Hi!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

I'm new to the forum, but I've been researching paleo/primal for months. It started with the documentary Fat Head. Then I read everything I could find on the subject and spent hours searching the internet. I read PB and decided to start the year off going primal.

I have to say, I love the way of eating. However, I have not seen the weight loss I had hoped to see. I am starting out quite overweight and have only lost a few pounds. However, I think that the difficulty of exercise in Indiana during the winter, lack of sleep, too much dairy, and a sinus infection all made things more difficult.

Anyway, I'm 39 years old, and have been dealing with obesity since the birth of my second child in 2002. I followed the standard weight-loss diets, high in whole grains and low in saturated fats. I have put on a few more pounds each year doing that. I joined Weight Watchers in 2009 and lost about 25 pounds, and then put 35 back on.

So that's me - looking for a way to eat more naturally, feel healthy, and be at an optimum weight.

Hi! Welcome!

Get plenty of sleep, and don't forget to relaaaaaax more. Otherwise, your cortisol levels are through the roof. You'll be stressed out AND overweight.

Meditation and yoga. Go for it!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Working...
    X