake. It's the only thing I can think of doing, other than increasing the size of your other meals. Knifegill gave some good advise too. I usually eat twice a day, sometimes three. Usually get hungry at about 1500 hrs, 2030 hrs and 2230 hrs (usually only if I had a smaller meal at lunch or dinner). If you're able to add more calories in your other two meals (suggestions above), then probably not necessary for a third meal, unless you're hungry... then you'd eat.
                    Last edited by Metric; 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I do use the pan drippings, always..that is the best part lol. I don't know if I could add in more eggs..you folks seem to be able to eat more than i can at a sitting without feeling over stuffed and gross. just not my style. I hate that feeling.

Comment

I do use the pan drippings, always..that is the best part lol. I don't know if I could add in more eggs..you folks seem to be able to eat more than i can at a sitting without feeling over stuffed and gross. just not my style. I hate that feeling.
                        I never feel stuffed after I eat. I feel satisfied, but never stuffed.

What about the avocado? It's an easy way to increase calories and fat. You can keep the apple too, just realize that it has a lot of sugar and carbs in it. You could even make a guacamole instead of just having it with salt and pepper, yumm!

What about the extra meal before bed? Obviously if you're still satisfied from dinner, don't eat.

Also, if you don't want to add more eggs, don't. It's as simple as that.

In the end, the choices are yours. Hopefully you'll find something on here to help. If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Keep posting your foods, trust me, it'll be helpful to look back on.
                        Last edited by Metric; 06-27-2012, 02:31 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

love avocado, will add more fo those in for sure...the amount of food is the problem....after my meal of 2 pork chops 2 cups of cauliflower, 2 cups carrots, 1 avocado I was stuffed almost painfully so....i am not really in to stuffing myself lol. thanks for the help metric, I will keep at it.

Comment

Hi again. Since weight loss is your goal here. I'd cut the carbs and raise the fat. If i want to lose weight quickly I try to keep fat above 65%. Also, no offense to anyone, eat regular meals, don't snack, but don't eat if your not hungry and don't stuff yourself. Listen to your body, when it says enough, it's enough.

Tercio

Comment

snacking has been cut out..giving that a try. I am trying to eat as much as i can when i am hungry..not to the point of stuffing but to being fully satisfied.

Comment

Calories

Fat
                                62%
                                Carbohydrate
                                15%
                                Protein
                                23%
                                Alcohol

my fitday numbers for all of yesterday. my carbs are a bit high maybe, I am sure that is due to the spaghetti squash I had for dinner. calories are a bit higher

Comment

Working...
                                X