No announcement yet.

Yay! I joined... Do I get a cookie now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I joined... Do I get a cookie now?

Please send all cookies to the ocean, they are totally not for me!...anymore

I've been stalking the place for the past month or so, not really sure if I wanted to venture out into the real paleo world just yet but for some reason, today felt like the perfect day to do so. I've been some what paleo since about October not knowing what to call it. I was self diagnosed with a wheat allergy..severe sneezing, swollen lymphnodes, watery eyes, if I even looked at a piece of bread. It was the most horrific time of my life. Then I find out that I could no longer consume cookies, cakes, and candies....oh my! That was the end of the world. Some how I managed and was doing quite well until thanksgiving arrived. I hated everyone who enjoyed their macaroni pies, gravy, pecan pies however superprisingly it wasn't the end of the world. I continued on with this wheat free diet aka god's diet until I started reading about paleo. As I read people's stories, blogs, ect, I kept saying to myself that I had already been doing this and now it has a title. YES! I recently dropped the dairy, white potatoes, and peanut butter and feel even more amazing.
    So that's my story and I'm sticking to it...Hello All, I'm SickOfBeingTired

Welcome! Jeeze, I had to edit the post after I realized I was being a bit of a putz about the cookies. Sorry.
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

Comment

I don't have any cookies to send, but welcome!

Comment

you get TEN COOKIES tossed into the ocean for the fishes to nibble! welcome!
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

The thing is, my mom made these really awesome gluten free (used almond and plantain flour with bacon grease) chocolate chip bacon cookies for me. I love the woman, she's really trying to support the gluten free stuff whenever we come over for dinner Anyway, I ate all of them.
          Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, sorry about the confusion. YUM YUM ...chocolate chip bacon cookies, I'm not sure if it's the thought of chocolate or bacon thats making me drool

Comment

They were like lacey type cookies. She asked me if I wanted to take the rest of the dough home with me, I told her no. I knew I'd cook them and eat them all.

Comment

I feel yah on that one, I'm the same way. I could never have sweets in the house because they wouldn't last long.

Comment

I'm slowly learning to ration out my dark chocolate in the fridge. Like, since I can't do it from a food perspective, I'm throwing the money perspective in there. It works, for the most part.

Comment

LoL I think dark chocolate is the only thing that would last here. Anstispating sweets and then not getting it could really turn anyone off. Could you just give it away? Or Melt it and make chocolate covered strawberries or something?

Comment

You could melt it down. I'd recommend 30 secs or less at a time on melting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X