Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going primal in the middle of nowhere, texas

Actually no where is a West Texas.

I guess I am here b/c when i discovered about this it was for my cycling and now I am here to retake control so I can teach my future students how they to can regain control and learn how to live a truly healthy life through good nutrition and excercise.

I am a Excercise Sport Science grad and teach physical education.

I race mountain bikes and wanting to take up cyclocross also.

anyway heres to the journey

Welcome and good luck in your endeavors.

I'm also in West Texas. West Texas, however, is a very curious beast when it comes to geographical locations. In fact, the entire state is rather odd. I'm near Amarillo, which is considered "West Texas". If you go to Dallas, you're in North Texas, even though it's several hundred miles south of me. You could be in El Paso, several hundred miles west and east of here and we'd both still be in West Texas.

So, fellow primal traveler, in what part of this great state are you located?

Comment

I believe I said that El Paso is EAST of Amarillo. Pardon my apparent lack of directional understanding. El Paso is clearly south and WEST.

Comment

where bouts are y'all? i grew up in west texas...now, not-quite-west texas.

Comment

I am in West Texas, too. I actually work at THE West Texas A&M University in Canyon, TX.

Comment

Holy crap, merm, we live in the same town. What are the odds?

Comment

Canyon really considered west texas? I figured that'd be the panhandle?

Comment

Hey texans, dallas here.

Comment

@Mr. B - Yeah, canyon claims both the panhandle and west texas - doesn't really make sense. But I am not a native - I am a yankee transplant.

@jefferson - awesome! I am part of a small group of guys (and a few gals) who follow the PB/paleo lifestyle. As soon as the weather improves we hold nightly workouts in a local park. Recently we have been confined to the gym - not much fun.

Comment

I'm currently tied up in Temple/Belton and fiercely determined to move to Austin this spring. I really want to move closer to an urban center so that I can walk more places; there are not enough safe sidewalks to really go anywhere by foot around here.

Best part about Texas: Beef is a separate food group

Worst part about Texas: Sugar is, too

Comment

Best part about Texas: Beef is a separate food group

Worst part about Texas: Sugar is, too

Ha ha. Yep.

I'm on the edge of the Hill Country, 35 miles north of the capital building.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                      —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

San Angelo, here

Comment

I love the comment about Sugar being a separate food group here. I am in Friendswood and that is very near Sugarland with the town between named Pearland.

Comment

Austin by way of Round Rock here!

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                            X