Grok in Training

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grok in Training

Hi! New girl on the block. One of my chiropractors introduced me to MDA about a year ago and in recent weeks I have become obsessed with the site. I have been reading and reading and reading. I ordered The Primal Blueprint from eBay and the Primal Blueprint Cookbook from eBay as well.

I was hesitant to participate in this type of lifestyle because as a long distance runner I felt that pasta and breads and rice and other grains were necessary to train. I realized that I was just fueling the sugar burner. No wonder I ran 6 half marathons and a 20k last year and didn't lose an ounce of fat!!

Anyhow, I'm in now. I'm tripping along the way so far, but I am very excited about this lifestyle. I haven't had pasta in over a week. I don't miss it. I can't remember the last time I had rice... (I will today b/c of poor planning for lunch, but it's brown and wild according to the package). I don't miss grains. It's surprising to me, really.

I'm so excited and can't wait to get further into this journey!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Lots of healthy sources for carbs including sweet potato and even white rice (the benign grain) but you might want to take a look at Tha Paleo Diet for Athletes by Loren Cordain.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Why white rice over brown? Isn't white rice bleached or am I totally off-base here?
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Not so much bleached, as had the husk removed - i.e. more easily digested.
        Probably. I think.

Comment

Working...
        X