About me: Fishkeeper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About me: Fishkeeper

I've been a forum junkie for awhile, and a lot of it was spent on Monsterfishkeepers. Any other Primal Fishkeepers around? I have some doradids, which are nocturnal cave-dwellers who eat, eat, eat. I find them the most awesome, spike critters in the universe.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Alright, have an orinocodoras eigenmanni, then. This is the largest specimen known in the world, and she's mine:

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

How big is she? We don't have anything of a decent size here though i've poked around the monsterfishkeepers website before xD (We have odessa barbs, denison barbs, lipstick barbs, kuhli loaches, rainbow shark and harlequin rasboras (125g) pandy corys, julii corys, black phantom tetras, copeland tetras, head and tail light tetras, white cloud mountain minnows, and a blue dwarf gourami (46g) (I think that's everyone)

Comment

Cool! I've had cories and a blue dwarf gourami before. Always wanted to get some khulis and grow them out, and I have been tempted to do a barb collection. My problem with barbs is that I can't tell one from the next, where similar species are concerned.

Oh, the eigenmanni is something like 8.5" without tail. I'd have to look it up to be sure.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

The three barbs listed above couldn't look much different! And, there is a good bit of size difference. Lipstick barbs are super rare though and we are having a hard time finding information on them (and we need some more to fill out the school). But you are right, I can't tell some apart. That's my roommate's tank and he knows barbs by species, it's so bizarre. His next two fish he wants are red jasper barbs and orange laser corys.

What size tank(s) are you running? The 'real' tanks are the 46 (bowfront) and the 125.. but technically the fish are spread across 4 tanks at the moment as a bunch are in quarantine (20L and 30). Our LFS is changing hands and had a big sale, so we picked up more fish xD I believe we are moving them all this weekend... won't be fun!

Comment

Had a 125, it twisted and leaked because our floor is mush. Now it's just two 75's, two 55's, a 30, three tens and a few walstad vases with scuds, etc. More tens to come, though. My purple guppy line is too promising to give up on!

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Very nice! Love the tail colors.

We had some bettas in 10s but when the pass on, we just emptied the tanks. Too bad you arn't closer xD I think we have three of them around here :P

And we had some ADFs

Comment

Two ADFs

Comment

So cute! Love ADF's! I had a pair that would dance together. I don't know if it was courtship or what.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I used to be a super-enthusiastic fishkeeper, but now I just have a 45 with the surviving members:
                    Siamese algae eater, 2 cories, cherry barb and a pair of blood parrots. Everything I'd been told about blood parrots was wrong: they eat floating food and they don't pick on anyone. Sometimes they get a little broody when they're spawning and a roommate blunders into their nest area.

Don't know anything about doradids, tell us more!
                    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

I miss my froggies ADF courtship is... interesting to say the least I'd hate to be either one. ha

We are so bad about taking fish pictures. Here are some random pictures of other fish

Comment

Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                        I used to be a super-enthusiastic fishkeeper, but now I just have a 45 with the surviving members:
                        Siamese algae eater, 2 cories, cherry barb and a pair of blood parrots. Everything I'd been told about blood parrots was wrong: they eat floating food and they don't pick on anyone. Sometimes they get a little broody when they're spawning and a roommate blunders into their nest area.

Don't know anything about doradids, tell us more!
                        Oh man, I want blood parrots sooooooo bad.

Comment

I've been keeping fish for about 12 years. I'm down to two tanks now, but at one point I had six tanks in different sizes with different fish. I love my fish and have always wanted an arrowana (my spelling could be off). I've tried planted tanks and salt tanks but find the freshwater and brackish easier to maintain with healthier livestock. Loving the pictures of your fish!

Comment

Oh man, I want blood parrots sooooooo bad.
                            They're really quite endearing. The problem is they're hard to watch because mine can see me from across the room and they watch ME instead. One time I let algae grow over the side of the tank and they cleared a hole so they could watch me working at my desk.
                            Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                            Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                            "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Working...
                            X