Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut oil in uk..

Hi there,
    Been primal for couple of weeks and loving it.. Tried Zoe harcombe a few months ago but head wasn't in right place.
    PB is much easier to get head around and easier to follow.
    Now my question is in the Uk where do you buy you're coconut oil from?? I can get it from holland and barrett but I wondered if you guys can recc a better supplier as going through it at a rate of knots..

Thanks

There are a couple of independent health shops I use in Coventry. So my advice would be to look around locally and see if you can find it anywhere that's independent, rather than a chain such as H&B. That way you should save a bit of money!

Comment

I can't offer an alternative but was in a Holland & Barrett today and they were having a buy-one-get-one-half-price sale, which might make it slightly cheaper.

Comment

Thanks for that I was being lazy and looking for an internet site but I'll get off my butt abd head into town!!

Comment

If you have an area where ethnic cuisine is the norm, head there. There will usually be wholesalers who would happily sell to the normal market. Works for me!
          Perks

Comment

We do have a chinese supermarket and Asian cash and carry but I read somewhere that the coconut oil they sell isn't of a high enough grade?? Or is that cobblers?

Comment

It's partly true, I got friendly with the Japanese store owner (he is a master of my martial and is helping me with my broken Japanese too now lol) and he now orders in higher grade coconut oil at the same price! A smile and conversation goes a long way eh? Just ask really
              Perks

Comment

Nice work with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information which we all need, helpful iformation. I would like to thank you for the efforts you shown remarkble writing skill in this nice thread.

Comment

I get mine online from Healthy Supplies: Health Food Online. you can get good size tubs of organic (800g?) and they have lots of other yummy stuff that manages to make it into my shopping basket to
                  Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Sainsbury's do extra virgin organic coconut oil, it's really nice

Comment

Tesco's do it as well, I generally go to the independant organic/health food shops in my area though (Bristolians on here might recognise the names Scoopaway, Harvest & Better Food Co)! Have you got anything similar that you can try?

What I wouldn't mind trying to get hold of is a bottle of coconut amino's!

Cheers

Comment

I bulk buy from The Coconut Oil Company.com - Coconut Oil at an unbeatable UK price! six tubs for 54 delivered.

Comment

Amazon is the current latest place I'm getting mine from

Comment

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            Tesco's do it as well, I generally go to the independant organic/health food shops in my area though (Bristolians on here might recognise the names Scoopaway, Harvest & Better Food Co)! Have you got anything similar that you can try?

What I wouldn't mind trying to get hold of is a bottle of coconut amino's!

Cheers
                            I buy mine from Better Food Co.

Tescos is cheaper then Sainsbury's and the offer from the Coconut Oil Company posted by chronyx is similar value to the Better Food Co, so the best buy for most UK peeps.
                            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Holland & Barrett also to a buy-one-get-one-for-a-penny promotion. I've noticed though that their 'Perfectly Pure' brand appears not to be organic. I also saw some reasonable offers, comparable to those mentioned above, on ebay.
                              All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Working...
                              X