Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. Thanks, Knifegill!

Comment

i personally don't think that you are eating *enough* especially with your activities...i am assuming that you are walking 2miles on top of your daily routine (i cover 2 miles just doing day to day stuffs)

I do agree on ditching the banana.

are you tracking your calories at all? (i can hear the screams of "we don't count calories in these parts!" as i type) BUT....you do need to have a rough idea if you are under/over feeding and know what your BMR is....TPB talks about this...pg 224 i think.
      Most of us...especially "not so tall" women that have had SAD drilled into our heads forever have a tendency to think a lot of food is a lot of calories....it isn't always....and your food example doesn't look like a lot to me....

Comment

Clearly haven't mastered posting replies to individuals yet...LOL!

Thanks, HottiRockStar! Yes, that is my current exercise load. Before I got breast cancer, I lost a lot of weight counting carbs. I have an app I follow daily that shows me I am eating/ burning under 1200 calories a day? I just expected to lose the weight like before. Sorry if I got some members upset
        Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-21-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle Grey View Post
          I wish I had a list of the high GI fruits I should stay away from.
          This should help! Healthiest Fruits | Mark's Daily Apple

I would agree with others to cut out the squash and banana, and to make sure your pulled pork isn't full of sugar. Sauces are sugary! Also, with that few calories while doing that much exercise...!! Your body is probably hoarding its fat. You don't need to increase the AMOUNT you are eating if you are feeling full, but I would recommend sneaking in more butter/coconut oil. It won't make you feel stuffed with added volume but it will add a lot of calories that I think you are missing. Also, saturated fat is just plain good for you!
          Last edited by Gravyboat; 02-21-2012, 02:14 PM.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle Grey View Post
            Clearly haven't mastered posting replies to individuals yet...LOL!

Thanks, HottiRockStar! Yes, that is my current exercise load. Before I got breast cancer, I lost a lot of weight counting carbs. I have an app I follow daily that shows me I am eating/ burning under 1200 calories a day? I just expected to lose the weight like before. Sorry if I got some members upset
            for sure not enough calories. if you have the book take another look at the stuff about calories/BMR and search the main MDA (not the forum) for mark's posts about calories.

i don't think you got anyone upset

Comment

Hi, Michelle --
              You got some good answers here. I was thinking that London Broil and especially venison are very low fat, so it could very well be the fat as well as the squash and fruit.

You can cook your steak or venison in coconut oil and stir fry your vegetables in it. I think someone already said take a spoon of coconut oil instead of fruit for a snack -- of course, you have to like coconut oil. I started losing when I got unafraid of adding fat. I only lost 5 or 6 pounds the first month, but I lost 6 inches and am already getting defined muscles from the basic four PB exercises. Just lost another two pounds. I was eating a lot the first month, so I'm cutting portions a bit, but I don't think you're eating too much at all. Au contraire! But, take it as an experiment. It should be fun! If food isn't fun, it probably won't work. Relax a bit, nix the sugars, add the fat, and don't worry about calories for a week or two -- and don't weigh for two weeks. That's just my take, of course. But do keep trying and tweak as need be. We are all different.

You might like the BAS (bad ass salad). Dump a huge amount of romaine lettuce in a very large bowl and then just throw in every primal food that looks good and munch away. Great stuff -- meat, chicken, fish, all kinds of vegies, blueberries (low sugar), hard boiled eggs, avocados, etc. It's all fun. There's a video somewhere with Mark doing it.

Good luck!
              Last edited by lopisheep; 02-21-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks you guys. Great tips, encouraging and now off to prepare me a BAS!

Comment

17 Reasons You’re Not Losing Weight | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Good article. Read it before. Guess I need some memory tweaking as well. Thanks, loves walking!

Comment

Received another article written by 'josiah' entitled: Why I'm Not Losing Weight.
                      VERY good... Thank you!
                      I made me a BAS and sauted some veggies in coconut oil last night.
                      Ate a handful of blueberries as snack.
                      Walked 1 mile after dinner with DH.
                      Was full - proud of myself for having given up the 'white stuff' junk food, although most of my weight gain was through steroids in chemotherapy. I didn't overeat, however, did eat 'comfort' food back then. Have not eaten much junk nor drink any soda in a while. I do drink coffee. 1-2 cups in the morning, black.

Comment

Maybe you should avoid weighing yourself for the next month and then check the numbers at the end of it - and don't get so stressed about not losing weight and focus on how you are feeling. Do you feel more energetic? Have you found your mood has improved? Do you enjoy waking up?

Also - if you want to use up that coconut milk (you said you had some, right?) try adding it into your coffee in the morning - its an extra little bit of fat that tastes really good

My Journal in Paleo Eating

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboozel View Post
                          Maybe you should avoid weighing yourself for the next month and then check the numbers at the end of it - and don't get so stressed about not losing weight and focus on how you are feeling. Do you feel more energetic? Have you found your mood has improved? Do you enjoy waking up?

Also - if you want to use up that coconut milk (you said you had some, right?) try adding it into your coffee in the morning - its an extra little bit of fat that tastes really good
                          Sounds good to me! Thanks, Bamboozel

Comment

I also gained weight the first few weeks and have only lost 2 pounds total in 6 weeks of going primal BUT I have lost inches off my body.. I lost 1.5 inches off my waist alone (and I am already a size 6- trying to get rid of the last few tough pounds) and can feel such a difference in my back (which I know is a strange place to say but..) my back has lost all signs of additional fat.. people comment constantly on how I look better and thinner..

When I first started (due to my brother) I was upset as well as I couldn't find anyone who gained weight.. even my brother was looking and nothing but I stuck with it for the health benefits and I have changed my life completely.. I honestly can not imagine going back.. when I started I was looking for a weight loss diet what I have now is a change in my life that has not only helped me get healthy but finally feel like I am in control of my life regarding food and how to fuel my body..

Hang in there I promise it will be worth it!!

Comment

Originally posted by alleycat007 View Post
                              I also gained weight the first few weeks and have only lost 2 pounds total in 6 weeks of going primal BUT I have lost inches off my body.. I lost 1.5 inches off my waist alone (and I am already a size 6- trying to get rid of the last few tough pounds) and can feel such a difference in my back (which I know is a strange place to say but..) my back has lost all signs of additional fat.. people comment constantly on how I look better and thinner..

When I first started (due to my brother) I was upset as well as I couldn't find anyone who gained weight.. even my brother was looking and nothing but I stuck with it for the health benefits and I have changed my life completely.. I honestly can not imagine going back.. when I started I was looking for a weight loss diet what I have now is a change in my life that has not only helped me get healthy but finally feel like I am in control of my life regarding food and how to fuel my body..

Hang in there I promise it will be worth it!!
                              Thanks allycat007! I have determined to cut back on high GI and GL foods, too add more fat ( which is still a bit hard to wrap my head around just yet, and simply follow my body composition and well-being.
                              I know in the long run if my body fat percentage goes down ( knowing I'm eating well & excercising) that the chances of my breast cancer recurring will diminish as well!

Comment

Yay for beating breast cancer! I'm so happy to read about survivors!
                                But you said you gotten steriods. Those are hormones and they do not disappear from your body quickly.

You are on the right track with PB for reprogramming your body (and thus your hormone levels), but you will have to give your body more time. It will need to level the hormone balance to a normal level before it will allow you to loose weight. Your body will fix itself and keep it's protective layer of fat as long as needed.

Comment

Working...
                                X