• Show
Clear All

Today's food:

3 eggs scrambled with some cream

BAS with chicken

Pork loin with a little mushroom rice

Snacks were almonds

Dessert was peppermint tea with cream

Had the afternoon afternoon off of work so I got to spend some time with the wife and kiddo and took a good nap.

My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
    www.fatandflour.com

Comment

Everything is still going well with the Primal eating. My pattern has been:

B: 3 fried eggs or yogurt/berry/protein smoothie
      L: BAS with plenty of meat. Dressing is either vinegarette or ranch dressing made with yogurt instead of mayo and sour cream
      S: Meat and veggies. We roast at least on chicken a week and have done pulled pork every 2-3 weeks.
      Snacks: nuts, an apple a day, banana ice cream for dessert when I feel like it.

I have considered reducing my dairy and fruit consumption, but I like them and I am still losing body fat. Also, at 5'10" and 160 lbs, I don't want to get much slimmer. I've lost 13 lbs since I started 2 months ago.

In other news, after I told my mom about the Primal plan, she decided to try the diet for Lent. This week she had her yearly check up and found that after 6 weeks primal, her LDL went down and her HDL went up over 30 points. I think she'll be sticking with it.

My wife still isn't fully on board, but has been very supportive of my experiment. As a side effect of cooking for me, her grain consumption has gone down also. Little victories.
      My wife and I have our own humble food blog. Not 100% primal, but we try to keep it interesting.
      www.fatandflour.com

Comment

Working...
      X