Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie

Hi All,

I've been Primal for about 12 days now. So far, so good. I've found it relatively easy, so far. Around New Year's I was reviewing my dietary strategy and was appalled at the amount of processed foods I was eating, mostly for the convenience factor. I started thinking that I was going to cut the majority of them out. My way of thinking was that if it's closer to nature, it HAS to be healthier (also note I gained 26 pounds last year by eating this way...ugh!). Then a friend at work, who had recently gone Primal herself after watching her sister have a lot of success, told me about it. It was like my AHA moment.

A little more about me...I'm 32, female, and have always yo-yo'ed with my weight. I pretty much grew up the chunky chick in school. I slightly slimmed down in High School, and then BLEW UP in college (hello chili cheese fries in the cafeteria). I was so totally deluded that I didn't even realize it until I got my graduation pictures. Something had to give at that point. So, in the following 10 years I've tried almost every diet known to man. Dukan=horrible leg cramps. Weight Watchers=weight GAIN. Jenny Craig/Nutrasystem=too expensive and disgusting food. Low fat=always hungry. I eventually lost 80 pounds with a combination of a low fat/low carb diet and working out 3-4 days a week, but it was not maintainable because I was always hungry. So, I've gained back 50 of those pounds. And I'm tired of it all.

So, I've gone Primal. Not just for weight loss, but because I totally support the premise of eating whole, non-processed, delicious, nutritious, and filling foods. I think weight loss will be a natural consequence of just eating healthier and getting back to a reasonable exercise routine.

So, that's me.
    Last edited by Penady; 01-19-2012, 01:09 PM.

Your story is very similar to mine. I started this because I want to have energy again and feel good and finally lose all this weight that I've gained back after I stopped starving myself on Weight Watchers. .

Comment

I so understand the "trying every diet out there". I have been there too. I too think that focusing on the healthy living/eating/working out will lead to weight loss. Good luck to us both as we work on this new lifestyle!
      http://itcantbe2012already.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
      X