No announcement yet.

Starcraft 2 Beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think when Mark mentioned "Play" he didn't mean World of Warcraft thou Let's go outside and crash some rocks, hahaha

Comment

I actually avoid WoW and other MMO's. I just don't want to sit in front of a screen any more than I already do.

As a game designer, I am actually very conflicted between my desire to make games that are fun and inspirational, and my fear that if the industry continues the way it is going, that I am endorsing a medium that is toxic to society.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

hey Chris, I've actually played Dawn of War II. I thought it was good but very repetitive! Same missions over and over!

Comment

I have kind of mixed emotions about Diablo 3 since I fear they are gonna make it too 'Wow-like'. Based on the old screenshots published the game looks way too bright and cartoon-like instead of that grim and dark Diablo 2 look.

Comment

I am going to play Starcraft 2!

Excitement is uncontrollable! I wish I'd got a key so I could share it with you guys, but it is my friend who got lucky, so I'm off to his. You may not hear from me for a few days. How many years have I been wanting to do this?

@Nekurahn, Yeah, I like how it broke the mould in terms of gameplay, and did it really well. Purely a micro game, with lots of room for different strategies. I felt like they actually achieved a real sense of character to each of the squad leaders, something most games don't achieve at all.

It did get a bit repetitive though. I'll be curious to see if they shake it up in the expansion. I think they're bringing in the chaos.

Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Best RTS I've ever played. I'm totally blown away with it's awesomeness. I hope you other primal strategy gamers get a chance to play it soon.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Me too!

Comment

oh god. here goes:

Ex WoW player... undead rogue. I loved pvp and managed to hit 2300 in season 6.

sc2 is going to be sick!

Comment

I have now played about fifty games, and I'm still impressed. Hopefully it'll be out this year!

My fresh start in London

Comment

I'm busy with FFXIII at the moment so I don't have time to envy you. :P

Comment

I'm also on the FFXIII bus, but as soon as that is done, it will be back to Borderlands while I wait for D3. I'll probably disappear for a while once D3 comes out LOL

Comment

So uh, Chris, I heard there's a "Invite-A-Friend" invite being sent to everyone currently in the beta.

We're friends...right?

Comment

haha, sadly it is not my beta key but my friend's, though I think you'd be fighting a hoard if I did have one to share.

Hope you get your hands on one soon.

in other news, the game I was working on last, Perfect Dark for XBLA, is out, and doing pretty well. If you liked the N64 version, then you'll probably enjoy it.

My fresh start in London

Comment

Also, if anyone is interested a friend of mine has a channel where he uploads commentaries on Starcraft 2 videos and can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/hdstarcraft

He seems like a pretty cool dude so go take a look and subscribe to his channel if you like it.

He's currently giving away a beta key so if he gets a lot of traffic from this site I may be able to win it and share it with you guys.

Comment

just quit wow (for like the 4th time...) hopefully will be kept busy enough by our new farm animals. i dont plan on getting stuck into any new games anytime soon. i spend way too much time on them and end up staying up til 2-3am and not getting enough sleep!

Comment

Working...
                                X