St Louis, Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Louis, Missouri

Am I really the only person in this WHOLE city that's on here... really? I could very much use a local kindred spirit. Not that I'm going to ever stop, but explaining it to people all of the time is exhausting. I've almost been following for a year and have had amazing results... and no one I know will even consider it yet... they still think I'm crazy and that I'm going to kill myself lol

Would be nice to have a friend that just gets it.

< /whine > Thanks for listening

I live 2.5 hrs south of the city. I know there are or were at least 2 CF facilities up there and I would bet some of the members are paleo/primal.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

darienx19 - MDA has had several thousand visits from St. Louis in the last month, so you&#39;re not the only one - just possibly the only vocal forum member.

Comment

soror: Thanks for the info. I&#39;m a little hesitant to jump into the crossfit scene... it seems a bit much for my lifestyle, but you&#39;re right... maybe I can just find some people who follow the blueprint or something similar.

Mark: It&#39;s great to know that there is traffic from here maybe someone will be encouraged to speak up. Thanks for sharing that with me!

Comment

Darien, I live 20 minutes outside St. Louis in Illinois.

Curious as to why you think Crossfit is "a bit much".

Comment

darienX19 - I grew up in Columbia, so I wish I were down there for some tribal connections to occur. Now I live in Sioux Falls and wonder the same about anyone else here who might be primal.

Comment

Jeffrw: That&#39;s awesome! I live on the south side and work in noco close to UMSL. I really like the idea of crossfit, I just don&#39;t have the time/money to dedicate to the local gyms. I tend to abuse Carondelet park for exercise during better weather, though I think I may just bundle up and do it anyway.

jpickett: If you make your way to StL, let me know!

Comment

Darien, I don&#39;t want to sound like a Crossfit salesman, but I alternate between doing CF at home (either actually at home or in nearby parks)or at my local YMCA where a family membership without a contract costs me $42 a month. A single membership runs around $30.

There are many offshoots of CF. For instance Jersey Kettlebell (http://crossfitjerseyshore.typepad.c...re_kettlebell/) which you can CF with kettlbells (or sub in with dumbbells) and you can do them at a park or wherever.

THere is also a great pdf somewhere on the official crossfit message board where someone collected every bodyweight cf workout.

And for whatever its worth, when I started CF I did so with a $120 barbell set from Sports Authority and a chinup bar, pair of dumbbells and a jump rope from wal-mart. Maybe $200? I&#39;ve added all kinds of kettlebells, medicine balls or other stuff as I&#39;ve went.

All that being said, I only Crossfit for 4-6 months a year. I like to rotate through several different programs including heavy barbell stuff, kettlebells, bodyweight, etc...

Comment

I&#39;m in St Louis!

You&#39;re not alone, I "get it".

Have you been to the new Carondelet center?

:-)

Comment

Jeff: thanks for the info, Perhaps I&#39;ll take a closer look at it all and see if maybe I can adjust some of the budget to get involved.

VanillaSpice: I haven&#39;t been in there yet, but I pass it on my way home every day lol Glad to see another St Louisan, that brings the total to 3 so far Perhaps I&#39;ll start a meetup group or something lol

Comment

I grew up in St. Louis and still consider it home, but now live south of Springfield, MO.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
                      Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
                      I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Comment

I&#39;ve been lurking on this site for a month or so. I&#39;m also in St. Louis.

-Wendy

Comment

I&#39;m 2 hours north in Illinois, but I make it to St. Louis about every other month. I do CrossFit-type exercises at my local gym. Sometimes I have to alter them to fit the equipment and space, but I am getting in good workouts.

Comment

I&#39;m from the U.K, but my hubby is from STL and we visit there a few times a year. :-) It&#39;s a great city.

Comment

I&#39;m in SF, CA for now but we&#39;re due to move home to KC in the Spring. :-P

Comment

Working...
                              X