So discouraged:(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shamia View Post
    Yay for beating breast cancer! I'm so happy to read about survivors!
    But you said you gotten steriods. Those are hormones and they do not disappear from your body quickly.

You are on the right track with PB for reprogramming your body (and thus your hormone levels), but you will have to give your body more time. It will need to level the hormone balance to a normal level before it will allow you to loose weight. Your body will fix itself and keep it's protective layer of fat as long as needed.
    Yep, thanks. I am blessed & I will kick back enjoy this journey. Now I'm going to go collapse for a bit- gym killed me today)

Comment

As odd as this sounds, I tend to lose fat and "bad weight" whenever I inrease my protein intake. And I eat approximately 5 times a day...nothing huge, though. I just get hungrier during the morning hours and feel I need more snack meals (mostly a protein first). Then I eat less in the late afternoons/evenings.

Two weeks, in my opinion, is not enough time to determine the success of any dietary lifestyle change. People who have gone Paleo/Primal were given a 30-day challenge. Not 15 days, but 30. Some people noticed that halfway through, they felt awful and lacked energy...but they were told to continue and not to quit. By the time they reached the 30-day mark, their energy improved, complexion improved, and they dropped fat weight.

Keep plugging away at it. At least from a logical viewpoint, you are eating healthier food choices and "cleaner" foods which are still a benefit, right? Then, at the end of 30 days, re-evaluate yourself.

Comment

Sound advise! I felt really strong at the gym today. Yup, my energy level has not only returned but increased in just a few weeks. THAT is what I'm talking about! Thanks, 'dude

Comment

Squash is bad? Oh no. Is it not considered a vegetable? I had spaghetti squash this week.

Comment

Who said squash is bad? Squash isn't bad. It is a vegetable, but squashes tend to be higher in carbs, so if you're trying to keep that and/or sugar consumption low, it's not a great option.
            Depression Lies

Comment

Yeah, I wondered about the squash too. Monday will be 21 days for me. Girls asked me at gym today how much weight have I lost. Told them the number hasn't changed really as I'm toning and building muscle. Compliments are good

Comment

Actually, squash is fruit. But it's really good for you! Just pay attention to how much of it you're eating if you are trying to keep carbs low.

Comment

Really watch your portions and limit total carbs to 100 per day. Track it on FitDay or somthing like that for a couple weeks. Get a food scale and measuring cups. Then you will know for sure what's going into your body. Keep following the plan and results will come!

Comment

Remember that measurements are more important than weight. Sometimes weight can stay the same or increase, while our measurements get smaller
                    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Comment

Yup, not going to follow the numbers on scale. I do have Fitday and love it. Bought The Paleo Cookbook. Running out of ideas...
                      thanks guys for the encouragement. Happy now with energy to spare.

Comment

I would recommend a lot more vegetables

Comment

Def good advice! Thanx, nenaconeja!

Comment

So I've given this another week or so and the numbers are absolutely the same. I am thinking that I must consider fat/ calorie intake. I'm now walk/running/sprinting intervals and weights 3x week ( not a lot of time "building muscle" so don't believe that to be an issue).

Haven't weighted myself since the beginning of this thread. Went to oncologist yesterday so my weight was taken and d%#! I haven't lost any weight in over a month! What the heck? Can one eat too many good fats?

I am only 5'3" and weight 150. Here's another sample menu of mine:

B= 2slices bacon, one egg omelet with onions & mushrooms.
                            No snack
                            L= not real hungry so eat handful almonds or hard boiled egg.
                            D-= ribeye and BAS.
                            Handful of blueberries.

Pay no mind to stupid ticker. Not accurate ( I am typing on iPad and I can't remove it

Coming in under 1200 calories daily according to 'MyFitnessPal' app. Eating a lot of protein, almost zero carbs and a lot of good fats.

You guys have been supportive and encouraging in the past. Hope someone can put a finger on pulse of my stall

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/][/url]

Comment

Us women tend to focus to much on the number on the scales, and that in it self is enough to make you stressed out. Stress is not good, that's one of the things one tries to avoid on primal. Forget about the scales, focus on being happy and healthy, that's what really matters isn't it? Besides it can often take a long time for women to lose weight/get healthy. It's just not as easy for us as for men. I tend to think it's because our bodies like to hold on to a bit of fat in case of pregnancy.
                              "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
                              Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

Comment

Yup, good advise. Guess just needed to vent a bit.
                                Thanks, Valkyria!

Comment

Working...
                                X