Tired on the first few days of the Primal blueprint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired on the first few days of the Primal blueprint

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone else has felt extremely tired on the first few days of going primal? Its only my 3rd day and even though i feel great i am so tired. Any feed back is appreciated.

yep, thats carb flu alright! stick with it, believe me it gets so much better.
    Try eating some protein or fat and the energy levels will soar ( i know i got it wrong yesterday and didnt realise til one of my students mothers offered me some walnuts as a snack due to the fatigue) It made beginner trumpet much easier to teach!

have you seen the calling all uk groks thread? there is also a london group you might want to join

Comment

I did Atkins a few times which never work and i know there would be a slight dip in energy but i have never felt so tired so quickly. When i wrote the previous post i sat on the couch for 5 minutes and just woke up!

Comment

Yes I'm definitely tired, even with 8 hours of sleep last night I found it hard to get out of bed this morning. And I've noticed a dip in energy from about 3-7 every day, accompanied by a headache, which I'm pretty sure is sugar withdrawal. I'm on day 4 so I'm hoping its just the carb flu!

Comment

Yeah you have low blood sugar... your body is a bit slow to turn on the gluconeogenisis pathway.

You will bounce back. Try a little coconut oil, should help.

Comment

Or, if you feel super terrible, temporarily breaking the cycle with a few sweet potatoes is not the worst thing in the world. I mean, learning to swim can happen by being thrown into the pool by your uncle, but there's no problem treading shallow water for awhile, either.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Have some berries or some fruit. Fat is not always the answer to everything.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm hoping this will pass but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                  Or, if you feel super terrible, temporarily breaking the cycle with a few sweet potatoes is not the worst thing in the world. I mean, learning to swim can happen by being thrown into the pool by your uncle, but there's no problem treading shallow water for awhile, either.
                  Lol I was taught to swim by my brother when he chucked me off the end of a pier!

Comment

Working...
                  X