First post, Going Primal!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post, Going Primal!

Just a quick hello from me, this looks like a pretty cool place to hang out.

I'm right at the beginning of my journey with regards to primal eating so I've started a blog to track the progress if anyone is interested @ GoingPrimal.co.uk

Twitter ID is @GoingPrimalUK

Read your blog - why are you eating shakes instead of food? And the "detox" of veggie cycling? That doesn't seem healthy, it seems more like a crash diet.

Comment

I should have been clearer I suppose. I'd already committed to doing this 30 day detox before I decided to follow primal/paleo way of thinking.
      After the 7 day shake/veg detox, it's like an elimination diet for 30 days, and with a few tweaks it's all primal/paleo type foods.

Comment

Welcome..but I have to ask..when's the Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360 detox?

have you seen whats in it?

Other Ingredients: Soy protein isolate�� (soy)
        , fructose, soy fiber (soy), plant sterols (soy), inulin, dicalcium phosphate, natural flavors, olive oil, magnesium citrate, silica, potassium chloride, proprietary blend▲ of RIAA and acacia [magnesium salts of reduced iso-alpha acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus L.), hydrogenated soybean oil encapsulate, and acacia extract],
        , lecithin (soy), sodium chloride, xanthan gum, guar gum, ascorbic acid, zinc gluconate, pyridoxine HCl
        , d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, copper gluconate, D-calcium pantothenate, thiamin HCl, riboflavin, chromium polynicotinate, retinyl palmitate, folic acid, L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin, cholecalciferol

Comment

Hi. I've read your blog and see you've had limited success with using conventional diet and exercise, so it'll be interesting to see how well primal works for you. I am also a UK based gym goer in a very sedentary job in IT. Good luck!
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Hi from another UK'er, I don't post that much, but I do a lot of reading on this here forum, and it's most informative, so stay on board, and good luck on your journey!

Cheers

Comment

Ah, I see. Good luck with switching to paleo/primal.

Comment

Working...
              X