No announcement yet.

Here to Support Hubby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome Dagny! Let me know how they like them. You can also do kid lunches that way (obviously not to pack to take to school) - if you have those 6-muffin tins (12 would be a LOT of food - haha). Have a couple proteins, 1 fruit, 3 veggies. yum yum.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

hippie_mama I don't have kids (and I'm not pregnant either...one of the few it seems , but my 1.5 year old niece was visiting just last month. She LOVED spaghetti squash with meatballs and marinara. I mean loved it. We couldn't believe how much she ate of it! Then, my brother (her dad) made the same meal for her again at home, and once again she ate EVERYTHING he gave her

Roasted veggies go over really well also, she was a big fan of roasted sweet potatoes. Surprisingly, she also really enjoyed avocado, and ate quite a bit of banana with peanut butter as well...not all primal/paleo, but it was all real food and I make everything from scratch at least

You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

*waves* Greetings!

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
        Current weight: 199
        Goal: 145

Comment

I just wanted to add that I often fix something that can be served over rice - so the Primals eat just the meat, but others can eat the meat w/ sauce over rice or noodles.

We also do things like Tacos, and some of us just eat our "tacos" without a tortilla.

Comment

LOL i did notice there were a lot of pregnancy journals posted around here--sheesh ladies! I'm more than a little intrigued by this 'increased libido' rumor though--hubby brought it up jokingly when he started the diet, but it doesn't really seem to be happening for him. I want to know how common it is, and if i should give him a hard time about it or not :P

Anyway, i'm going to give this thing a shot, so i can at least say i did. I don't want to make any grand commitments yet, but i'll go in one meal at a time and see where it takes me.

Comment

One meal at a time is a good way to go.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

First meal down about an hour ago, and it still feels like i haven't eaten all day (you know, the whole headache + nausea thing). Is this normal?

Comment

Look up low carb flu or induction flu. It will take a while to feel great for some people. Usually 2-3 weeks. I took no time. One person took 6 weeks. It varies.

Consider it withdrawl symptoms.

Comment

It's normal hippie_mama. Before you realize, you'll be a veteran primal eater. All the best to you.

Comment

Last time that I was with my friends kids, I gave them some Avocado slices, which they had never had before, because my friend is terrified of fat, and the kids loved the Avocado, between the 3 of us we ate the whole thing, she couldn't believe her kids were eating a veggie like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X